IGNORED

Aphex Twin @ Bangface

phudoshin

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I love the ambient break from 1:24:00 to 1:26:30 in the whipsiderry mp3 file link.

The beats don't sound obviously aphexy to my ears, but the slow, Stone In Focus-ish choral pad sounds like something that would fit on Selected Ambient Works III.

Has anyone ever heard this tune before?

so who made the track in the whipsiderry video?

I think the same song got posted recently as an .mp3, by a poster who only wrote in french. mysterious :squarepusher:

yeah, thomas stanton. and if you look at the youtube channel, this comes up

Is it just me or is there some sort of long con going on here? Maybe when Aphex passes away there will be manifesto that will be published explaining everything with which he has ever been involved.

What do we have now?

Some random user who posted a recording of a show of Aphex that inlcuded recordings of U-ziq and VS.(decent quality I might add) Then he removed the two recordings that weren't Aphex. His youtube channel has a bunch of rephlex/weird/electronic videos and also a video that seems sort of like something Aphex might shoot including a song that sounds like something Aphex would do which also happened to be the video that the link was under, but the music is supposedly this person Thomas Stanton that also has a weird synth experiment type song on the same channel. Also, the lawnmower vs grass video is very odd to me as well. I'm not familiar with a lot of editing techniques, but doesn't it look like a video recording of one of Aphex's LCD/LED screens? Possibly, he recorded a video and played it on the screen and then recorded the playing of the video? Not to mention a very nice live recording of Girl/Boy Song from 1997, and some very decent remixes...

SOON.

Then we have this. The link the video has now been changed to a cryptic message. Possibly responding to the cries for new material from several people on this thread not to mention this entire sub forum.

http://141414.net/index.shtml

Another interesting point as well is the music this profile is linked to. Does anyone know who this person is that is releasing this music? I find it highly interesting that a lot of it is to my ears using actual instruments. I mean it sounds sort of like someone fooling around with new equipment. A lot of sequenced organic instruments or superb mixing.Is it just me or is there some sort of long con going on here?

Also note Track 5 from the Heyena Girls album. Is that Richard saying, "Music" about a 5th of the way in the song?

Also the live @ stickham album which sounds like a fucked field recording...

Also, track 5 the title track from lq-Psycho Androgyny has crazy voice morphing effects on it.

Another interesting detail is that the one track with any recognizable titling is on lq-Psycho Androgyny and it has (Ceefax Seaform), and from what I can tell it is the only track that doesn't actually have any audio.

I don't know if I'm right that would be cool, but if I'm wrong oh well. Any help? Some of the music is decent so you should check it out anyway.

edit: Various Artists - Trash Fish Birthday Cake - Between Cathedrals - Spring has some nice drum programming on it. Aphexxy

Actually now that I checked his youtube page and found some amazing music.

I'm starting to think you may be right.

This sounds really familiar. Almost like Steinvord (Skrillex) collaborating with Aphex and Squarepusher

[youtubehd]tXlaYzctFP4[/youtubehd]

This sounds really familiar. Almost like Steinvord (Skrillex) collaborating with Aphex and Squarepusher

Sounds like Squarepusher to me. I think Steinvord is Squarepusher anyway or some weird collaboration. Either way I think that channel is definitely a Rephlex person or something like that.

I just realized that the "SOON." was posted before the link and the link was just removed so it could have just been referring to the link itself and not a release. Oh, well...

Yeah, I wonder who made that track. Who could it be... So strange.

I just realized that the "SOON." was posted before the link and the link was just removed so it could have just been referring to the link itself and not a release. Oh, well...

Good investigative work. I assume that sisforawesome = thomas stanton.

As for that quickshot2 track, the guy who made it has more tracks here.

Now I wonder who Jidomatix is?

I don't know. It is getting kind of annoying that you have to be a super fan to even keep up with it all. Straightforwardness is underrated.

Archived