IGNORED

XI year old Autechre Album Released: Exai (WARP234)

Guest pixelives

so you'd rather have 2 hours of autechre doing the same thing? for two hours?

Remember Draft ? Remember Confield ? Remember Ep7? Remember Lp5 ? Remember Chiastic ? Tri Repetae ?

You know what these albums have in common ?

They have coherence. They have what many music fans enjoy in albums: unity.

define coherence.

Coherence is an in-memory distributed data grid solution for clustered applications and application servers. Coherence provides replicated and distributed (partitioned) data management and caching services on top of a reliable, highly scalable peer-to-peer clustering protocol.

Guest the anonymous forumite

Remember Draft ? Remember Confield ? Remember Ep7? Remember Lp5 ? Remember Chiastic ? Tri Repetae ?

define coherence.

Anyone with considerable music experience shouldn't be asking that. You know, when you get the feeling that each song belongs to the same record, and not like this or that song could have been on another record. For instance can you see any coherence between "IO", "bnc castle" and "perlence" ? I can't. On the other hand, I can clearly say that there is a coherence between "VI Scose Poise" and "Cfern", and I could go on. You know, records that have a specific sound, as opposed to being a mixed set of styles.

Quaristice has some of the best AE tracks ever, yet it fails to be one of my favourite because of this lack of unity. This decline in coherence had already been started with Untilted btw.

define coherence.

Anyone with considerable music experience shouldn't be asking that. You know, when you get the feeling that each song belongs to the same record, and not like this or that song could have been on another record. For instance can you see any coherence between "IO", "bnc castle" and "perlence" ? I can't. On the other hand, I can clearly say that there is a coherence between "VI Scose Poise" and "Cfern", and I could go on. You know, records that have a specific sound, as opposed to being a mixed set of styles.

Quaristice has some of the best AE tracks ever, yet it fails to be one of my favourite because of this lack of unity. This decline in coherence had already been started with Untilted btw.

I guess that's why they call these kind of statements 'subjective opinions', because I actually think there's quite a bit of coherence in Quaristice, in exactly the same way that you say there is coherence with tracks on Confield.

but, WATMM....

Edited by oscillik

define coherence.

I guess that's why they call these kind of statements 'subjective opinions', because I actually think there's quite a bit of coherence in Quaristice, in exactly the same way that you say there is coherence with tracks on Confield.

but, WATMM....

to me (subjective opinions remember!) the coherence of Quaristice is basically 'these are mostly just jams and they ramble and it's pretty cool and cheeky sometimes. we edited the stuff okay i guess.' which is definitely a lot different than any other albums except perhaps EP7 (technically an EP, so there's a change in what one expects from the collection of music. sorta. lol)

Q has some good stuff, but i still prefer to listen to my own mix of the album, Quadrange EP, and Versions. or just bounce around to certain tracks. that's okay sometimes but i prefer being handed an album that feels cohesive to me. it does to some people obviously, good for you and the rest of them. it doesn't to many of us others however, so we're hoping it's not similar to Q in the ways which we did not enjoy Q. but, WATMM.... i bet keyosc is gonna be a pisstake track just to piss the AE subforum off.

Excited for Exai.

Not excited to hear more people complain about Quaristice in the Exai thread.

let's not discuss anything else ever ITT except all things directly Exai. that'll work.

so i assume there'll be individual artwork for each track similar to the cover or something of the sort. perhaps the key to decoding the puzzle of the cover will be within?????? a test to see how big of fanbois we are, is it? CHALLENGE ACCEPTED

Guest the anonymous forumite
Excited for Exai.

Not excited to hear more people complain about Quaristice in the Exai thread.

I'm not excited to hear that 60 pages-old wordplay on page 71 about Exai either.

Well I can say this having worked in record sales, distro usually happens on Fridays for Tuesday releases. If someone has it in radio, then at least one song should surface by Saturday midday (or leak entirely). If neither happens, then this is false.

Guest pixelives

Hi gl0tch. I'll say this. It's not false. Would you like to see my text transcript from one of my best friends who happens to be head A+R at Warp? I'm not the boy who cried wolf. You are.

Here's my Oversteps advanced since gl0tch thinks I'm lying.

do you have a rip of that? i'd like to see how they watermark dat shit.

edit: just to see, as it might say its watermarked just to prevent people from sharing it.

Edited by beariksson

Guest pixelives

It definitely is. See that "955" above the catalog number. That's linked to me. Yeah I have it ripped to wav but I really don't want those floating around to be honest.

It definitely is. See that "955" above the catalog number. That's linked to me. Yeah I have it ripped to wav but I really don't want those floating around to be honest.

fair enough, i found another promo to test out.

Guest pixelives

Could be... Though we all know it isn't hard to tag a digital file with just about anything. I have heard about label blacklists however, due to leaks.