IGNORED

XI year old Autechre Album Released: Exai (WARP234)

Guest pixelives

:music: for some reason it is reassuring / comforting to have at an affirmation of a future release, even if you have no idea when it will actually come.

take notes boc

one thing is for sure about this album: it will sound like autechre. and it will sound like autechre doing something new.

amen

First the announcing of How To Destroy Angles EP and LP and now this? now i need a announcement of a new boc triple album and a new At The Drive In record and i die of excitement.^^

Edited by Rakataz

certainly don't want to sour the mood but my zeal for all things ae has declined a bit over the last two full-lengths and MoT. I really liked Oversteps, but at the same time, feel it's not as autechre-y as past albums. In the same way that I really liked Campfire Headphase, but found it not as Boccy as their other releases.

I'm still really looking forward to it, just not as crazily as in the past. Overall I thought MoT was really mediocre...

Oversteps is really good but too long.

i agree. Wish they would've rethought the remainder of the album after treale. It has some highlights (I for one like krylon, though others slate it), but it doesn't have as coherent a feel as the first half. Seems like a collection of random thrown together stuff (a bit like MoT).

I don't believe there's any reason to think their work will decline.

If you ask me it has. It's still really good, but for me Quaristice was the turning point (or, arguably Untilted). Though I think Oversteps is better than either of those (sue me). The run from Tri Repetae through Draft was just incredible, for any artist. Hard not to see it as a long, sustained peak of creativity and productivity.

Anyhoo. Sorry I'll shut up. I am excite, too. I do believe they will always drop something surprisingly awesome from time to time, like the incredible live stuff...

Edited by lumpenprol