IGNORED

How big is your music collection?

Danny O Flannagin

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

About 100GB of mp3. I haven't really gone after flac as I haven't had the sound system to tell the difference until lately with my M-Audio monitors. 320kbps is good enough for me.

192 GB, 110 of which is in flac. Stuff I hardly listen to I'll periodically move to an external HD (probably up to 20-30 GB now), although it still feels kinda weird to archive stuff I'll probably never have the volition to listen to again. I recall reading somewhere that a text archived by a major university library is something over 99.9% likely to never be seen by human eyes again. As a kid I never could have imagined the embarrassment of riches in music we now have access to.

is it me or flac/320 (which are identical imo) sounds TOTALLY better than 256 and less and v0? I remember I had a v0 version of earth's bees honey skull whatever, and when I downloaded a flac (then converted to 320), it sounded brighter...

If we're talking physical collection, I have aprox. 400 cds (been a while since I counted though) about 8 vinyls (haven't been pressed to buy many since I don't have my own player used to use my former roomate's), if we're including digital than I have NO idea currently because I need to reorganize it all. I have like 1/2 on my laptop and 1/2 on my external and some more on another older external... I've started compiling it and consolidating it again since I got a new ipod, currently there's about 14,000 songs on my ipod, but I have a LOT to add back on and go through still.

...and yes before you ask, having it so disorganized right now drives me crazy, but I have to re-organize it in small doses or I get overwhelmed and frustrated.

Guest Frankie5fingers

im hittin around 80 gigs. then theres my borthers music collection that i use every now and again. he's at around 1.5TB Mp3s and then has over 1k physical cds and about 50-100 Vinyls.

currently:

about 40,000 songs in digital formats (297 gb)

7 tapes

42 vinyl releases (personal collection) + probably about 400 that I bought at thrift stores/got for free/inherited that I use for samples

37 cds

really hoping to start buying vinyl again soon, but obviously only if money will allow

Archived