IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

7 minutes ago, o00o said:

I tired to get into  dead cells so many times over the years but last night with the castlevania update I finally got it. You just have to play it for 1-2 hours while ignoring the repetition and once you really get into the loop it gets better and better. Kinda similar to playing Diablo 

Yup. Also, you can lower the difficulty the first view runs to get the hang of it.

Finally: don’t take the shield. It’s much easier with bow and sword.

I am now addicted 

Edited by Limo
  • Like 1

Metroid Fusion has been added to the GBA emulator of Nintendo Switch Online. Finally playing my favorite game again after years (I traded my cartridge with a friend in school :facepalm:).

Surprisingly, I still remember most of the path. Hope I will finish the game before the 2 hours mark !

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Limo said:

Yup. Also, you can lower the difficulty the first view runs to get the hang of it.

I am now addicted 

certain bows (e.g. sonic carbine) + leaning heavily into tactics with mutations and support powers will help you steamroll anything even at higher difficulties.

the new DLC is lovely, really enjoying it.

• Like 2

Just now, Stock said:

Metroid Fusion has been added to the GBA emulator of Nintendo Switch Online. Finally playing my favorite game again after years (I traded my cartridge with a friend in school :facepalm:).

Surprisingly, I still remember most of the path. Hope I will finish the game before the 2 hours mark !

Metroid Fusion is available on Switch now? Fuck yeah.

Haven't used my Switch in a while, but hopefully they add Zero Mission also at some point, if they haven't already.

Yeah as of right now you can play NES Metroid, Samus Returns on GameBoy emulator, Super Metroid on SNES emulator. Those are available from the basic online program, and if you go the extra mile with the "expansion pack" you can play Fusion on the GBA emulator. Zero Mission has not been announced yet but it would be a shame if they didn't add it !!

Anyway, you can now play every single 2D episode of Metroid on the same device which is quite cool imo ?

• Like 1

Also jumped on Dead Cells when I realized it was on PS Plus for free. Promptly purchased the Castlevania DLC (actually was never a fan of the game because I never owned any copies. My fandom is thanks to the animated Netflix series which was phenomenal). Loving the game but damn it’s hard. First Hades (can’t wait for the sequel!) and now this. I’m a believer in rougelites.

Also, got the psvr2 and picked up a copy of GT7. Haven’t enjoyed sim racing probably since GT1. Now I’m preparing to buy a wheel, pedals, stand, etc. So fun. But please give me a new wipeout, burnout or twisted metal though.

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, Hail Sagan said:

Loving the game but damn it’s hard.

a new "assist mode" feature was introduced relatively recently in the game's history (it's been constantly updated since its inception) which might make life easier for you while you learn the game. you can reduce enemy health, enemy damage, etc. I'm using it without shame, I've experienced pretty much all of the game's content by this point and just want an easier time nabbing achievements.

• Like 1

played factorio with a friend over the weekend in coop mode  and the 2 player mode is  more fun than expected. its not so much interactive as everyone builds their stuff and you coordinate from time to time but its really cool to see everything grow or fight the aliens in a group 

17 hours ago, usagi said:

a new "assist mode" feature was introduced relatively recently in the game's history (it's been constantly updated since its inception) which might make life easier for you while you learn the game. you can reduce enemy health, enemy damage, etc. I'm using it without shame, I've experienced pretty much all of the game's content by this point and just want an easier time nabbing achievements.

Thanks man. I have it on whatever the default mode is (normal I’m assuming). I beat the base boss for the first time last night but it felt kinda cheap ngl. I lucked out and had a S-tier Scythe which was way broken imo. I also got some gold pick me ups and had a max level leg hugger etc. I may have rolled out of the way a few times but for the most part I just obliterated the hand of the king when I got there. Now I have the option to adjust difficulty but I feel good where I’m at.

Beautiful game though, and great music as well. Did you get to the room in Draculas Castle where you can watch the ghosts waltz? I just chilled and listened to that song for like 2 minutes straight ? Now I’m forging ahead into all the DLC I picked up. Current roadblock is the Lighthouse. Credit roll was pretty clowning.

• Like 1

On 3/14/2023 at 1:37 AM, Hail Sagan said:

Thanks man. I have it on whatever the default mode is (normal I’m assuming). I beat the base boss for the first time last night but it felt kinda cheap ngl. I lucked out and had a S-tier Scythe which was way broken imo. I also got some gold pick me ups and had a max level leg hugger etc. I may have rolled out of the way a few times but for the most part I just obliterated the hand of the king when I got there. Now I have the option to adjust difficulty but I feel good where I’m at.

Beautiful game though, and great music as well. Did you get to the room in Draculas Castle where you can watch the ghosts waltz? I just chilled and listened to that song for like 2 minutes straight ? Now I’m forging ahead into all the DLC I picked up. Current roadblock is the Lighthouse. Credit roll was pretty clowning.

The easter eggs are so cool. Today I got a cat companion that followed me everywhere and started attacking everyone it crossed path. It’s now pretty high on my favorite game list next to factorio and Celeste 

On 3/14/2023 at 11:37 AM, Hail Sagan said:

it felt kinda cheap ngl. I lucked out and had a S-tier Scythe

lol this is part of the game. you can put cells towards increasing the probability of getting S-tier weapons in every drop, pretty much all the way to 100% with some grinding. it's kind of essential for higher level difficulties.

On 3/14/2023 at 11:37 AM, Hail Sagan said:

Did you get to the room in Draculas Castle where you can watch the ghosts waltz?

yeah I did. I also played the secret/not-so-secret Richter mode which was pretty cool. also you can get an Alucard outfit which basically turns you into Alucard, the next time you fight Dracula he recognises you as such.

• Like 1

I'm impressed by the SNES emulation on this Wii.  It's been a few years since my actual SNES worked, but Snes9x on the Wii with the Trinitron I found on the sidewalk last month is just about indistingushable from the real thing (I say "just about" because there must be differences since it's not the most accurate emulator in the world, but I haven't noticed them yet). I guss when you get rid of USB controller latency and display latency, on top of whatever else a multitasking OS adds, the actual emulation latency is irrelevant.  It feels completely natural, which I've never managed to get on any PC emulator, even for 8 bit games. EDIT: I played through the first three levels of Ninja Gaiden, since I know that game really well, and the NES emulation is very good, too.  The sound isn't quite right (it never is) but visually it's perfect and as far as I could tell it plays jsut about the same.  It might have been just a tiny bit less responsive but I can't really tell until I get a proper controller instead of the wiimote.  Even as it is now, though, it's more than close enough.

Between that and fairly easy access to something like 2000 titles between the Wii and Gamecube libraries, it's the best $50 I've spent in quite a while and I definitely recommend it!

I've already got a pair of sketchy Gamecube controllers that were on eBay with no description for less than the usual cost of a single one in the mail, but so far it works well enough I might go all in and get a hard drive, second Wiimote, and a pro controller or two over the next couple months whenever I can spare a little money.

So I guess right now I'm playing Super Mario Galaxy.

Edited by TubularCorporation
  • Like 1

started Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice. fuck me this game is good-looking. and it was released in 2017. gameplay's basic but I don't even care.

• Like 1

Yakuza like a dragon. Love it right from the start. I'll take this over any open world rpg tbf. Just like i love persona 5 but I can't get past that fucking boss with the lame ass robots 

7 minutes ago, Berk said:

Anyone if it's worth it to upgrade to anniversary edition for Skyrim on ps5?

It runs at 60fps in 4K I believe and google says they threw in 73 free mods and shit from that Bethesda Creation Club marketplace.

On 3/12/2023 at 8:31 AM, Limo said:

I am now addicted 

i can recommend taking shields into the backpack in combination with armadillopack mutation, rolling and parrying at the same time works really well imo.

also serenade.