IGNORED

XI year old Autechre Album Released: Exai (WARP234)

Guest pixelives

I personally don't like any autechre other than amber, quaristice, and the odd track off of each album,

whut...don't even know how this is possible...

I don't know, most of it's just not what I like. I've listened to every album from beginning to end and don't like all of it. I like their songs that are more structured.

Different tastes in music is all, no biggie.

But if the rest of the album sounds like this spl9 then it should be a good'er.

... are the promo's actually out there already then? Guess they must be.... not that I want to hear it. It's just stupid how warp and other labels release promo's way before the actual release day, losing themselves tons of sales.

Do what hyperdub / burial just did. 2 weeks notice, generate lots of quick hype and sales. Job done.

Please everyone read the Announcement at the top of every forum index regarding posting links to leaked copyrighted material.

And just in case anyone missed that...

REMINDER: No Illegal Music Links - YOU WILL BE BANNED

Just a reminder that links to any file sharing sites, direct downloads, or information on how to get illegal copies of music (released or not) is against the Forum Rules, and going forward, anyone doing so will be banned. No exceptions. This includes Private Message requests on how to download, links, etc.

It doesn't matter if you didn't leak it yourself, or whatnot - if it's not your material you own the copyright to or the rights to distribute, you can not facilitate piracy, and you will not do it via WATMM.

And, in case anyone wants to try and be "funny" with fake links, etc. - we'll treat that the same way as if it was a legitimate link. We don't have time to go around policing everyone who thinks they're a comedian and wants to poke fun at management.

If you respect the artists whose music you love so much and admire, then at least here show them that respect by NOT facilitating piracy of their hard work, from which they want to make a living from so they can make more great music.

If you have any questions or concerns, please PM me and I'll be glad to address them.

a technical question - asked publicly because of public interest - what about links to things like the podcast from a few pages back? or the quite commonly occuring youtube clips containing unreleased copyrighted material? are these reagarded "safe"?

i'm more interested if we'll be allowed to discuss the album before the release date because anyone posting reviews/thoughts about the full album will automatically mark self as the source from which you can get the leak, thus breaking the new joyrex legislation.

i think it'll be safer to preemptively ban everyone in this thread and close it as those interested in the leak already marked themselves as potential sources.

a technical question - asked publicly because of public interest - what about links to things like the podcast from a few pages back? or the quite commonly occuring youtube clips containing unreleased copyrighted material? are these reagarded "safe"?

No - Again, the whole idea of WATMM being a "facilitator" of piracy is what we're trying to avoid here. Same goes for talk along the lines of "search YouTube for -" type posts. That's more of a gray area, since we can't obviously police YouTube (and not our responsibility), but we can certainly dissuade people from seeking out the material on YT as a way to pirate it.

i'm more interested if we'll be allowed to discuss the album before the release date because anyone posting reviews/thoughts about the full album will automatically mark self as the source from which you can get the leak, thus breaking the new joyrex legislation.

i think it'll be safer to preemptively ban everyone in this thread and close it as those interested in the leak already marked themselves as potential sources.

You're being silly - discussion about the album (whether you're an insider or you downloaded the leak) is of course fine - just don't discuss how you got it in any detail that would be helpful to others. I personally would keep the whole "how" out of the equation, and certainly share your thoughts about it, since that's what this whole site exists for and thrives on.

If anyone of their own volition privately PMs or emails you asking how you got it, that's up to you privately to decide if you want to tell them or not - however open requests for that info (or open requests to send them the info) is not allowed.

To quote Joyrex: No. And hopefully, Warp is doing something about this now.

Let's keep this all in perspective - we're all Autechre fans, we all like their music, but why encourage people to steal their hard work, and potentially take sales away from them? Could you sit down with Booth and Brown and laud their music, all the while knowing you took sales away from them by telling everyone where and how to steal their release even before it came out?

In this day in age there's really no excuse for piracy - music is cheap, and readily available to anyone with a computer and internet connection - I could justify downloading something in the past because the physical article was so hard to acquire, but these days that's gone by the wayside.

You're being silly - discussion about the album (whether you're an insider or you downloaded the leak) is of course fine - just don't discuss how you got it in any detail that would be helpful to others. I personally would keep the whole "how" out of the equation, and certainly share your thoughts about it, since that's what this whole site exists for and thrives on.

If anyone of their own volition privately PMs or emails you asking how you got it, that's up to you privately to decide if you want to tell them or not - however open requests for that info (or open requests to send them the info) is not allowed.

but if for example i post my thoughts on the full album and given my widely known attitudes towards music sharing it's like i automatically tell everyone to pm me for direct links, and i'm not alone in this.

maybe you should just ban me till march, lol.

Edited by eugene

Let's keep this all in perspective - we're all Autechre fans, we all like their music, but why encourage people to steal their hard work, and potentially take sales away from them? Could you sit down with Booth and Brown and laud their music, all the while knowing you took sales away from them by telling everyone where and how to steal their release even before it came out?

In this day in age there's really no excuse for piracy - music is cheap, and readily available to anyone with a computer and internet connection - I could justify downloading something in the past because the physical article was so hard to acquire, but these days that's gone by the wayside.

i think that many people who post in this thread will likely be buying the album anyway.. there's no proof, but i'd guess the proportion of try-before-buyers vs. pirates will be higher here than elsewhere regarding this release.

so it's basically more like opening the christmas present early than stealing it (it is soooo tempting lol).. anyway, not trying to question authority here, just saying. :]

Edited by Guest

but if for example i post my thoughts on the full album and given my widely known attitudes towards music sharing it's like i automatically tell everyone to pm me for direct links, and i'm not alone in this.

maybe you should just ban me till march, lol.

Surely you're capable of discussing the album and not "oh, and I got it from [] - just PM me for details!" Like I said I can't stop you or anyone else from privately discussing and sharing links, but the idea here is to not put them in the forum for everyone to see and potentially use/abuse. Keep in mind too these forums are heavily indexed by Google, so by posting info like that here you are enabling others to simply use WATMM as a pirate link.

i think that many people who post in this thread will likely be buying the album anyway.. there's no proof, but i'd guess the proportion of try-before-buyers vs. pirates will be higher here than elsewhere regarding this release.

so it's basically more like opening the christmas present early than stealing it (it is soooo tempting lol).. anyway, not trying to question authority here, just saying. :]

You're probably right (at least I hope so) but the fact Google indexes this site heavily permits the more casual pirates to simply get what they want easier, and from an authoritative source.

you don't get it joyrex, the moment i, or anyone else for that matter, post a review/thoughts on the album, it will indicate that the album had leaked, i'm pretty sure 99% of watmm knows where to get the leaks already. so this way even our discussion of the album is helping its illegal and harmful spread (according to your philosophy).

Rules and rules and I'm fine with this one (Who ask me if I am, I know), but if i can find the leak i'm gonna dl it and listen to it and still i'm gonna buy the cd AND vinyl...and T-shirt...and poster...and I'll go to the live...and everything else...E___v_e_ry___t_______h_i____n__g

Has it leaked? No.

<-- NOT a link to copyright material. Just an information link informing that it has not linked yet. (Joyrex)

''Fuck...He's dead. You're dog-meat, pal!''

photo-2241.jpg?_r=0

you don't get it joyrex, the moment i, or anyone else for that matter, post a review/thoughts on the album, it will indicate that the album had leaked, i'm pretty sure 99% of watmm knows where to get the leaks already. so this way even our discussion of the album is helping its illegal and harmful spread (according to your philosophy).

No, I think we all get it. It's just you who keep trying to prove that there's a loophole - which EVERYONE knows about...

alright, i was simply not sure of what joyrex was trying to achieve, and he made it even more confusing by bringing some moral arguments.

if you want to cover watmm morally and block it from being a link in a chain of acquiring the album illegally you must at least ban all discussion of the album before its release.

if you want to cover watmm legally then i guess what you're doing is enough.

Edited by eugene

alright, i was simply not sure of what joyrex was trying to achieve, and he made it even more confusing by bringing some moral arguments.

if you want to cover watmm morally and block it from being a link in a chain of acquiring the album illegally you must at least ban all discussion of the album before its release.

Your argument means that the entire "new and upcoming releases" forum should be axed as it is "morally" wrong.

I don't even

Your argument means that the entire "new and upcoming releases" forum should be axed as it is "morally" wrong.

I don't even

not unless it serves as an indication that the particular album has leaked. there are many threads that pop up after the music is released officially or just those that never provide the info that the album is leaked.

and i'm talking about some sort of ideal absolute morals here..

Edited by eugene