IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

13 hours ago, YEK said:

Remote mines in the basement!

Yes! So many fond memories, sounds like @ambermonkhas em too. 

Played some more last night, finally got my controller settings tweaked, started killing it. So much fun, but really a dearth of players. If anyone here has a switch and wants to game hit me up:

SW-5691-5848-1592

On 1/21/2023 at 8:23 PM, Enthusiast said:

Just finished the main story of God of War: Ragnarok. It's at least as good as the previous game. I love the combat and the exploration, but most of all listening to Mimir's stories and conversations. The voice acting is superb. 

It's hard to beat Sony's big triple A story driven games for entertainment.

my brother's finished it now. i thought it had a serious problem with a LOTR influence. pretty to look at, lots of unnecessary and convoluted dialogue. i've can't remember a game so widely praised that i thought was fundamentally flawed. very ordinary gameplay, small areas and tight camera, grinding with unnecessary activities like hopping over logs, climbing inexplicable gaps and ledge. completely disconnected from it's origins and identifying characteristics. the last game was far better, and was a good evolution, but this just felt like hard work.

The voice acting is god awful (as the below trailer demonstrates), the opening chapter feels like one of those early access game that gets shat on from Youtubers, it seems to be dragging on far a bit too long .... and yet (and yet) I can't stop playing this (currently put around 15 hours into it)

Like Half Life crossed with Bioshock, but with a crappy digital camera (that gets through batteries faster than a Game Gear) instead of your guns and various GUIs and panels and levers and natural hazards instead of enemies

No horror-y stuff, just urban exploration type things. One for fans of The Proper People youtube channel, liminal spaces and lazy structural engineers

On 1/30/2023 at 4:57 PM, ambermonk said:

Good ol' Goldeneye...how could I forget. Pretty much spent all of my free time back in 7th grade playing that classic. I remember the unlockable "No Radar" cheat was a thing in splitscreen multiplayer. Although I wasn't that fond of the explosions, since they'd linger like fire for a few seconds and still damage you if you got too close.

As for particular missions, I remember Mission 16 where you have to cover Natalya while she's hacking the central console was arguably the hardest section in the game, since infinite badguys would continue pouring out until she was finished. Sorta reminds me of the Entanglement section from HL2 where you have to wait for Alyx to disable the barriers inside Nova Prospekt.

And the music...the Aztec and Egypt secret missions have some of the best. (Tempting to post the YTs here, but there's another thread for that.)

I had a friend named Bud, he had the best setup for goldeneye.  He had 2 separate Nintendo's/tv's linked and we'd have 2v2 tournaments.  I think we always played in the temple map?  And the only rule was nobody was allowed to use Oddjob.  I remember it was basically a weekend party with lots of beer/weed, but the focus was goldeneye.  

• Like 3

Elden Ring update: Stumbled through Leyndell and got roughed up by Godfrey at the end, so went and beat Volcano Manor (Rykard was pretty easy), all of Nokstella, and most of Lake of Rot. Still haven't beat Siofra Aqueducts, but going to try to beat Godfrey again, then see if I can beat the Siofra Aqueducts and Lake of Rot bosses.

• Like 1

On 2/7/2023 at 11:53 AM, onecaseman said:

Elden Ring update: Stumbled through Leyndell and got roughed up by Godfrey at the end, so went and beat Volcano Manor (Rykard was pretty easy), all of Nokstella, and most of Lake of Rot. Still haven't beat Siofra Aqueducts, but going to try to beat Godfrey again, then see if I can beat the Siofra Aqueducts and Lake of Rot bosses.

Fucked up all those bosses and Morgott by upgrading my summons. I now feel very OP again.

19 hours ago, YEK said:

It might sound silly but I wish they would have included Mario Land 1 with the GB. 

That you can’t download these games a la carte is stupid. Guess it’s a good reason to keep the Wii U around.

Today is my first time ever playing a Dead Space game. Decided to try out the remake, into which I've put in about an hour & a half so far. Running better than I expected on my RTX 2070 I've had for three years now. Guess there's no need to fix it if it ain't broke.
Already got the level 2 suit upgrade since I saved up enough credits along the way. It's nice to be able to move and aim at the same time too without any accuracy penalty. And I guess the same strategy in fighting monsters applies in this game as the Ghost People from Dead Money DLC in Fallout: New Vegas; dismember the fuck outta them so they don't get back up.

There's been a recent update to the System Shock remake demo as well. Looks like Nightdive added an in-game economy, a new melee weapon, and a new enemy type. The full game is supposed to be finally released next month. This demo still isn't enough to scratch that itch. I can't put into words how badly I want to play it once it's officially launched. The TTLG original was one of my favorite PC games of all time when I was growing up - that's why this remake is so dear to me.

Guess I'll continue on with the new Dead Space in the meantime. The new System Shock makes me wanna play Prey 2017 again though, since the gameplay is so similar.

Almost launch time for Atomic Heart as well. And I just happen to have a soft spot for robot dames.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Enthusiast said:

Metroid Prime Remastered. It's really good, looks great and plays much nicer with the dual sticks. God I love Metroid.

Is it much harder than 2d metroids?

4 hours ago, YEK said:

Is it much harder than 2d metroids?

I don't think so. This is my first time playing it, I didn't own a Gamecube and didn't play Trilogy on the Wii, so can't say how tough it gets. It certainly is a 3d Metroid experience with all the backtracking and upgrading to access new areas that the games are known for.

• Like 1

Just now, Enthusiast said:

I don't think so. This is my first time playing it, I didn't own a Gamecube and didn't play Trilogy on the Wii, so can't say how tough it gets. It certainly is a 3d Metroid experience with all the backtracking and upgrading to access new areas that the games are known for.

I bought it as well. Its really great and more like a puzzle game with guns 

• Like 2