Sign in to follow this  
Guest pixelives

7(7)/7 year old Autechre Album Released: Exai (WARP234)

Listened again recently... album of the decade anyone?

edit: on the best of thing Flep and deco Loc are honourable mentions imo always catch me off guard :music:

Edited by MIXL2

Exai is good and all but the material that came immediately before and immediately after is objectively better

Can somebody please tell me what the fuck "sixly sweet year old" in the title is supposed to mean

17 minutes ago, Stickfigger said:

Exai is good and all but the material that came immediately before and immediately after is objectively better

oversteps is nice but didn't have the extra umph that Exai brings and Elseq is contender for my least favorite project of theirs that's good but underwhelming imo (tho it's in competition for that spot with Untilted, Amber and Incunabula, but last two have a lot of good tracks)

Edited by President Squidward
  • Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

21 minutes ago, thumbass said:

Can somebody please tell me what the fuck "sixly sweet year old" in the title is supposed to mean

Just an anniversary edit of the thread title to "six-", given that the album is less than 7 years old. And also a relevant pun on "cichli suite".

1 hour ago, Roo said:

Just an anniversary edit of the thread title to "six-", given that the album is less than 7 years old. And also a relevant pun on "cichli suite".

lol allright

2 hours ago, Stickfigger said:

I need to listen to oversteps again actually didn't realize that was 2010!

2 hours ago, Roo said:

You got it in one - I'm running drastically short of puns after the five years of re-titling it though ....

1 hour ago, mcbpete said:

You got it in one - I'm running drastically short of puns after the five years of re-titling it though ....

Theme of Seven Roundabout

• Haha 1

Was thinking of going for 'seven (seven seven) year old' in reference to :

• Like 1
  • Burger 1

That’s much better

On 11/26/2019 at 10:42 AM, darreichungsform said:

1 1 is is the best Exai track and people who think bladelores is the best Exai track are the same kind of people that think tt1pd is the best NTS track (disgusting imo)

Update: finally got to NTS Session 3 some days ago. Tt1pd is good but definitely not close to my favorite track on the NTS albums