IGNORED

What Video Games Are You Currently Playing

Joyrex

13 hours ago, Berk said:

Anyone if it's worth it to upgrade to anniversary edition for Skyrim on ps5?

Are you on about buying it? It’s free for PS Plus Extra subscribers so you could get it included in there and some extra games if that suited you. You don’t get to keep the Extra games but can play them as long as they are included in the subscription.

as Milk says it’s 4K and 60fps so runs smoothly but there is no doubt you are playing an old game. It’s not a remake like demon souls etc.

I like Skyrim and wouldn’t have paid again for it had I not got it free.

• Like 1

I’m just about to finish Hogwarts Legacy and it seems no one else here has bothered…. No mentions anyway or is that because of, you know, other things???

Is posting about banned?

anyway, it’s a really good game and is the first game my girlfriend’s took an interest in, mainly because of the beast care stuff you can do with the vivariums. Having previously disregarded gaming as something I do she now understands the enjoyment you get from it.

fwiw I hated the Potter films but liked the look etc - the game has the look so I was interested in looking around the world created. Very good.

10 minutes ago, milkface said:

Not played CSGO in about 6 years and CSS in about 3 but I'm still kinda excited to see Counterstrike is still alive and well ?

Seeing someone shoot through the smoke is pretty nuts. Never played CS but I might just give it a try when this comes out. Half Life 3 on this engine when? :catsalute:

• Like 1

couple of hours into Sekiro. it's kicking my ass but when you get it right, it's so satisfying. the clang of steel haunts my dreams.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, usagi said:

couple of hours into Sekiro. it's kicking my ass but when you get it right, it's so satisfying. the clang of steel haunts my dreams.

Godspeed my friend. It's a really cool game but lord is it challenging. Definitely gained some gray hairs on bosses like Owl Father and Isshin.

When it clicks you feel like a total badass though. When you hit Genichiro, he's basically a test for if you're ready for the rest of the game. He teaches you how to actually play the game correctly.

Keep us posted!

3 minutes ago, logakght said:

Kingdom Come: Deliverance in Extreme Mode.

That sounds horrific, I can't even make it past the guards playing as that girl with the dog

Thanks for the replies about Skyrim guys. I already have the ps5 legendary edition, but was wondering if the AE content is worth it. I think you can get it for 10 euros or something so might as well check it out 

Edited by Berk

8 minutes ago, six said:

Godspeed my friend. It's a really cool game but lord is it challenging. Definitely gained some gray hairs on bosses like Owl Father and Isshin.

When it clicks you feel like a total badass though. When you hit Genichiro, he's basically a test for if you're ready for the rest of the game. He teaches you how to actually play the game correctly.

Keep us posted!

yeah, I went into it knowing it is consistently ranked as the hardest From game. definitely helps that I'm playing with a controller not kb+m cos deflecting would be impossible and it's so essential. so far I'm still mucking around in the starting area and learning my chops. the world is so pretty and vibey.

8 minutes ago, Berk said:

That sounds horrific, I can't even make it past the guards playing as that girl with the dog

Thanks for the replies about Skyrim guys. I already have the ps5 legendary edition, but was wondering if the AE content is worth it. I think you can get it for 10 euros or something so might as well check it out 

Yeah. My first time some years ago was horrible and hated the game, but once you pass the intro/tutorial (which lasts hours) and get a hang around on how to get money and such, it becomes beautiful.

Reminder: 3DS / Wii U eShop ceases operations on Monday, so if you have any unused credits, use it soon. You should still be able to re-download games and DLC, and do updates “for the foreseeable future”.

On 3/23/2023 at 9:25 AM, usagi said:

yeah, I went into it knowing it is consistently ranked as the hardest From game. definitely helps that I'm playing with a controller not kb+m cos deflecting would be impossible and it's so essential. so far I'm still mucking around in the starting area and learning my chops. the world is so pretty and vibey.

i'd only made it about 1/4 of the way into Sekiro. i just couldn't get over that next hump playing it as casually as i did (picking up once every few weeks or whatever). i set it down a year ago, i imagine i'd have to start over from the beginning at this point.

world is great tho yeah, wish i could've stuck through it...i'd gotten pretty solid at Bloodborne back in the day so i'm not a total noob but Sekiro is a whole other level.

5 hours ago, auxien said:

i'd only made it about 1/4 of the way into Sekiro. i just couldn't get over that next hump playing it as casually as i did (picking up once every few weeks or whatever). i set it down a year ago, i imagine i'd have to start over from the beginning at this point.

world is great tho yeah, wish i could've stuck through it...i'd gotten pretty solid at Bloodborne back in the day so i'm not a total noob but Sekiro is a whole other level.

how far is 1/4? I've only just beaten Gyoubu.

8 hours ago, usagi said:

how far is 1/4? I've only just beaten Gyoubu.

had to go look up the list on the wiki...

i'd made it through Genchiro Ashini and done some sub-bosses in other areas (Sunken Valley, Senpou Temple) and dipped my toes into Ashina Depths at least, maybe another area? ....i'm assuming that's about 1/4 way through, at least boss-wise according the wiki, that's about right. looks like you're half as far as i'd got give or take....Gyoubu was fun, def took me a few tries tho. Lady Butterfly was a little more difficult than she should've been for me, i think she was a big hint that i wasn't playing Sekiro how Sekiro wanted me to play it, but i got through that fight and enjoyed it once i figured out the right way to approach her. Genchiro Ashini was a big push to make the fight work, made it start to not be enjoyable tho. that was the point for me that i realized i could do the actions, but it was SO tight and so exacting that it wasn't really fun to be playing at that level...at least for me at that time. 

world building stuff and story was cool, i could see it was going in some weirder directions and was getting pretty interesting. 

the areas i was in around then were really kicking my ass, was hard to enjoy...was definitely part of the reason i didn't feel like pushing through. would like to come back to it at some point tho

Edited by auxien

15 hours ago, o00o said:

If they can restrain themselves from flooding Diablo 4 with lootboxes all over the place its going to be really good

Did you try the beta ? I'm tempted to buy it but barely touched Diablo 3, and bought the Diablo 2 remaster full price without even playing it :facepalm:

6 hours ago, Stock said:

Did you try the beta ? I'm tempted to buy it but barely touched Diablo 3, and bought the Diablo 2 remaster full price without even playing it :facepalm:

Definitely try Diablo 3 if you ever get the chance. I still boot it up often to play as it has a ridiculous amount of content.

I started Norco. I don't normally like point and click, but it's so interesting having a setting in a video game that features so many areas and slang from my childhood (I'm from New Orleans).

I also bought the Resident Evil 4 remake.

• Like 1

Finally got around to the new RE4. Just completed Chapter 1.

Pretty impressed with what Capcom's done so far. Feels like they went for a darker tone in the remake. Controls are smoother too, and the enemies move and behave more natural-like and fluid. I appreciate the fact that you can perform stealth takedowns now as well. And there's some new surprises thrown in, including a new enemy type in the farm area with the blue medallions.

And I couldn't help but clap at the iconic church bell scene, along with Leon repeating the original "bingo" line.

On 3/26/2023 at 3:42 PM, Stock said:

yeah animations looks extremely smooth and fluid and the addiction is right back. landscapes also look really beautiful with all the reflections  

its much darker than III and the gameplay loop was right back again without holding it back by unnecessary buildups 

I also really like the small details of grass leaves moving in the wind interacting with the player or leaving footsteps in the mud or snow 

Edited by o00o

Played the Diablo 4 open beta during the weekend.

Positives:
• It's quite addicting. I could play for hours non-stop enjoying the game.
• The game looks great. Graphical fidelity, performance, art style and atmosphere are all superb.
• Sound effects and main narration was very good.
• Lots of options in the menus, so you can play just like you want to play.
• It's fun to easily and freely try out different skills / builds.
• There's tons of loot. And it's fun to check what gear might work good together in combination with your skills.
• Freeing castles/outposts in the open-world was really fun.
• Tougher random elites in dungeons are fun. Give good loot.
• Random open-world events are fun.
• Big open-world events with other players are ok. Very good loot though.
• A few nice story cinematics.
• No hard crashes. Very few bugs. High quality.

Negatives:
• Main story and side stories felt kinda predictable / bland. I wish it was a bit more interesting / thought-provoking.
• Most of the narrative is shown from a non-interactive top-down perspective. I wish it was all more engaging / dramatic.
• It's very easy. I played on veteran. Only 1 boss -for which I was under-leveled- felt challenging. Butcher too.
• The music was meh. And not very memorable. Playing without the in-game music was better.
• Some classes felt extremely powerful, while others felt very weak or even tedious. Needs some balancing for sure.
• Gameplay is nothing revolutionary. Just what you can expect from a hack-and-slash action-RPG.
• Dungeons can feel very copy-paste. A bit dull.
• Often it felt like you can just play on auto-pilot a bit too much.
• Rubber-banding / stuttering / hitching in cities with other players.
• I want the option to play offline.

I had fun during this beta, but I seem to no longer really like the game genre all that much any more.

Diablo-4-Open-beta-Sorcerer-Screenshot-3

Diablo-4-Open-beta-Sorcerer-Screenshot-5

Diablo-4-Open-beta-Sorcerer-Screenshot-7

Diablo-4-Open-beta-Sorcerer-Screenshot-8

Diablo-4-Open-beta-Sorcerer-Screenshot-1

• Like 2