IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

I beat God of War Ragnarok. Pretty solid experience all the way through. Nothing revelatory in way of story. Gameplay is optimized, world is much more lived in, and open world elements are way more interesting. 

Has anyone played Red Dead Online? I know you can co-op on missions with friends, but is it a point to kill other online players? I would really like more time in that world, but I'd like to play alone, and if I get sniped or killed by some 14 year old all the time, I won't bother. 

On 12/14/2022 at 3:40 PM, scumtron said:

Has anyone played Red Dead Online? I know you can co-op on missions with friends, but is it a point to kill other online players? I would really like more time in that world, but I'd like to play alone, and if I get sniped or killed by some 14 year old all the time, I won't bother. 

There are some single player-ish missions and some mp missions that are pretty ok. It's nothing compared to the sp game though. Not really worth your time tbf

• Thanks 1

finished Control, great stuff. the DLCs were good value-add as well. I actually liked that it didn't drag on for 100 hours. 50 hours to comfortably 100% the whole thing I'm well happy with.

I've now moved on to Resident Evil 7. I'm on a real tear lately with unplayed games in my library from the last 3 years.

Edited by usagi
  • Like 3

Decided to try out High On Life. So far I do not regret my purchase.

EDIT: I don't regret buying it, but it's not like there's anything ground-breaking about it either. Combat is similar to Borderlands minus the RNG aspect. Dialogue is funny at times and not try-hard cringe like BL either. Overall, it's...acceptable.

Edited by ambermonk

Having a go at the FF7 Remake on PS5 - looks great and now they have given an alternative to turn based combat (button mashing hack n slash ??) I might be able to get stuck into the game.

I also just finished the Dark Pictures Little Hope. Better than Man of Medan in my opinion but I’m not one for replaying games for different endings, so I guess I’m missing a lot of content. Still enjoyed it though.

i also wanted to post on page 808 of this thread ?

image.thumb.jpeg.c478099f4d09d5b9132b91797e1def8e.jpeg

Finally got around to replaying Moss book one and then having a first time play through of book 2 on the Quest 2. Much more comfortable and impressive looking and easier to control on the quest 2 compared to the original PSVR. Anyways, about the sequel. I think Polyarc did a great job with this and further cemented their place alongside Astrobot as the the best platformers in VR. 

Everything is improved. More impressive looking and varied environments to explore. A greater assortment of weapons and abilities as well as enemies (although they are very easy to defeat) and puzzles. The story is more interesting and incorporates different characters, one of which you actually get to play as to eventually aid Quill in her journey, which is nice because despite the original being an adorable testament to how fun platformers in VR can be it did feel like a solitary, and at times repetitive experience.

There is still a ton of room for growth and I really hope the next volume will be significantly longer and have further improvements in the areas already listed above but also hopefully in terms of gameplay types as well. This is one area in which Astrobot did so well, even if it were some of the familiar tropes in the genre like swimming, hang gliding, mine cart runs, etc. Polyarc had a much smaller team but with the recent accolades I would hope they expand, have more of a budget and really outdo themselves for the next-gen headsets if that’s where the third chapter will land.

Oh and if they wanted to make a souls-like 3rd person game I would be ultra down with that shit. The one thing Moss definitely lacks is challenge. Still though, super fun short and sweet experience that is much cheaper than this FF7 Crisis Core game I bought which is a chore to play and horrible besides. FF7 Remake was fun but I would say stay away from crisis core, it’s essentially a polished dog turd. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Been playing a stupid amount of MW2. Now that they've released a new shipment map (they've added a snowman and christmas tree lol). The double XP event was cool for levelling up loads of weapons that I won't use in future but need to level up for attachments I want.

On the side I've also been playing the new lego star wars too. I got it when it came out but stopped playing after I finished all of the levels but now that my friend is really close to 100%ing the entire game and showed me his progress and it made me want to start playing again. Also been playing the remastered GTA SA over the last year and finished the last mission the other day. Probably going to carry on with the assassins creed ezio collection or maybe gonna complete GTA 4 again.

AI generated art of Dark Souls, Bloodborne, Elden Ring games in 1980s dark fantasy movie style.
Absolutely amazing. So incredible.

I think the developments in AI art in 2022 will be considered a massive milestone in art history, whether one likes it or not.
Obviously many professional artists have already raised concerns about authorship/copyright (the use of existing copyrighted art within AI training datasets) and the future of their jobs. (to make a living from making art)
In any case, from now on, massive amounts of high-quality art can be made in a short amount of time, for next to nothing, by practically anyone knowing which prompts to use and which results to select and refine.
This might become a profession on its own.
I myself have drawn all my life. More as a hobby, not to make a living, although I tried, somewhat.
I could never have imagined that software could create such things. I thought it was impossible.
But here we are.
I honestly kind of envy it for its seemingly wild imagination and its high quality.
I really can see AI art software starting to replace professional artists in the coming years.
It might actually be safer and wiser for professional artists to embrace this new technology/tool and use it rather than fight it, as, I'm afraid, it's rise is inevitable.
Throughout history many artists have used technology to create groundbreaking art.
From now on, any new image you see on the web and in real life could have been made by or with the help of AI.
People don't yet realize how massive this is / will be.
I feel very conflicted. It's scary, but at the same time very very exciting.

Edited by MaartenVC
  • Like 2

At least he admits that he's a Douche. I already pre-ordered S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 some time last year. But safety should be GSC Gameworld's priority rn.

Also this game (Moon Runner) looks pretty dope. Plus it's free.

• Like 1

high hopes for Staukirr 2.

RE7 is fantastic. best entry in the series since RE4, clearly. one of the DLCs is basically you as an old man running around a swamp punching zombies and eating bugs. amazon. need to grab Village at some point. normally I'd have splurged on Steam sales by now but I'm tryna save money atm and I'm only allowing myself a couple of titles I really want.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, usagi said:

high hopes for Staukirr 2.

RE7 is fantastic. best entry in the series since RE4, clearly. one of the DLCs is basically you as an old man running around a swamp punching zombies and eating bugs. amazon. need to grab Village at some point. normally I'd have splurged on Steam sales by now but I'm tryna save money atm and I'm only allowing myself a couple of titles I really want.

Yeah Resident Evil 7 is quite impressive. I love Village too, but it's a different vibe.

Fresh S.T.A.L.K.E.R. 2 trailer just dropped

Also RIP Volodymyr Yezhov - one of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. devs who died while fighting for his country

Edited by ambermonk
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, onecaseman said:

Yeah Resident Evil 7 is quite impressive. I love Village too, but it's a different vibe.

visually RE7 holds up super well. whatever the team baked into the RE engine to give it that realistic look and feel without costing an arm and leg computationally makes it so that the whole game functions very smoothly and looks amazing doing it. it's pretty impressive in a world where games are increasingly experiencing performance issues on launch. also, unrelated, the music that Lucas blasts when you enter his side of the house sounds exactly like The Body and I loved it.

I've now moved on to Prey.

Edited by usagi
  • Like 1

Everyone was right, Elden Ring is good

Stormveil Castle is one of the most beautiful locations I've seen in a game. I've died a couple times just trying to get in the best position for a nice screenshot.

• Like 1