Sign in to follow this  
Guest pixelives

7(7)/7 year old Autechre Album Released: Exai (WARP234)

i'd be down for more drones in the style of AE, just not in the style of H30 which were pretty much what all 3 collaborations amounted to

it will be a techno record and it will get a 4.5/5 star rating on residentadvisor

heard it here first

:music: for some reason it is reassuring / comforting to have at an affirmation of a future release, even if you have no idea when it will actually come.

take notes boc

one thing is for sure about this album: it will sound like autechre. and it will sound like autechre doing something new.

amen

ooooooooooooooooooooooooh yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

First the announcing of How To Destroy Angles EP and LP and now this? now i need a announcement of a new boc triple album and a new At The Drive In record and i die of excitement.^^

Edited by Rakataz

Ooh yeah!

Edited by ambermonk

bear!!!!!!!!

certainly don't want to sour the mood but my zeal for all things ae has declined a bit over the last two full-lengths and MoT. I really liked Oversteps, but at the same time, feel it's not as autechre-y as past albums. In the same way that I really liked Campfire Headphase, but found it not as Boccy as their other releases.

I'm still really looking forward to it, just not as crazily as in the past. Overall I thought MoT was really mediocre...

If I'm being totally honest, I agree with lumenprol 100%. However, I'm feeling pretty optimistic for this one, for some reason.

let's fucking have it.

certainly don't want to sour the mood but my zeal for all things ae has declined a bit over the last two full-lengths and MoT. I really liked Oversteps, but at the same time, feel it's not as autechre-y as past albums. In the same way that I really liked Campfire Headphase, but found it not as Boccy as their other releases.

I'm still really looking forward to it, just not as crazily as in the past. Overall I thought MoT was really mediocre...

but it won't sound like any of their previous albums, as has been the case with each new one. I don't believe there's any reason to think their work will decline.

yay

album title speculation time:

Leveleleven

FUCK YEAH, i'm ready to jump in the void

lol, toooo righhhhht!!!!!

quote of the day

lol, toooo righhhhht!!!!!

quote of the day

:nacmat: what's up beerwolf :beer:

Can always count on the Autechre boys to deliver, unlike some others...

Oversteps is really good but too long.

i agree. Wish they would've rethought the remainder of the album after treale. It has some highlights (I for one like krylon, though others slate it), but it doesn't have as coherent a feel as the first half. Seems like a collection of random thrown together stuff (a bit like MoT).

I don't believe there's any reason to think their work will decline.

If you ask me it has. It's still really good, but for me Quaristice was the turning point (or, arguably Untilted). Though I think Oversteps is better than either of those (sue me). The run from Tri Repetae through Draft was just incredible, for any artist. Hard not to see it as a long, sustained peak of creativity and productivity.

Anyhoo. Sorry I'll shut up. I am excite, too. I do believe they will always drop something surprisingly awesome from time to time, like the incredible live stuff...

Edited by lumpenprol

lump, please stop being a grandad

I've heard this album btw. It's lush. 9/10