IGNORED

We Are The Music Makers - Feed Me Weird Covers

chassis

Finally!

Its here. The album you've all been waiting for, more eagerly awaited than Boards of Canada, more sought after than Aphex Twin, WATMM covers Squarepusher. Congrats to all involved, this is a wicked compilation of tracks.

DOWNLOAD HERE, in WAV.

Tracklist:

1. Zephyr Nova - Rotate Electrolyte 05:24
2. Hermann - Squarepusher Theme 06:39
3. YIkES! - I Wish You Could Talk 03:06
4. Stocko - Rebus 03:15
5. The Kimmy Gibblers - My Sound 03:48
6. Hefty Carriage - Unknown (Inspired track) 05:08
7. Swegüno - I Wish You Could Talk (Reinterpreted) 05:47
8. Acidburp - Unreleased 03:50

u0ire.png

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just finished my first listen; the Zephyr Nova track manages to warp the original into some sort of Tim Burtonesque beautiful nightmare whilst recreating that complex bassline note for note! Also a big fan of Hermann's Squarepusher Theme cover; a cool liveish rendition. And I just love this cover of the Unreleased Acid Track by Acidburp; this one is a true gift as we don't even have a decent soundboard recording of the original!

I just threw this up on Discogs as well; add it to your collections http://www.discogs.com/release/3886361

PLEASE post this comp around and spread the word everyone!

Guest placidburp

5 tracks in, this is amazing!! I dont know some of the songs to compare them, but they all sound fantastic up to now! Good job!!

track 6 is fucking epic!

Seriously, this is a wonderful compilation. I had some fears it might be not very SP-related (as often when it comes to covers) but this is really 100% accurate and lovingly done. Chapeau to the musicians behind it!

Let's think about some WATMM-crowd-funding to press this gem on proper black wax!

Seriously, this is a wonderful compilation. I had some fears it might be not very SP-related (as often when it comes to covers) but this is really 100% accurate and lovingly done. Chapeau to the musicians behind it!

Let's think about some WATMM-crowd-funding to press this gem on proper black wax!

That's an idea that at least 100 of my $ could get behind!

Just wanted to come in here and say that I love the part in track two (Hermann's Squarepusher Theme cover) where the music cuts out and there is a bird interlude; wonderful!

Really, all the tracks on this comp are top notch. Being the sp fanboy I am, I was initially quite suspicious this would fail to meet my expectations, but I'm pleased you guys proved otherwise.

As as someone mentioned, zephyr really nailed the rotate electrolyte bassline.

edit: As a sidenote, I am really surprised that no one did a rendition of goodnight jade. I kind of wish I had done such, having already gotten the synth patch nailed in on my tx81 already. but alas ...

Indeed it was a fun job and well done to everyone :)

Thanks very much Goiter, those are very satisfying words to hear since I´ve been having doubts lately as to whether i liked my track at all any more. I guess I´d just listened to it too much ;)

I´m totally behind the idea of pushing for this album on proper sale! But unfortunately only in words, financially i absolutely nothing to give... All I could offer is maybe to submit a beer to the hard workers behind the scenes..?

I´m totally behind the idea of pushing for this album on proper sale! But unfortunately only in words, financially i absolutely nothing to give... All I could offer is maybe to submit a beer to the hard workers behind the scenes..?

So why not doing a crowd funding project? You can even talk to friends and ask if they would spend some money to make this possible.

There is even a a nice platform for this: http://www.kickstarter.com/

Archived