IGNORED

XI year old Autechre Album Released: Exai (WARP234)

Guest pixelives

17 minutes ago, Stickfigger said:

Exai is good and all but the material that came immediately before and immediately after is objectively better

oversteps is nice but didn't have the extra umph that Exai brings and Elseq is contender for my least favorite project of theirs that's good but underwhelming imo (tho it's in competition for that spot with Untilted, Amber and Incunabula, but last two have a lot of good tracks)

Edited by President Squidward
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, thumbass said:

Can somebody please tell me what the fuck "sixly sweet year old" in the title is supposed to mean

Just an anniversary edit of the thread title to "six-", given that the album is less than 7 years old. And also a relevant pun on "cichli suite".

1 hour ago, Roo said:

Just an anniversary edit of the thread title to "six-", given that the album is less than 7 years old. And also a relevant pun on "cichli suite".

lol allright

2 hours ago, Stickfigger said:

Exai is good and all but the material that came immediately before and immediately after is objectively better

I need to listen to oversteps again actually didn't realize that was 2010!

2 hours ago, Roo said:

You got it in one - I'm running drastically short of puns after the five years of re-titling it though ....

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/26/2019 at 10:42 AM, darreichungsform said:

1 1 is is the best Exai track and people who think bladelores is the best Exai track are the same kind of people that think tt1pd is the best NTS track (disgusting imo)

Update: finally got to NTS Session 3 some days ago. Tt1pd is good but definitely not close to my favorite track on the NTS albums

• mcbpete changed the title to 7(7)/7 year old Autechre Album Released: Exai (WARP234)
  • 1 year later...

Relistened to this sprawled on the beach this morning with a few cold brewskies. God dam is it fresh. Brought back fond memories of a breakthrough evening, listening on acid, vekos synced perfectly with an old video of butthole surfers live. Later in the garden, biting n'lickin my mp3, Exai was so good I wanted to eat it. I fell asleep around bladelores, who knows where I would've tried to stick it by the time spl9 came on

• Like 2
  • Burger 1

Hearing Exai on big monitors totally  changed perspective of the album to me; no other Ae release reacts to big speakers as Exai does ime

• Like 2

Yeah, the way it uses the stereo field is pretty incredible. A few great examples of this is are: prac-f (disc 1 track 3), 1 1 is (disc 2 track 1), runrepik (disc 2 track 3) and vekoS (disc 1 track 6).

• Like 1
  • Burger 1

• 4 months later...
On 6/14/2021 at 6:35 PM, prdctvsm said:

:braindance: dat prac-f swang ?

underrated track, one of my favorites on the album. absolutely perfect metallic percussion sounds

• Like 5

On 4/3/2019 at 2:46 PM, spptrl alt del said:

I dig the "territory" they explored in Fleure, the sort of frenzied yet concise barrage of it ... would be interesting (exhilarating, even) to hear more tracks in the vein of it.

Same. My favourite track on the album (although I'll admit im not even close to having fully digested the album yet..). It's like they wrote an algorithm for composing layers on layers of syncopation and its just so satisfying to listen to. Not to mention the sound design being so sharp and slick. Would like to know if anyone knows of any similar tracks with that first quality.

• Big Brain 1

• mcbpete changed the title to æight year old Autechre Album Released: Exai (WARP234)
  • 2 months later...

This might already well known but was news to me. A ton of samples from this are in deco Loc

Right down to that little smash sound at 0:19, which appears at 3:00 in deco Loc (one of my favourite moments on the record). Thought this was really cool. Found by someone on the autechre subreddit

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3
  • Big Brain 1