IGNORED

XI year old Autechre Album Released: Exai (WARP234)

Guest pixelives

What about 30 really fucking long tracks? An album that goes for 10 hours?

lol

hours... you.. '

say.y.y.y..y

I do wonder sometimes how much threads on watmm influence the artist's output.

I've been reading the Oversteps thread during slow periods at work (seeing as that album will be 10 in less than a year's time :wtf: ) and there was a lot of talk about if the upcoming 2010 livesets will be anything like Oversteps and how neat it would be if they're more freeform and sparser on the beats.

Makes you wonder if R&S read that and said "huh, might be interesting" and then finally got around to it in 2016.

I've been reading the Oversteps thread during slow periods at work (seeing as that album will be 10 in less than a year's time :wtf: )

10 years already... it hurts !

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

It's been an Exai month for me. I can officially state that I love Exai now. So long, Quaristice, you've been a great sport.

Has the artwork of Exai been watmm officially decoded yet?

On 5/6/2019 at 2:31 PM, xox said:

^ yes. It’s a recipe for a brownie and a picture of it at the same time. Quite genius actually

a gift for the consummate. genius indeed.

21 hours ago, modey said:

Spoiler

exai.jpg.104134edc8929ba2d8c35b24a6d988bd.jpg

such in-depth visual analysis is what watmm expertise is known for. thank you for spreading knowledge and wisdom.

It's also really damn close to being the physical release date of the album in the japanese yy-mm-dd date format (in fact so close I can't help thinking it's either a mistake of the art work (needs an extra pixel in the bottom right) or was meant to be released a day earlier) :

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oKvRJqTTx7q5XD4aaqsNrfygPadTFrskEGmMZOgOEVs/edit#gid=0

It seems plausible. I always thought it might have some binary or hex matrix in there, but I'm not knowledgeable in these methods. Your field work, mcbpete?

p.s. what is the purpose of the descending byte order in top row?

That's just the usual order of bits in binary for conversion to decimal (Most significant (i.e. largest power of 2) on the left, and the smallest (2^0) on the right)

Not my field of work (cant remember what wizard here found this out), but have known about bit patterns since I was proper little (used to make little monochrome sprites on the Commodore 64 when I was about 7 or 8!)

• 1 month later...