IGNORED

XI year old Autechre Album Released: Exai (WARP234)

Guest pixelives

guys, guys, guys, guys, guys, guys, guys, guys, guys, guys, guys, guys, guys, guys, guys, guys!!!

first exai review!

http://www.failme.net/2013/02/polyrhythm-nation.html

interesting review. The reviewer is at least familiar with their previous work, name dropping Gantz Graf, Bine, and Gescom.

Sounds like it could be a good album...he at least likes Bladelores. He's less convincing about the rest...he says "X could be on Tri Rep" or "Y could be on Amber"...I don't find words like that encouraging.

Guest the anonymous forumite

We should have a separate thread for all the Exai reviews

T ess xi' fizzles with avant synth pads that glide over an ever-so-disjointed electro beat before disintegrating majestically in a wash of morose drone.

Avant-synth pads !

Is keyosc included on the digital release?

Of course not. Japanese bonus trax are exclusive to those editions in order to stimulate japanese people to buy it locally at higher price.

That's what I thought. Is it just music that's expensive in Japan, or is everything more expensive there?

Guest the anonymous forumite

'bladelores' takes out disc 1 on an impressive high; an emotive, epic, pixellated crescendo that just seems to get better with repeat listens. Their entire oeuvre compressed into 12 minutes of binary enlightenment.

That reviewer is making me all wet.

Guest disoriental express

that review is PRETTY GOOD. the reviewer seems to KNOW THEIR SHIT. I am now somehow even MORE ANTICIPATORY OF THIS SHIT. didn't think it WAS POSSIBLE FOR THAT TO HAPPEN.

passes back out

guys

GUYS

i've found a way how we can listen to the album (at least disc 1)!

1. listen to spl9

2. listen to tuinorizn

3. listen to only the first 30 seconds of spl9

4. imagine how the rest of the track sounds

5. listen to only the first 30 seconds of tuinorizn

6. imagine how the rest of the track sounds

7. repeat steps 4-5 with the 30sec clips from norman records

through the training with spl9 and tuinorizn, you'll have the DNA of the album encoded in your noodle.

this is called reinforcement learning

:music::ok:

Edited by Guest

guys

GUYS

i've found a way how we can listen to the album (at least disc 1)!

1. listen to spl9

2. listen to tuinorizn

3. listen to only the first 30 seconds of spl9

4. imagine how the rest of the track sounds

5. listen to only the first 30 seconds of tuinorizn

6. imagine how the rest of the track sounds

7. repeat steps 4-5 with the 30sec clips from norman records

through the training with spl9 and tuinorizn, you'll have the DNA of the album encoded in your noodle.

this is called reinforcement learning

:music::ok:

Here's to hoping the album will NOT be that formulaic.

I quite agree with the review. Pretty good album. I was surprised that Ae decided to make a 2CD. Generally they like to keep it simple.

The music is not the revolution one might have expected. It is really the accumulation of Ae styles we have seen passing over the years. You have the synth sounds of "Oversteps" which are now thrown into the beat driven aesthetic and machine funk of Tri Repetae, LP5 or Chiastic Slide. In between you get the chaos of Confield, the atomic splintering of Untilted and the buttnaked electro of Draft 7.30.

CD2 is sort of a Hip Hop record, something Ae have always been involved in - of course in a Ae manner (no Kanye West here).

I quite agree with the review. Pretty good album. I was surprised that Ae decided to make a 2CD. Generally they like to keep it simple.

The music is not the revolution one might have expected. It is really the accumulation of Ae styles we have seen passing over the years. You have the synth sounds of "Oversteps" which are now thrown into the beat driven aesthetic and machine funk of Tri Repetae, LP5 or Chiastic Slide. In between you get the chaos of Confield, the atomic splintering of Untilted and the buttnaked electro of Draft 7.30.

CD2 is sort of a Hip Hop record, something Ae have always been involved in - of course in a Ae manner (no Kanye West here).

see? my reinforcement learning method works.

:biggrin: Yeah, it even gave me the power to materialise a promo package into my mail box. Thank you phling.