IGNORED

XI year old Autechre Album Released: Exai (WARP234)

Guest pixelives

On 8/24/2022 at 1:21 PM, oscillik said:

I may have already mentioned it before, but nodezsh reminds me of some of the music Elliot Goldenthal made for Demolition Man, the sparse percussion really tickles that. Fucking ace track.

In a similar-ish vein it reminds me of some of the wonkier bits from the T1 soundtrack e.g. the second half of this  -

• Like 5

jatevee C is so wonderfully wonky and lush. And Exai has got to be my most consistently satisfying listen from the boys, something about the earthy tone (I hope you get what I mean, referring to the distinctly less prominent highs compared to the later elseq and NTS stuff, and the rich midrange and the timbres they're using) and the extremely strong cohesion throughout, where I don't think a single track sticks out in the negative sense. runrepik is another example, along with spl9 and vekoS, where the sense of space is just amazing for the ears. They're eally nailing that kinda sci-fi, momentum-filled sense of urgent movement and again, the depth and sense of placement within a vast space. I also like how in many of the tracks the bass is slightly less deep and subby to my ears, and instead has a satisfying low end thump to it.

• Like 9

• 4 months later...
  • mcbpete changed the title to X year old Autechre Album Released: Exai (WARP234)
  • 5 months later...
On 7/12/2023 at 6:28 PM, DyeMyBlueBlack said:

Oh jeez - not a big fan of that fact 

Not one of the Aelbums you most enjoy?

• 6 months later...
  • mcbpete changed the title to XI year old Autechre Album Released: Exai (WARP234)
2 hours ago, jules said:

Happy 11th Anniversary - Bull Wallet

yaaaaassss - can finally update the thread title with the crappy pun I've been intending to add for waaaay too long

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Burger 2