IGNORED

XI year old Autechre Album Released: Exai (WARP234)

Guest pixelives

yeah, shame, seems like it's a bit too late for a release before the end of the year.

still, exciting, and looking forward to it...

feb/march is AGES, though.

dc1.jpg

edit: that sculptural thing on tDR's facebook page looks a bit like some sort of futuristic kiosk

Edited by baph

Excited

Thanks for letting us know, man. Love you. I got so excited, I almost went on myself.

exciting, and looking forward to it...

Excellent news

kiosk

i came

my B.I. is off the charts right now guys

made my week, fucking hell i'm ready!

YES

READY.

I know it's gonna be said at some point in this thread so I may as well get it out of the way... AE will now have released 3 albums, 2 EPs, two collaborative albums, a clutch of exclusive tracks and remixes in the past seven years. BoC on the other hand have only put out 1 remix and 1 unreleased track (possibly two is you count 1.5 seconds of new material a 'track') in the past 7 years.

Edit: Of course I only compare the two because they have a largely shared fanbase. I mean, if we compare AE to David Bowie; he hasn't released any new material since Heathen in 2003 (correct me if I'm wrong please).

Edited by Goiter Sanchez

bowie's officially retired, though.

I didn't know that! Sorry for my above post, it was needless. All artists should be allowed to take as much time as they need. Autechre are so consistent with their quality and release rate that it really admirable and impressive! I've no reason to believe this new album will break that mold.

one thing is for sure about this album: it will sound like autechre. and it will sound like autechre doing something new.

This is what I'm thinking as well…I don't know why but I guess it'll be groundbreaking (maybe it's the hiatus after releasing a lot of new+old tunes…) I hope Oversteps was the calm before the storm !