IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

This is amazing, if you’re a retro games fan, can’t recommend this enough. Not only does it have way more games than the past 2 Atari collections, (from every console) it has unreleased games, hours and hours of historical and BTS videos, interviews, promos, etc. AND 6 reimagined classic 2600 games that bury those terrible “Recharged” versions they did last year. And it’s a Black Friday deal on Amazon.

1A9BF421-2BF8-44E5-A9B0-343EF8CC283E.webp

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Squee said:

OMFG!!!! I just spent two hours on the first puzzle in Scorn. Turns out there was a game breaking bug that prevented me from solving the puzzle.

thanks HR Ginger

• Farnsworth 1

I finally have my brand new 13900k/4090 build up and running and the first game I've picked back up is Subnautica, which is what I was just starting to get into when my old PC died.

this game is scary to me in a way that no other game can be because it plays on a very real fear I have of deep water. just being caught out in the open as the sun sets and it all goes dark and you're swimming through the murk gets my heart pounding and I have to hightail it back to base. seriously difficult for me to play this.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I've played through The Callisto Protocol twice now. it's... not entirely what it could have been. the main drawback is the actual combat which is jarring (the melee element mainly), repetitive and shallow. also probably the story, which will be old hat to anyone coming from Dead Space (or even otherwise tbh). but on the visuals, sound design, atmosphere and environments it delivered hugely, so I was basically happy with my experience. you will see a lot of internet losers writing off the whole game but it's still worth playing and I'd rate it at least 7/10, accounting for its weaknesses. this is particularly bearing in mind that it has been set up for sequels, and with iterative development I'm sure SDS can address those weaknesses e.g. bring deeper and more satisfying combat into the mix.

I've now moved on to Control which I am playing for the first time. no idea what the fuck is going on but it's great. pretty funny going from a slow, realism-type deal in TCP to this. I'm just glad to play a Remedy game that doesn't play like Alan pisspants Wake.

• Like 1

Pentiment. I adore it and can't stop thinking about it, but also can't decide if I should recommend it widely or if I'm just 100% the precise target audience for this game. It's on game pass, give it a shot, esp if you are a fan of Josh Sawyer's amazing writing  (he did narrative direction on Fallout: New Vegas and Pillars of Eternity, and was involved in Icewind Dale & Neverwinter Nights)

• Like 2

On 12/8/2022 at 4:06 AM, usagi said:

I've played through The Callisto Protocol twice now. it's... not entirely what it could have been. the main drawback is the actual combat which is jarring (the melee element mainly), repetitive and shallow. also probably the story, which will be old hat to anyone coming from Dead Space (or even otherwise tbh). but on the visuals, sound design, atmosphere and environments it delivered hugely, so I was basically happy with my experience. you will see a lot of internet losers writing off the whole game but it's still worth playing and I'd rate it at least 7/10, accounting for its weaknesses. this is particularly bearing in mind that it has been set up for sequels, and with iterative development I'm sure SDS can address those weaknesses e.g. bring deeper and more satisfying combat into the mix.

I've now moved on to Control which I am playing for the first time. no idea what the fuck is going on but it's great. pretty funny going from a slow, realism-type deal in TCP to this. I'm just glad to play a Remedy game that doesn't play like Alan pisspants Wake.

Haven't played TCP yet, but I watched a gameplay live stream the other day. I guess that GRP thingy you get is nearly identical to the telekinesis ability in Control. I think I got pretty far in that game two years ago but never finished it.

enjoying Control but lol at Remedy not being able to help some of their old bullshit sneaking in. this mold boss fight reminds me of some of my most hated times in Alan Wake.

I have now started to develop oil at Factorio and will soon be building my first trains. The game is really comparable to little else. I can hardly imagine how much time must have gone into it.

Edited by o00o

On 12/10/2022 at 1:20 PM, luke viia said:

Pentiment. I adore it and can't stop thinking about it, but also can't decide if I should recommend it widely or if I'm just 100% the precise target audience for this game. It's on game pass, give it a shot, esp if you are a fan of Josh Sawyer's amazing writing  (he did narrative direction on Fallout: New Vegas and Pillars of Eternity, and was involved in Icewind Dale & Neverwinter Nights)

this has gone on my wishlist.

• Like 1

I don't think I've really tried much in the way of new titles this year. Bought Scorn, and it's sitting in my Steam library, but I've still never touched it. Played Part 1 of Cultic around Halloween time frame, which is a pretty solid boomer shooter - draws heavy influence from both Blood and RE4. Lately I've been back on the NMS grind, with OG Synthetik on the side for my hard combat fix.

TCP looks intriguing but I haven't even touched the Dead Space series yet. Still wanna set up a streaming channel at some point but I've got higher priority projects atm.

Looking forward to the System Shock remake next year though. Supposed to drop March 2023, last I heard.