IGNORED

XI year old Autechre Album Released: Exai (WARP234)

Guest pixelives

autechre worst band ever existed

healthy discussion brewing over at the gearslutz

Good. Now I have someone to channel my anger towards. (bitleyTM)

That guy is pretty hilarious though, especially when you listen to the track he's posted. He then complains that he should be far more popular. I can't get angry with someone who has such a low level of self awareness.

The "synths are made for house music" comment was rather hilarious.

He could know though. Because of him there's a Micro Modular.

You might need to redefine the term "respect" and learn more about who I am...

For starters I was the one inspiring Clavia to build the Micro Modular.

LOL

/sarcasm

Guest the anonymous forumite

mushroom exai mega listening session commencing in t minus 20 minutes.

I'm an exai virgin peeps! Here goes first listen!

:beer::beer: :beer:

Still waiting for the report. Some tracks might be scary on shrooms though.

bladelores evokes some kind of evolved version of perlance subrange 6-36.

"I think a lot of people, when they're constructing complex music, have this idea that for something maddeningly complex to change into something else that's maddeningly complex you've got to do it suddenly," says Sean, "But there are millions of ways you can do it, because you can have your entire track changing piece by piece as it rotates, and that's what we're into. We like things like a puzzle where it's revealing itself and changing. And you can almost follow it, because it works the same pace as your brain works. The trick is not to get it to work faster or slower, but to get it in tune with yourself. And obviously there are some people who work faster than that, and they'll hear it and think this is boring, and there are people who work slower than that, and they'll think this is too much. For us it's the right pace."

In some ways I think this aspect is missing of late, but in some tracks they still nail it.

Does anybody else feel that FLeure sounds kind of "artifacty"

I've been saying that from the get go. Someone said it was a trigger to make the listener aware of all the synthesis they're about to experience... I think it just sounds like tingy streaming audio artifacts.

Glad someone else picked up on it.

I was feeling surprisingly meh about a new Autechre album, and won't be hearing it until I can get a physical copy anyway, but now I dusted off Move Of Ten again and fuck, so stoked for this album. :emotawesomepm9:

why do you feel the need to listen to it on an physical media ? chances are it was created on a computer so audio files are its more original form. it's like waiting for some analogically recorded jazz album to appear in mp3s and ignore the original recording on a vinyl.

Edited by eugene

I was feeling surprisingly meh about a new Autechre album, and won't be hearing it until I can get a physical copy anyway, but now I dusted off Move Of Ten again and fuck, so stoked for this album. :emotawesomepm9:

why do you feel the need to listen to it on an physical media ? chances are it was created on a computer so audio files are its more original form. it's like waiting for some analogically recorded jazz album to appear in mp3s and ignore the original recording on a vinyl.

In a nutshell: I have this thing about not paying for files, and I try not to "steal" music anymore these days, that's really all it is.