IGNORED

XI year old Autechre Album Released: Exai (WARP234)

Guest pixelives

I haven't actually heard Exai yet because I haven't been able to get the discs out of the cardboard sleeves - I might have to buy the download version. :sad:

^ lol that happened to me before on some cardboard-sleeve-release... I think it was Meam - The L.

Very annoying. It gets easier after a while, but it makes you paranoid you might break both the disk and the sleeve the first few times.

ok i will try to remember that!

*jots it down*

Apparently, that's what I did, too - I somehow made this drawing immediately after, mind-raped by the album and still high:

(Hardly NSFW)

hWXNCeh.jpg

I haven't actually heard Exai yet because I haven't been able to get the discs out of the cardboard sleeves - I might have to buy the download version. :sad:

Wha?

Are they glued in?

Wha?

Are they glued in?

sounds like some really strong aedhesive...

Wha?

Are they glued in?

sounds like some really strong aedhesive...

I now finally understand why people say their music is hard to get into.

Guest theSun

I do actually. The constant beat that's there, and every now and then some changes are made in the extra sounds.

Also, I don't get how anyone can find it a good track, the vocals are so ugly.

i get what you mean, the vocal samples sound almost sloppy in a very not-ae way

but the vocals also have this awkward groove that seems to oppose the groove/feel of the beat

i find it a good track, but not as listenable as it is ambitious, which is pretty common in later era ae for me.

Guest X Fretensis

YJY UX - I just posted about this elsewhere, but something struck me about this track. It would be perfectly at home on Tri Repetae, but for one thing - it's a more extreme version of what they were doing on that album, IMO. Crammed full of hooks, both percussive and melodic, but it has that graceful lope, and agile shimmer that is a strong part of my overall impressions of Tri Repetae.

The rest of the album has some great ones, but also a few that I suspect of treading water a little. Although I would never cull an Ae release for its best bits (no, not even with the Quaristice munificence), Exai is one I would consider doing that to. The really sick tracks are just head and shoulders above the rest, and have a more than slightly jarring effect, to these ears anyway.

4'45' through 6'12''342'''532322''''85115''''' prob best autechre ever jotted down

irlite

4'45' through 6'12''342'''532322''''85115''''' prob best autechre ever jotted down

irlite

Edited by elusive4

Guest X Fretensis

wtf?!

Guest X Fretensis

he's right tho

x fritensis - keep listening for aeffect

Could you perhaps shed a little of the old enlightenment for me as to what exactly is denoted by ''342'''532322''''85115''''' ? That's where my wtf moment is coming from y'see.

alright, Ive listened through my beautiful vinyls about 4-5 times now, and I am staying with first instinct, jatavee-c is one of the best Autechre songs ever. Absolute lushness to the nth degree.

There are a few others that are amazing but tbh Im still trying to actively identify tracks with their track titles.

Tess xi is amazing, Cloudline, and I think Recks On are my top faves....

as a guy that isn't constantly blowing his load over Autechre, this is seriously one of their best albums.

4c5c1e2652434_55946b.jpg

blade (lo-res) :emotawesomepm9:

I've never watched that movie, but the soundtrack features an awesome track by Massive Attack & Mos Def called "I Against I".

alright, Ive listened through my beautiful vinyls about 4-5 times now, and I am staying with first instinct, jatavee-c is one of the best Autechre songs ever. Absolute lushness to the nth degree.

There are a few others that are amazing but tbh Im still trying to actively identify tracks with their track titles.

Tess xi is amazing, Cloudline, and I think Recks On are my top faves....

as a guy that isn't constantly blowing his load over Autechre, this is seriously one of their best albums.

I second Recks On being one of the top Exai trax. It's a clear nod to Ae's early hip hop influences, but at the same time introduces some wicked sounds I haven't heard in their previous works. It just grabs you by the balls on the second half.

jatevee-c = lushnessnth