IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

On 7/6/2022 at 8:13 AM, yekker said:

I'm kind of interested in this rg351mp to play old 8 bit and 16 bit games.. I'm not really into anything more than that but they'll do n64 it appears

Does anyone have experience with it, or other portable emulator system?

351mp_ff15c302-0918-461b-8c6a-a382e16d2a

They cost a couple hundred canadian but they're frickin metal...

Sounds like the Steamdeck would be a better purchase in the long run. More expensive you can play anything from MAME to PS3 games on it - and of course, your Steam library. I'm thinking about buying one.

Playing The Witness now. Definitely a humbling experience. Some of the puzzles seem impossible until you solve them. Not confident I'll be able to finish this one but I'm really liking some of the philosophical/creative takeaways from this game. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Squee said:

Sounds like the Steamdeck would be a better purchase in the long run. More expensive you can play anything from MAME to PS3 games on it - and of course, your Steam library. I'm thinking about buying one.

I really want something small and enough power to play mame. The mp has a really nice 4:3 screen.

9 hours ago, Danny O Flannagin said:

Playing The Witness now. Definitely a humbling experience. Some of the puzzles seem impossible until you solve them. Not confident I'll be able to finish this one but I'm really liking some of the philosophical/creative takeaways from this game. 

This game was my morning mantra to get my mind going. I love it and haven't finished yet also. Some puzzles were complete irreverence for me, but once I got them, everything fell in its place.

On 7/9/2022 at 9:37 PM, logakght said:

This game was my morning mantra to get my mind going. I love it and haven't finished yet also. Some puzzles were complete irreverence for me, but once I got them, everything fell in its place.

Only puzzle game I felt was really unfair. Many of the later puzzle solutions still don't make sense for me even after solved.

44 minutes ago, onecaseman said:

Only puzzle game I felt was really unfair. Many of the later puzzle solutions still don't make sense for me even after solved.

Maybe nonsense was the key for some of them?

On 7/12/2022 at 6:48 AM, Squee said:

Started playing Fallout New Vegas for the first time. Seems solid only an hour in. 

this game has some of the best DLC ever made. Lonesome Road and Dead Money are must-play.

• Thanks 1

On 6/28/2022 at 9:16 AM, Squee said:

whoa. curse of monkey island was mega important to my childhood and still a favorite. ill definitely play this if it gets even half decent reviews

AC: Valhalla

Never was into AC games but I love this one so far. The graphics and scenery are pretty amazing. Reminds me of Skyrim and the Witcher 3 together. 

Even when playing on PS4 pro

Edited by Berk

Finished the Broken Steel questline in FO3 yesterday. I forgor how boring this game gets once you're OP at the max Level 30. At that point combat becomes a joke and it's basically a walking simulator. Might not touch it again for a long time, if ever.

I'm tempted to give Empyrion a try. Had it in my Steam library for a while but haven't touched it. Supposed to be like NMS with emphasis on survival elements.

I started Mass Effect Legendary Edition. I was on a ten year hiatus from video games when these came out, so I bought the trilogy used a while back and got stuck on the first mission. Gave this updated version a shot and am cruising through the early game.

I also beat Ghostwire Tokyo, but it's not near as good as The Evil Within games. There's a lot of Japanese ghost story context I felt was missing for me as an American.

• Like 1

On 7/10/2022 at 6:11 AM, yekker said:

I really want something small and enough power to play mame. The mp has a really nice 4:3 screen.

The M and the P have the GBA aspect ratio, doesn't the MP too? 

I have the RG351V, which is proper 4:3. Retroarch is great on it, plays everything up to PS1 well. For ergonomics I think I'd prefer the M or the P or the MP. 

I've heard good things about the retroid pocket 2+, but I haven't tried it myself. Apparently it runs anything up to and including psp very well. Looks like a decent deal at $99. https://www.goretroid.com/products/retroid-pocket-2-plus-handheld-retro-gaming-system

I played: The Forest

The Forest

Good indie game. Recommended. ?

Genre: Open-World Survival Crafting Horror
Setting: An island. You're a survivor of a plane crash.

To do: Chop trees, gather plants, hunt animals, build camps, craft gear, explore dark caves, make friends with the local cannibals, pretend the mutants don't exist, look for other survivors along the way, and maybe more importantly find your son.

Tips / Guide: Loot the plane crash site and get out of there before night falls. You'll now have the axe, meds, food, drinks, alcohol, cloth,... Also gather stones, sticks, and leaves. Look up a map of the island online. The local cannibals have regular patrol routes. Build a hunting shelter and a firepit in a safe spot the cannibals don't patrol near. Save. It's actually safer to build more smaller camp sites spread across the island and run from place to place, than it is to building one big base, staying there and having to defend it endlessly from increasingly harder attacks. The patrols get larger as days go by. Nights are especially dangerous (and scary) as the cannibals will be looking for any fire light source. Craft a bow and arrows and/or a spear. Go hunt. Drink from puddles. Eat from bushes. Build some more shelters along the way. Craft the warmsuit armor, as it makes you immune to cold and wet. You're now prepared to explore the island, the cannibal villages, and the caves. Good luck on your adventure,... I mean your search for your son Timmy.

Edited by MaartenVC

I played: Rain World

Rain World

I really wanted to love this game... But sadly it's not for me.

In short: Beautiful and unique, but unpleasant and unrewarding.

Positives: Beautiful art style, gritty atmosphere, interesting concept, finding new alien environments, trying to outsmart enemies, cute/sad story, interesting enemy AI and physics, no hand-holding, challenging,...

Negatives: Unrewarding exploration, janky menus, unresponsive clunky controls, no resolution options, no upgrades, too little guidance, frustratingly hard, no aiming, no health, quite unfair at times, tedious at times, unclear map, slow and limited movement, on a hidden random timer, dubious frustrating shelter/savepoint/death/karma-mechanic, long repeated cut-scenes, repetitive grinding for karma, no moving camera, creatures bugging out,...

Unfortunately I can't recommend this one.

Edited by MaartenVC

Played Stray, the cat is very cute and everything just looks incredible. Nice city. Nice robots. Gameplay is pretty shallow tbh, and there could've definitely been more to do and see here. What matters most is that I had a very very good time with it. Did I mention the cat is very cute? The cat is very cute.

If you've got Playstation plus you should definitely give it a go (it's one of the monthly games), especially if you've got a PS5.

• Like 3

On 7/28/2022 at 3:58 PM, Silent Member said:

Played Stray, the cat is very cute and everything just looks incredible. Nice city. Nice robots. Gameplay is pretty shallow tbh, and there could've definitely been more to do and see here. What matters most is that I had a very very good time with it. Did I mention the cat is very cute? The cat is very cute.

If you've got Playstation plus you should definitely give it a go (it's one of the monthly games), especially if you've got a PS5.

I’ve just started it. The cat is quite cool ?

Finally finished Elden Ring. Went for the dung eater ending and might leave it at that…..