æight year old Autechre Album Released: Exai (WARP234)

Guest pixelives

yeah, shame, seems like it's a bit too late for a release before the end of the year.

still, exciting, and looking forward to it...

feb/march is AGES, though.

I know it's gonna be said at some point in this thread so I may as well get it out of the way... AE will now have released 3 albums, 2 EPs, two collaborative albums, a clutch of exclusive tracks and remixes in the past seven years. BoC on the other hand have only put out 1 remix and 1 unreleased track (possibly two is you count 1.5 seconds of new material a 'track') in the past 7 years.

Edit: Of course I only compare the two because they have a largely shared fanbase. I mean, if we compare AE to David Bowie; he hasn't released any new material since Heathen in 2003 (correct me if I'm wrong please).

Edited by Goiter Sanchez

bowie's officially retired, though.

I didn't know that! Sorry for my above post, it was needless. All artists should be allowed to take as much time as they need. Autechre are so consistent with their quality and release rate that it really admirable and impressive! I've no reason to believe this new album will break that mold.

one thing is for sure about this album: it will sound like autechre. and it will sound like autechre doing something new.

This is what I'm thinking as well…I don't know why but I guess it'll be groundbreaking (maybe it's the hiatus after releasing a lot of new+old tunes…) I hope Oversteps was the calm before the storm !

• mcbpete changed the title to æight year old Autechre Album Released: Exai (WARP234)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By ignatius
      out in december
      https://ra.co/news/76205
      https://detunedrecords.bandcamp.com/album/st8818r-humanoid

• By cear
      http://solidsteel.net/broadcasts/914
    • By kaini
      http://rapidshare.com/files/129145929/Solen_-_Wutechre.zip

it's a mix made of wu-tang and (mostly late-period) ae. really good so far
    • By subsub
      Just seen news of this release from VOD....🤤

RELEASE-PROGRAM VOD-RECORDS 2021 / 2022
      (SUBJECT TO CHANGE)
      LATE MARCH 2021
      VOD166: Hafler Trio / Autechre 7Lp-Box
      Lp01. æ³o / h³æ
      Lp02. æo³
      Lp03 ³hæ
      Lp04/5 5ah³eo
      Lp06/7 ha³oe
    • By splesh
      I brought up this thought in the dedicAtEd thread for Untilted but I think it is an interesting enough idea generally speaking. Here's the alternate order I came up with for their 2005 offering, Fermium is not removed because I dislike the song but because it feels like the odd one out. This is just my first attempt at this and I don't think I have a better sequence than S and R (fucking love this album the way it is as it is), but it is fun to try rejigger things a bit and see if there are some nice ways of changing the sequencing, just for fun

1. LCC
      2. The Trees
      3. Augmatic Disport
      4. Ipacial Section
      5. Iera
      6. Pro Radii
      7. Sublimit

Here's what auxien said about this new order/removing Fermium:

"hm, not sure about Fermium on its own, feels naked like that. but it is a little bit of an odd one out on the album perhaps, so i see the case there. 
      random thoughts listening to this tracklisting:
      LCC as opener and Sublimit as closer is necessary, good work on not trying to fuck with that not sure about The Trees as track 2, feels a little too close in shape to LCC Ipacial into Iera is fucking great Iera into Pro Radii works pretty well Pro Radii into Sublimit works pretty well too  overall not as offensive as i'd expected trying to tweak what's pretty close to a perfect album. may see about doing an alternate tracklist of my own"