IGNORED

What soft - + hardware do Autechre use?

Guest Silke

Guest do it now

Live, lately, a bit of this:

post-1300-1145919616_thumb.jpg

and a bit of that:

post-1300-1145919667_thumb.jpg

But seriously, it barely matters. If you want to make music, then surely you just have to work as hard as possible with what you have. Autechre continue to have the attitude of exploring each piece of equipment to its fullest extent, making modifications to take it beyond its original parameters.

But seriously, it barely matters. If you want to make music, then surely you just have to work as hard as possible with what you have. Autechre continue to have the attitude of exploring each piece of equipment to its fullest extent, making modifications to take it beyond its original parameters.

Well said, ae clearly know how to squeeze every bit of goodness out of their hardware. It's not like they're using some magical hardware that nobody else knows about. They just spend countless hours fucking with equipment to get sounds nobody has ever heard before.

Guest DrHat
Wow! I don't know what the hell any of that stuff is!

.....well, I know what a nintendo gameboy is.....(wtf)

there's a cartridge for gameboy called nanoloop that lets you use it as a ghetto little tracker. people have even done midi interfaces for it, etc. i'm still waiting for a non-plugin, midi-controllable nintendo.

there's a cartridge for gameboy called nanoloop that lets you use it as a ghetto little tracker. people have even done midi interfaces for it, etc. i'm still waiting for a non-plugin, midi-controllable nintendo.

I reckon they probably bend the PAPU sound chip though a bazillion midi controlled whatsamacalledits rather than any stock cartridge-ing.

what you're asking for exsists, its a thing you actually plug into your nitnendo. Unfortunately i forgot the name and do not have a link, but the guy used to (and maybe still does) sell the interface for the nintendo for around $150 us.

Guest vodor
it surprises me that with the amount of money they must have (as evident by the above gear list) that they dont list any old school or fully modular analog synths.

All I know is that if I were in the business of making audio gear (or software), they'd be the first dudes I'd give it away to.

Guest Audiophile

id love to get a hold of a nanoloop, but its bloody expensive (800 US last time i checked). as for the lack of analog equiptment, im guessing they have moved away from hardware over the past years & just didnt list them, with max msp & all.

Guest dugbert

what you're asking for exsists, its a thing you actually plug into your nitnendo. Unfortunately i forgot the name and do not have a link, but the guy used to (and maybe still does) sell the interface for the nintendo for around $150 us.

midi NES

i've got 2 stable NES's, i'm gonna get a kit soon

Guest sinkfield
id love to get a hold of a nanoloop, but its bloody expensive (800 US last time i checked). as for the lack of analog equiptment, im guessing they have moved away from hardware over the past years & just didnt list them, with max msp & all.

heres a nanoloop for 69euros nanoloop

• 3 weeks later...
Guest elektroplast
post-1300-1145919616_thumb.jpgpost-1300-1145919667_thumb.jpg

Ooh, I knew about the Monomachine and Machinedrum, but the MPC 1000 is news to me. Nice!

Archived