IGNORED

MOVE OF TEN trip report

Ivan Ooze

My report and proof that this is an amazing AE album just like the rest of their music :wink:

So i had this album a couple of weeks and it did nothing with me, i thought is was so cold, very straight forward and minimal, i thought to myself i could never get into this cause there wasn't anything. Then i took some shrooms with my wife and shoved this monster in my stereo here is my/our experience! Warning, badass trip! :wtf: :wtf:

Track 1! Instantly crawles up your spine! We were watching figure skating on eurosport and it was just perfect with this track, rotations and loops and the constant agressive chopping of blades in the ice going back and forward, this is what this track is. fantastic experience and a great start

Track 2 wow just a whole different atmosphere i can really feel those electric pads that come from all sides, you are carried along the track on a straightforward beat right into the dimensions of Ae, kinda blew me out of reality for a while, now i know this album is serious, to infinity and beyond!

Track 3 A hard heavyweight straight forward looping beat and as it progresses the whole room is spinning and it just sucks you right in, pretty scary shit on shrooms, we can feel madness lurking around the corner but we can not restist to go further down with this track :wacko:

Track 4 Ha, a very funny track and i needed it after the previous one, very typical artificial ae machines from the future talking and doing their thing, great listening, no bad vibes at all. There is a track on SAW that sounds just like it :watmm:

Track 5 Another huge trip to another world, this is like being in maelstrom and all the sounds just rotate around you, it is a little bit frightening but i just move along with the sounds as the track goes, brilliant

Track 6 A trip in extraterestial hell. My girlfriend and me almost lost it on this one, not a pleasant track that fucks with your mind and that sounds like an alien playing in your soul on his alien harp, kinda made wish i shouldn't have eaten the flesh of the gods and listen to this. it's of my favorite tracks on this release, unreal

Track 7 Like watching a mechanical storm in the distance, lots of things going on in the details, pretty chill and we needed this track after the previous one, reminds me of the vibe and musick on oversteps this one

Track 8 One the best tracks on this album and one of the highlights of this trip, just strap yourself in this rollercoaster for an unforgetable ride through these magical Ae pads/synth's/worlds :w00t: , i just can see the notes, pads appearing everywhere when i close my eyes as the beats ride you further, pure heavenly bliss

Track 9 Another alien playing on his instrument, more chill, thank god, again with these synth's i love that were on oversteps aswell, out of this world!

Track 10 the last ride and one of the best. It's another one being sucked in a huge maelstrom void with rotations and loops now cracking and peeling the whole universe and my house appart. great ending to this intense and unreal trip that is move of ten

so my verdict is that it is another brilliant AE album that loops, moves, rotates and fucks your mind from all sides, HIGHLY recommanded to all you psychonauts

10 Ae's on the scale of madness and music :ok:

• Like 2

let me get this straight: you're watching figure skating with your wife when you decide to take shrooms and listen to move of ten?

and by the sixth track now she's just your girlfriend???

We took the shrooms a few hours before the MOT, and we are not married but i think a can call her wife after living together for 8 years :emotawesomepm9:

let me get this straight: you're watching figure skating with your wife when you decide to take shrooms and listen to move of ten?

We took the shrooms a few hours before the MOT, and we are not married but i think a can call her wife after living together for 8 years :emotawesomepm9:

Dear Lord Oooze,

I love you lol, you are a great character. The world needs more people like you.

But you do realise looking at the most mundane things in life, seem superfragalistic high on shrooms? I have looked at concrete fly-overs and seen jesus winking at me.

Even so, great post.

(makes me wanna take shrooms)

What an inaccurate mushroom trip.

It would have been a better thread if you just wrote what you imagine in your head when you listen to the songs instead of pretending you took mushrooms and making a fool of yourself.

What an inaccurate mushroom trip.

It would have been a better thread if you just wrote what you imagine in your head when you listen to the songs instead of pretending you took mushrooms and making a fool of yourself.

*forever alone and screaming*

Guest EleminoP

fucking lol

Guest Hanratty

but when you were in this state, do you think you would have happily accepted any music/refridgerator hum/etc? or were you still the discerning music connaseuer that you are when sober.

but when you were in this state, do you think you would have happily accepted any music/refridgerator hum/etc? or were you still the discerning music connaseuer that you are when sober.

On shrooms, the music seems slown down and you are so concentrated on it, you hear every detail and its is very very intense!

You darkthrone cannibal corpse on shrooms, you gonna have a bad time!

Some music does very little to the trip, burial-untrue for example made me feel sober again, but then i put on autechre or drukqs and jawww, your back in the zone at once. Like my friend once said, its like autechre made this music to trip on shrooms.

Best thing is that after the trip you still remember everything you heard and still get it wich else can take more then a year with autechre music

dunno if this is legit or not, but either way - i was listening along while reading your descriptions and it made me appreciate Move of Ten a lot more, so :beer: .

you should do this for all their albums now! :nyan:

For me, Move of Ten is very much a stoner IDM album.

You darkthrone cannibal corpse on shrooms, you gonna have a bad time!

Nah, only if you think you will! I've listened to extreme metal while on acid before and it's awesome! Especially really technical/atmospheric stuff like Textures.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sB1x3GvYRe4

The above song destroyed my mind with awesomeness. Especially when the ambient keyboards come in.

Edited by modey

fucking lol

:duckhunt:

dunno if this is legit or not, but either way - i was listening along while reading your descriptions and it made me appreciate Move of Ten a lot more, so :beer: .

haha nice, i also did it with untilted, quaristice and oversteps, move of ten was the most fresh one i could remember. :braindance:

Can't wait to try it again with the new album, i'll write another report if i get back out alive and sane

And trust me, caveman black metal or gutteral brootal DM on shrooms..... gonna have a bad time children!

haha nice, i also did it with untilted, quaristice and oversteps, move of ten was the most fresh one i could remember. :braindance:

Can't wait to try it again with the new album, i'll write another report if i get back out alive and sane

And trust me, caveman black metal or gutteral brootal DM on shrooms..... gonna have a bad time children!

Unless you're evil. :derp:

literally the only 17 times I've listened to this album have been on tuesdays and thursdays, alternating on a tri-weekly basis; I get my amish friend ephraim to help tote my system, complete with 400 watt subs and a generator, to the local dried up riverbed; i then proceed to drink heavily the hardest liqueuers available and once I reach wriggling like amoeba in protoplasm of own vomit stage drunk, he turns the music on, puts on his hat and leaves, it is all timed correctly so that by the end of Cep puiqMX the local dam releases its waters and the oncoming wave jolts me out of my coma and washes me downstream to a sandbank where my coat hat and tie belong.

-real fan

Edited by Salvatorin
  • Like 1

literally the only 17 times I've listened to this album have been on tuesdays and thursdays, alternating on a tri-weekly basis; I get my amish friend ephraim to help tote my system, complete with 400 watt subs and a generator, to the local dried up riverbed; i then proceed to drink heavily the hardest liqueuers available and once I reach wriggling like amoeba in protoplasm of own vomit stage drunk, he turns the music on, puts on his hat and leaves, it is all timed correctly so that by the end of Cep puiqMX the local dam releases its waters and the oncoming wave jolts me out of my coma and washes me downstream to a sandbank where my coat at and tie belong.

-real fan

this is really funny

• 8 years later...
On 9/25/2012 at 4:14 AM, awepittance said:

Move of ten seems like an album better reserved for ketamine or dxm. just my 2 cents

Or maybe eticyclidine since it's PCE, the "freeze" because of dissociative anaesthesia... and the 2.8i is because while you trip, you contemplate complex numbers (usually notated in the form a+bi, so in this case 2 + 0.8 * i)