IGNORED

Aphex Twin @ Bangface

phudoshin

Won't be long before a generation has never heard of him and he won't command anything for a live set. Then he will rely on us again to buy whatever he shits out in a panic.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lot of people these days, who grew up after music sales/labels died, make music and release it for free. If his sole reason to release music is for profit and not for inspiring others than that's definitely disappointing to me. If everyone had that attitude where music/art isn't shared unless proved profitable, it'd be especially dull/boring.

132123_499302926749580_1136324082_o.jpgDELIVER!!!!!

What tha hell is this ?

The entire amount of footage of Aphex Twins gig I'm assuming... considering cameras were recording the whole thing ^_^ (which means we could be treated to a handout.... who knows...)

Holy shit O_o

Completely destroyed me, the stage screens, lighting rig and lasers were unreal. His gear stopped working for about 15 minutes which was a bit worrying as they had real problems getting it working again

One possible new tune played, one Drukqs cut and Sci Fi remix

Was mostly stuff like this, stomping acid/techno

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rc3zLUm1dUY

... Can you or anyone else on here describe what this "possible new" afx track sounded like? Also, what druqks track was it?

Thanks!

Lots of little things here and there , the start of the gig when the curtains actually came apart was awesome..... I do remember that Sci Fi Staircase remix sounding slightly different as well :) was playing it a little slower.

What did you think he was gonna do? It's bangface and he was closing... It was no place for a metz style/chilled vibe.

Course he was going to smash it. Ps I think the bangface crowd is the closest thing England has to juggalos.

he has enough of his own material to smash a bangface weekender! i'm not complaining or anything, i paid the money to go and see him again, and it wasn't a let down at all.

i just wish one day i could see him play a set full of his stuff, that's all.

i just read a bit of a 97 interview and rich was threatening to never release anything ever again back then. hes never liked releasing music. fucking sucks for us. Im sorry, lots of great music out there, but nothing like aphex. its a shame. but i guess with his attitude we should be lucky he ever released anything

I do remember that Sci Fi Staircase remix sounding slightly different as well :) was playing it a little slower.

any reason why people keep thinking that is sci fi remix cause it aint no aint.

i just wish one day i could see him play a set full of his stuff, that's all.

sounds boring. r u ?

I think his DJ sets are great.

To me, it's a good thing he gets everyone's collective attention to school them on the sounds that he finds inspiring.

A lot of that shit is so fucking good, but now also is so obscure that it could vanish forever if someone like him didn't bust it out from time to time.

I also appreciate his tastes in jungle. Anyone who would reduce it down to "amen break" is clearly an imbicile.

Archived