IGNORED

XI year old Autechre Album Released: Exai (WARP234)

Guest pixelives

Just want to chime in and say there seems to be a lot of dislike for runrepik... If it's your least favorite, you're kind of a dick.

You'll proclaim it among your favorites next week, at which point you will be correct.

<3

Edit: What a treat of an album :)

Well you're a dick for proclaiming me/others as dicks without any reason to link feelings towards runrepik and dickishness.

Has runrepik fed some hungry kittens I don't know about? Did runrepik donate its proceeds to cancer victims? Did I miss the press release about runrepik's sick mother?

If so perhaps speaking ill of runrepik made me a dick

... But til that time...

Just want to chime in and say there seems to be a lot of dislike for runrepik... If it's your least favorite, you're kind of a dick.

You'll proclaim it among your favorites next week, at which point you will be correct.

<3

Well you're a dick for proclaiming me/others as dicks without any reason to link feelings towards runrepik and dickishness.

Has runrepik fed some hungry kittens I don't know about? Did runrepik donate its proceeds to cancer victims? Did I miss the press release about runrepik's sick mother?

... But til that time...

You are correct. I am a runrepdick for expressing my emotions toward the victims of cancer proceeds. I will release Dick's sick mother to the time when, perhaps, we, and others, will all be speaking of our link to the reason for dick. Amen.

<3

... But til that time...

You are correct. I am a runrepdick for expressing my emotions toward the victims of cancer proceeds. I will release Dick's sick mother to the time when, perhaps, we, and others, will all be speaking of our link to the reason for dick. Amen.

Edit:

We R Are Why. Are Y Are We?

Guest pixelives

at first i hated that one synth line that comes halfway through runrepik, now i kind of like it. It sounds like a glitched out (sending poly data to a mono source) Midi to CV line going to an analog synth

That's what I like about it.

I was thinking it could also be Monomachine arp at a weird rate with sq wv pitch mod

Franciscus, on 11 Feb 2013 - 22:48, said:

anyone here let their girlfriend listen to exai yet? and what was her response?

my wife thought it was pretty good, her impressions were slightly more favorable than Untilted but she liked it less than Quaristice or Oversteps. Her favorites so far are Jatevee-C YJY UX

she actually got me more into AE than i was originally, she was a huge fan of confield when i first started dating her and i gave it another shake because it didn't do much for me at first now i'm a big fan too

Edited by Awepittance

My last GF loved Ae. :cry:

My GF left me since I was paying more attention to this thread rather than her.

I got 99 problems...

Edited by ambermonk

i'm actually quite anti 'shroom'. For all the talk i do here about being a psychnaut i've never liked mushrooms. I've had a few good experiences on them when i was about 10 years younger but i find them to be a lot less automatically fun than lsd or other tryptamines. I'm very much not a natural psychedelic hippy, i prefer to trip on pure chemicals whenever possible (besides salvia)

Edited by Awepittance

at first i hated that one synth line that comes halfway through runrepik, now i kind of like it. It sounds like a glitched out (sending poly data to a mono source) Midi to CV line going to an analog synth

That's what I like about it.

I was thinking it could also be Monomachine arp at a weird rate with sq wv pitch mod

you can hear similar sounds on oversteps tour record, 15-19 min of 01 - 29 May 2010 - JesseG remaster part 1

sounds like nord lead 2

Guest Roksen Creek

<3

I agree.

Well, maybe not the dick part.

Guest Lucy Faringold

spending a lot of time with Flep atm. Feels like watching a faster-than-light particle carve some kind of beautiful alien structure into the space around me whilst I sit in the middle in awe.

Guest bitroast

<3

I agree.

Well, maybe not the dick part.

agreement.

after seeing them live in melbourne for the oversteps tour, i've been wanting this sort of material on an album.

i am... in love... with this album.

i'm not even sure what my least favourite track is. there are a few moments where i find it hard to get into a groove. but every track has a redeeming moment or quality.

Guest Roksen Creek

I think the only one I wasn't really feeling was deco Loc. But I've changed my mind completely on that now, it's awesome. Flep maybe needs a bit more time too.

Although I find this album really good, listening on good monitors and headphones I find a lot of parts dynamically flat and really not that massive spacially, needs to be a bit fatter, rounder, more room inside of each sound, if it had that it really would be a truly amazing listen.

Guest cult fiction

Although I find this album really good, listening on good monitors and headphones I find a lot of parts dynamically flat and really not that massive spacially, needs to be a bit fatter, rounder, more room inside of each sound, if it had that it really would be a truly amazing listen.

Pro tip - don't listen to records on monitors.

It's funny; I get the opposite from listening to it on cheap Logitech 5.1 speakers. It sounds fucking massive! Edited by modey

It's funny; I get the opposite from listening to it on cheap Logitech 5.1 speakers. It sounds fucking massive!

same here, using the z5500 and really, it's massive!!! On my monitors it's kinda flat, and that's the way it should be!