IGNORED

Aphex Twin @ Bangface

phudoshin

i wonder how many pounds tricky dick got paid for that gig$$$$$$

A source of mine who was involved with the gigs told me the *supposed number and it is very very large.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

red light and lethal chemistry are vicious tunes!

good job sourcing them guys.

but seriously does anyone else find it ironic/awesome that he is playing 17 year old amen tear outs and not giving an inch to the dubstep newness [shite]?

Well there was a decent nod to some dubstep tunes the first night most of the second night was more retro than I expected. Everything he played seem to merge very well with the rest of the weekends musical theme. Even being around my caravan and listening to all the people playing music it was less dubstep than anything else, but even the dubstep stuff wasn't too wanky.

Is no-one else bored of this shit? Amen breaks and acid lines. Wow, does he realise it's 2012 and not 1992? Why doesn't he live in reality for a bit?

Is no-one else bored of this shit? Amen breaks and acid lines. Wow, does he realise it's 2012 and not 1992? Why doesn't he live in reality for a bit?

what would you wnat him to do? dubstep and wonky? progrock? guy plays what he likes. i'm not big on his sets but asking him 'to live in a reality fr a bit' because it's '2012 and not 1992' is ridiculous.

bahahahahahahahahah, what a troller? I suppose you're just looking from the side wankishly at youtube videos thinking you know what it's like to be there and experience it. Go drink your milk son, that set was the bomb.

some years ago a guy who shouted "louder, faster, harder" during Richards DJset was forcefully crowd-surfed out of the audience by the people next to him. I liked his surprised facial expression as he was lifted into the air and away from the show

Pretty much the only excitement one can have from AFX's creative output these days is the slim chance we get a new track in crappy camcorder audio quality. That's not to say his DJ sets are lame, infact I really appreciate his throwback electronic music sets because often I don't know of the artist/tracks... but for those who live too far from Europe this is indeed boring shit (compared to his 90s-early 00s output at least).

If the money / promotion goes into new releases I am ok with it. I am pretty sure the analords didn't sell like he expected so he decided to go termonuclear on promotion for the next decade. This leads to a possible release date of 2015

I am very sure its not as easy as 20 years ago to sell records (Fat Boy Slim, Jamie Lidell and others confirmed this in multiple interviews) even if you have been famous back in the days. So he just stopped doing it at least until the hype is strong enough to do it again. We do not count in the equation as we are the die hard fanbase. Its the casual music consumer with good taste that matters (also known as the average festival goer).

I am also sure The Tuss was a test of how well the classic aphex style sells without risking his good brand name for it.

As we see with bangface, the classical concerts etc. the plan worked out perfectly. I am really happy to see everything working out like it does. Now with the reissues of old releases and soon there will be a new release.

some years ago a guy who shouted "louder, faster, harder" during Richards DJset was forcefully crowd-surfed out of the audience by the people next to him. I liked his surprised facial expression as he was lifted into the air and away from the show

fuckin lol

his fan base is collector based like …..joyrex and many others for instance.

these folks wil buy "hard copy" no matter what.

whatever he releases on vinyl will be sold and become valuable beyond the original SRP.

lol at people worried about aphex' career and record sales.

Guest cult fiction

Hi Richard.

seriously, how any albums would sell? maybe 20k copies? the rest pirated? 20k or even 80k copies aint shit when you factor in the cost to the label. someone said he needs to release music to fuel his fame to keep the punters coming to shows. that might be a better argument

I had to leave just before the end of his set. The room was too hot and I hadn't ingested enough pick-me-ups. The set was good but nothing that I haven't seen before.

I wish he'd play a full on live set with all of his best material. It'll never happen.

What did you think he was gonna do? It's bangface and he was closing... It was no place for a metz style/chilled vibe.

Course he was going to smash it. Ps I think the bangface crowd is the closest thing England has to juggalos.

Archived