IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

I beat Mass Effect 2. I was excited to get to the center of the galaxy, and that was a bit disappointing. Still a good game. I started Infamous: Second Son and will try to beat that before I start Mass Effect 3.

• Like 1

Pulled the trigger on Splatoon 3 digital copy, after watching some review videos, it is more than just new levels. The graphic engine runs really smoothly, and camera controls aren’t as janky as SP2, Salmon Run now lets you throw golden eggs into the basket, good luck with that. There is also a forced update that will almost break matchmaking currently, and causes tons of player disconnects. If they fix that, it’s a good upgrade from SP2. @Enthusiast or anyone else wants to multiplayer or Salmon Run, pm me.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rubin Farr said:

Pulled the trigger on Splatoon 3 digital copy, after watching some review videos, it is more than just new levels. The graphic engine runs really smoothly, and camera controls aren’t as janky as SP2, Salmon Run now lets you throw golden eggs into the basket, good luck with that. There is also a forced update that will almost break matchmaking currently, and causes tons of player disconnects. If they fix that, it’s a good upgrade from SP2. @Enthusiast or anyone else wants to multiplayer or Salmon Run, pm me.

Still waiting for my physical copy to arrive :catcry:

• Sad 1

Anybody here a mega man fan? I've never played any and decided to purchase the legacy collections. I tried mega man 1 and got my ass kicked and then read to start with 2.

Suggestions?

8 hours ago, yekker said:

Anybody here a mega man fan? I've never played any and decided to purchase the legacy collections. I tried mega man 1 and got my ass kicked and then read to start with 2.

Suggestions?

Mega Man 4 is the best of them but they are all pretty hard by todays standart. the legacy collection has a rewind button which makes them much more enjoyable to play

• Like 1

Playing Moss books 1, and eventually 2, on the Quest.  Liking it more than the PSVR version. Speaking of PSVR though the PSVR2 looks incredible, especially with the foveated rendering technology. Can’t wait to get it. 

7 hours ago, o00o said:

Mega Man 4 is the best of them but they are all pretty hard by todays standart. the legacy collection has a rewind button which makes them much more enjoyable to play

Ok cool. I have a feeling I'll be using that rewind button a lot, at least while I'm learning the games.

17 hours ago, yekker said:

I tried mega man 1 and got my ass kicked and then read to start with 2.

IMO 3 is the best one, followed by 2.  In the X series, 1 and 2 are the best, so you're good just starting from the top there.  While not in these collections, we just replayed Megaman Legends 1 and 2, and those(especially 1) held up really well.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BaggerMcGuirk said:

IMO 3 is the best one, followed by 2.  In the X series, 1 and 2 are the best, so you're good just starting from the top there.  While not in these collections, we just replayed Megaman Legends 1 and 2, and those(especially 1) held up really well.  

K sounds good✌I'm excited to finally play these games. I'm decades late.

• Like 2

I just finished a replay of the Titanfall 2 campaign, and it holds up really well imo.  The older I get, the more I kind of resent busy work in games, and this one is in and out in 5 hours with no filler.  It plays like a dream as well.  

• Like 1

Started Catherine: Full Body on my switch. Love the vibe so far. Installed I am Setsuna as well which is just so comfy to look at. Plays at 60fps with overclocking too which is great. I wish their 2nd title was more similar to this, from what I've read it's a bit of a disappointment.. Chrono Trigger 4ever :gamer:

Edited by chronical
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, chronical said:

Started Catherine: Full Body on my switch. Love the vibe so far. Installed I am Setsuna as well which is just so comfy to look at. Plays at 60fps with overclocking too which is great. I wish their 2nd title was more similar to this, from what I've read it's a bit of a disappointment.. Chrono Trigger 4ever :gamer:

this looks really weird in a good way. I dont get the concept completly - so he sometimes has nightmares that turn the game into an action platformer? 

On 8/28/2022 at 6:49 PM, ambermonke said:

Soviet Bioshock lookin mighty fine

Hide contents

Hopefully this year's geopolitics doesn't affect availability upon final release

this looks really good

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BaggerMcGuirk said:

deffo seconded, a tie tween 2 and 3. 2 is probably my favourite game ever.

4 is still very good (introducing mega buster etc) but that's when the franchise started feeling a bit stale imo. 9 and 10 were both great, too, tho (obviously not included in legacy edition). only talking about the 8-bit style ones here btw.

edit: 2 also has an easy mode.

Edited by jaderpansen
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, milkface said:

My Xbox Series X is coming tomorrow - so excited!!

Well, I hope you prefer the X over the S.

On 6/28/2022 at 4:53 PM, milkface said:

Sold my Xbox Series S because it's a shit console with shit games and got myself a PS4 again

On 9/17/2022 at 9:15 AM, Rubin Farr said:

What loadout are you using? I played a little bit this evening and I am getting destroyed. Reverting to the roller to rack up some points.

6 minutes ago, Enthusiast said:

What loadout are you using? I played a little bit this evening and I am getting destroyed. Reverting to the roller to rack up some points.

Don’t import your Splatoon 2 save, it’s pointless and the matchmaking is borked. I used some Amiibo outfits to grind up since you can’t access any stores til level 4 (why?). But I usually stick to an Aerospray gun, with a ninja squid shirt for griefing, and whatever shoes, etc. make me run / swim faster. Haven’t tackled Salmon Run or single player yet.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Squee said:

Well, I hope you prefer the X over the S.

My main problem with the S was the fact that it was digital only and how tiny 500GB storage is for a download only console. Didn't realise how much of a scam digital only was until I had bought the console which shows my stupidity. Loads of my friends also got Series X/S in the last few months so I'll finally have people to play with which is also gonna be great!