IGNORED

XI year old Autechre Album Released: Exai (WARP234)

Guest pixelives

Guest slandercat

Hahaha...

I was 5 minutes into the third track, thinking "This song is incredible!". I don't normally do this on a first listen, but I had to check the song title. Bladelores... :/ Songs ordered incorrectly, start over.

About to dive into Disc 2. More than happy so far. Does anyone else gauge how interesting/unexpected an album is on first listen by how much they involuntarily laugh at points throughout? My flatmates must think I'm going mad.

Guest jasondonervan

Just finished up a completely isolated listen of the whole thing with all other distractions well and truly blocked out. Expectations were running high, but it more than delivered the goods for me.

XI/X

Had a very funny first listen in a company of a friend and his wife. 3 headphones, sync start, on a mattress in a big, dark, empty room.

I had a feeling that we are listening to official fake :D just couldn't match what i hear in music with what i read in the reviews. Felt kinda uncomfortable at moments. Very strange shit. Was hoping for some music, maybe.

Friend called it overcomplicated slush, but liked it anyway.

His wife blacked out and had a teeth ache :D

post-9678-0-73120900-1360281665_thumb.png

Exai
FLeure
irlite (get 0)
prac-f
jatevee C
T ess xi
vekoS
Flep
tuinorizn
bladelores
1 1 is
nodezsh
runrepik
spl9
cloudline
deco Loc
recks on
YJY UX
>>> together 121 characters (without spaces)
just a *bleep*around
and with 18 (keyosc) it's a whole different story - is it "18 (keyosc)" as on beatink or just "keyosc" here?
oh man, one guy said after repeated listens you get more focussed on the formulaic structure of the tracks and that's totally true. Exai is a virus to reprogram your brain for new listening norms and make you wide open to mentally unfold every clandestine layers that lurk underneath to get uncovered. that's Ae at it's best. Ever since Cichli Suite some tracks are to this date "new" to me. Latest discovery: Pencha. (and try this one fasten up)
3rd time through. I think it's good for today. These visceral VLetrmxish hazyness and slightly hypnotic repeating melodies in bladelores getting me this time. man.
cheerio, guys. have one hell of relistens.

Just listened to this all the way through at ear-splitting volume on my new phones, in the pitch dark.

Yep.

..night!

I just want another release and a tour to 'see' them live. I'm not saying all of XI sucks, but some of its sound design is so horrible.

http://3849.bandcamp.com

Poor thing.

Guest RadarJammer

Had a very funny first listen in a company of a friend and his wife. 3 headphones, sync start, on a mattress in a big, dark, empty room.

I had a feeling that we are listening to official fake :D just couldn't match what i hear in music with what i read in the reviews. Felt kinda uncomfortable at moments. Very strange shit. Was hoping for some music, maybe.

Friend called it overcomplicated slush, but liked it anyway.

His wife blacked out and had a teeth ache :D

attachicon.gifx_47101f70.png

the radiohead listening party is that way -->

This album is so damn psychedelic. Especially recks on. Swirly shit everywhere!

I think I'm gonna have to tackle this in segments. Might just do one LP at a time for a while when I get the physical copy.

Ahhh finally managed to get the mp3 from bleep, zip kept on being corrupted but I understand why, poor zip couldn't handle the amazing fucking darkness power of this album. Exactly what I was hoping for, today is going to be a great day !

Recks on = AE's swan song to Mick Harris. This whole album in fact sounds very Scorn inspired, if Scorn was dunked in a ketamine bath some Dipropyl tryptamine frosting

jesus christ why am i at work and not listening to this in a darkened corner covered in sweat and sick

so dark. the way I love my ae. a definitive album by them for sure. the impending snowstorm is going to glue the memories. perfect.

Amen to that, so appropriate. Bring on the blizzard, bring on the weed, bring on the Exai!