IGNORED

DJ Stingray - F.T.N.W.O.

Redruth

• 1 month later...

"Long time Drexciya affiliate Sherard Ingram will release his second album under the DJ Stingray moniker, F.T.N.W.O, next month on Belgian imprint WéMè Records."

"The masked producer was a founding member of the Urban Tribe collective project that also includes fellow Detroit deities Carl Craig, Anthony Shakir and Kenny Dixon, Jr, while he also served a musical apprenticeship as the official tour DJ for legendary duo Drexciya in the late 90s. The sound of Gerald Donald and the late James Stinson heavily influenced Ingram, who has gone on to carve his own sonic niche as DJ Stingray, fusing elements of techno and electro while staying true to the Drexciyan sonic aesthetic. In recent years Ingram has built a close working relationship with WéMè Records, releasing two 12″s and one album – 2008′s Aqua Team 2 – through the Belgian imprint, and he’s also put out singles with the likes of Unknown To The Unknown, Micron Audio, TRUST and [Naked Lunch]."

"In discussion with Juno Plus writer Richard Brophy last year, Ingram gave some brief insight into how the album would sound, claiming it would a “meat and potatoes” affair that was “all about the dance”, which suggests the 11 tracks on F.T.N.W.O will feature more of the neck snapping drum programming and mystical aquatic energies that have marked Stingray’s output to date. In the same interview Ingram bemoaned the apolitical nature of so much modern dance music, and F.T.N.W.O’s tracklisting belies a high level of social awareness, with track titles “Civil Agenda”, ”Denial Of Service”, “Interest Rate” and “Outsourced” littered throughout the album. There’s a certain element of Enemy Of The State mystery too, with “Dark Arts”, “Lead From The Shadows” and “Reverse Engineering” also appearing as track titles, the latter in collaboration with TRUST Record regulars Microthol."

"WéMè Records will release DJ Stingray’s F.T.N.W.O on 2xLP vinyl in December 2012."

A1. Civil Agenda

A2. Dark Arts

A3. Room Clearance

B1. Denial Of Service

B2. Interest Rate

C1. No Knock

C2. Lead From The Shadows

C3. Reverse Engineering (Microthol & Stingray)

D1. Image Search

D2. Outsourced

D3. Remote Viewing

look http://www.junodownl..._medium=twitter

"Long time Drexciya affiliate Sherard Ingram will release his second album under the DJ Stingray moniker, F.T.N.W.O, next month on Belgian imprint WéMè Records."

"The masked producer was a founding member of the Urban Tribe collective project that also includes fellow Detroit deities Carl Craig, Anthony Shakir and Kenny Dixon, Jr, while he also served a musical apprenticeship as the official tour DJ for legendary duo Drexciya in the late 90s. The sound of Gerald Donald and the late James Stinson heavily influenced Ingram, who has gone on to carve his own sonic niche as DJ Stingray, fusing elements of techno and electro while staying true to the Drexciyan sonic aesthetic. In recent years Ingram has built a close working relationship with WéMè Records, releasing two 12″s and one album – 2008′s Aqua Team 2 – through the Belgian imprint, and he’s also put out singles with the likes of Unknown To The Unknown, Micron Audio, TRUST and [Naked Lunch]."

"In discussion with Juno Plus writer Richard Brophy last year, Ingram gave some brief insight into how the album would sound, claiming it would a “meat and potatoes” affair that was “all about the dance”, which suggests the 11 tracks on F.T.N.W.O will feature more of the neck snapping drum programming and mystical aquatic energies that have marked Stingray’s output to date. In the same interview Ingram bemoaned the apolitical nature of so much modern dance music, and F.T.N.W.O’s tracklisting belies a high level of social awareness, with track titles “Civil Agenda”, ”Denial Of Service”, “Interest Rate” and “Outsourced” littered throughout the album. There’s a certain element of Enemy Of The State mystery too, with “Dark Arts”, “Lead From The Shadows” and “Reverse Engineering” also appearing as track titles, the latter in collaboration with TRUST Record regulars Microthol."

"WéMè Records will release DJ Stingray’s F.T.N.W.O on 2xLP vinyl in December 2012."

A1. Civil Agenda

A2. Dark Arts

A3. Room Clearance

B1. Denial Of Service

B2. Interest Rate

C1. No Knock

C2. Lead From The Shadows

C3. Reverse Engineering (Microthol & Stingray)

D1. Image Search

D2. Outsourced

D3. Remote Viewing

look http://www.junodownl..._medium=twitter

Will this get a cd release or a digital release?

nice, thanks for posting that. dark sounds. looking forward to this... (the album)

*waits for little fury man vasio to come and diss it, blah blah*

i can hear alex jones in there.

given the political aspect of his music, i think he should drop the ski mask once and for all. being politically engaged and hiding your face can only make me think of Anonymous, whose action i find pretty pointless. it's not like he's a Hamas soldier or anything. well that's just my view

fantastic news, cant wait to hear it. Aqua Team is still one of my most played electronic releases

He strikes me as an enlightened amateur, nothing has quite matched Aqua Team (before or after).

Never heard him live then? dubious to call him an "enlightened amateur" ;)

day 1 purchase easy... can't wait to get this record :)

Edited by Macca

fantastic news, cant wait to hear it. Aqua Team is still one of my most played electronic releases

He strikes me as an enlightened amateur, nothing has quite matched Aqua Team (before or after).

Guess you missed it when this all time Detroit classic came out then...

• 3 weeks later...

damn, some people here need to buy a record player.

they're really not that expensive. then you'll never have to whine about cd's and downloads ever again.

investment.

they're really not that expensive. then you'll never have to whine about cd's and downloads ever again.

investment.

I've got one and I still want it on CD or as a DD

investment.

I've got one and I still want it on CD or as a DD

bizarre.

polyvinyl chloride plates can be made to birth various types of media. like coconut, able to be used four times, the phonograph record sounds can be recaptured with tape or as digital files which can then be put to disc