IGNORED

XI year old Autechre Album Released: Exai (WARP234)

Guest pixelives

I'm kinda surprised gl0tch isn't the top poster in this thread.

how do you get to such stats? i believe i've accidentally clicked through to something along these lines once, but it looks like i'm getting too old for this shit.

Just go to the main page and click on the number of replies the thread has

you always hear people say in ae reviews "track x sounds like tri repetae", "track y" sounds like lp5. But they're always wrong, just grasping at straws trying to find something to compare the next evolution in sound to. For example, lots of people compared oversteps to amber when it came out, a clearly thoroughly misguided comparison.

Sure, it is always a lousy support to describe an Ae album. But is the best one can use to get an idea of the sound. Because there are no other comparisons possible. Otherwise, it would be like: The new Ae album sounds like dfdfsaddflcv dfdsfchcv skghjpuroer krkkkkkkxxxkxxkkkrrrrrrrrr boom.

And I didn't really want to compare the new album in the way that it actually sounds like the others. I think - like all Ae albums so far - Exai has something from all the past releases Ae have done, melted and reformed to a new form. Ae has always been about progress and process.

You can still hear the source and reminders but nonetheless, Exai is new and a f***ing great whirlwind in my ears.

Bertolt Brechtakt

Pleased to Meet you.

Sorry gl0tch, but I can't send you the promo cd. It's f**** watermarked and Warp would strip me off my IDM honours if I leak it.

Do you know how it's watermarked? We had few ideas but we're not sure... You could send it to us so we could analyze it. :emotawesomepm9:

Bertolt Brechtakt

Pleased to Meet you.

Sorry gl0tch, but I can't send you the promo cd. It's f**** watermarked and Warp would strip me off my IDM honours if I leak it.

Fair, my friend. Concern only valid if I had the desire to upload it anywhere, which I obviously I dont care to do. I just would like to achieve island privileges out here by myself in Exai land. I wish there was a way for me to put money in escrow to keep myself accountable and to my word. I'm that serious.

I also wanted to mention that these promos arent phoning home. Warp would only be able to identify a hypothetical leak if it made itself onto a file sharing site. Which is to say, leaking is not the same as sharing if the recipient doesnt upload it anywhere.

Lol gl0tch... don't think anyone is going to send it to you but I admire your persistence! Don't worry man... it'll get an early release soon.

Edited by crono3