IGNORED

XI year old Autechre Album Released: Exai (WARP234)

Guest pixelives

Worst thing about Exai is when you can't stop the cum coming out of penis, or when penis flips inside of your body like a sock.

lol what....?

wait...

no what? pics or gtfo! :emotawesomepm9:

sorry old ref

The album is out and WE are the ones who are leaking.

If you catch my drift.

and i'm not even trolling for usagi's sake, i really was quite disappointed with this album.........

it's like an extension of move of ten........ more jams...... man......

I was skeptical about this one before it came out... Autechre seemed to be losing some quality control over the last five or so years. Oversteps was awesome, but Quaristice was subpar and Move of Ten is arguably their weakest release. A 2 hour album sounded like another Quaristice-style experiment destined for failure.

Having said that, this album completely surprised me. It has a very Gescom-y vibe in spots, especially on recks on, cloudline (which seems to use samples off of Skull Snap) and deco Loc (is that cut-up voice just before 4:00 saying "Gescom"?). bladelores and YJY UX are two of their best tracks ever.

I'm really looking forward to giving this one lots of repeat listens.

decided imo its the best ae album yet

no comparison

simply because of the length and fucking lush quality

if draft or untilted or confield were this long though with such a high percentage of good to less good tracks i'd say theyre better tho

but total amount of time of fucking amazing lushness in exai > all other ae

omfg

Oh yes! After working on my assignments all day, I just found out about the new 2 hour release from my favourite music act. Hella yes! If that's my valentine's day, I'll take it!

It's taking forever to download but oh well., I'll try and have an initial listen or two before looking at this thread.

(I was working 12 hour shifts over the weekend, only found out now).

Here to share more ill-informed opinions. :-)

Was blown away by parts of the album, but still finding it pretty 'straight'. I've just realised what it is! It's the drum sounds, as opposed to the beat patterns themselves. LP5 (or even Chiastic Slide) to Draft (excluding exceptions like V-Proc's straight hip hop beat that comes in) had really alien, machinic percussion sounds. Not straight drum machine hits or things sampled from a drum kit. Draft did my head in with its cyber/robotic/organic/metallic/wooden drum splatterings. 'EP7' and 'Confield' especially hardly has a single overtly recognisable kick or snare sample. Even Oversteps used pretty alien and FM-ey sources to do most of the rhythmic parts. Whereas the new one has a bunch of straight forward, recognisable electronic (or even blatantly sampled acoustic) drum hits. That's why why I love deco Loc so much. Such a cool beat with such a weird high pitched, squelchy drum world. Tracks 1-3 are also so special. Whereas the others have footwork using hits I've heard in other records.

Edited by Lianne

Anyone else thinking that the bit where the sound briefly cuts out 0:48 was one of their machines playing up, so they hit stop leaving the reverb trail but it sounded good so they included it in the final track ?