IGNORED

Bootleg BOC track remixed by Machinedrum

Tauhid

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great work! The next best thing to actually hearing the track in full quality. I especially like how MD integrates the audience sounds as though they are a part of the actual track. This is one of my favorite BoC tracks as well, along with Spiro from the Lighthouse set. Someone should recreate that one, I've thought about doing it occasionally.

You know, I've always thought (since I've listened to this bootleg hundreds of times over the years) that the audience member who says at the very end "What a treat!" was right on the money. He's someone who properly appreciated what he was experiencing there: in so many of the other live recordings, there are people talking about mundane things. I can just hear the big smile on that guy's face. But I feel that way with this reconstruction. What a treat--thanks machinedrum, whoever you are.

I especially like how MD integrates the audience sounds as though they are a part of the actual track.

this is the part that makes no sense to me. Wouldn't the only reason to re-create the track be to remove the annoying chatter?

I especially like how MD integrates the audience sounds as though they are a part of the actual track.

this is the part that makes no sense to me. Wouldn't the only reason to re-create the track be to remove the annoying chatter?

to me it sounds like the same chatter as the original. i think md just kinda polished up the track. not really a remake.

Normally I'd agree, but BoC's music from this era had lots of incidental chatter back-masked into the tracks themselves as well; so even though we know it's the audience it still works in a sense. If it were me I would've removed the Samsung ringer and voicemail sound that happens about a third of the way in; was surprised to hear he'd left it.

to me it sounds like he's added some beats, and that snare drum which makes it sound a tad 'dub steppy'.

so it's a bit like sounds like a remix/additional production by md... slung back in time and played by BoC, live, 13 years ago.

I might be wrong, though, I haven't actually listened to the original live track in some time. :)

It's a very fine-tuned redux; the drums just sound 'reinforced' to me; as though MD picked his samples VERY carefully to match the existing drums and gave a little liveliness to the high end and some depth and definition to the low end (without losing that live recording feel). Also sounds like he carefully reinforced some of the melodies in there as well and made their respective stereo field more defined.

this is frustrating the piss out of me, I'd like to hear his version without the original source sounds in.. cause as of now it sounds like he barely did anything. I also got excited at the title implicating an actual remix but o/well

this is frustrating the piss out of me, I'd like to hear his version without the original source sounds in.. cause as of now it sounds like he barely did anything. I also got excited at the title implicating an actual remix but o/well

Er, did you try comparing the original file to this update with an at least decent pair of headphones? Night and day.

Er, did you try comparing the original file to this update with an at least decent pair of headphones? Night and day.

not yet, will do cause this is one of my favorite boc tracks and am dissapointed i am dissapointed

Archived