IGNORED

1991 - 1991

• 9 months later...

got both the records but missed the tapes. keen on some new stuff and just saw this was uploaded just now. I dont know if this is another alias or what, maybe its not related but i think it might be

maybe something off a new ep. hope so. really dig this sound though i think its sample based (not that it matters). good vibes, i cleared a dancefloor with the blue vinyl the other day

Huh, looks like a re-upload; track is from last year and was on this release

...new to my ears though, wasn't on my radar, also is it a track called "1991" by Infinity Frequencies...even if it is I dig it

http://youtu.be/PehY4G8otwM

Edited by joshuatx

Just a heads up for those buying either the self titled debut or the Opal Tapes, they are both considerably cheaper on Bandcamp than Bleep if you're looking for FLAC files.

• 2 years later...
  • 1 year later...

some previously released stuff is one it - "95 and Beyond" and "Inside You (IVVVO Remix)" 

Was "Inside You" a SC or YT tracks? Infinity Frequencies remixed it as well. Is Calm Onyx the only new track?

Bonus tracks, tight.  Much more interested in cassette than 2lp tho, definitely a bang-on the tape deck / car type of release, IMO.

@j, Inside You, Calm Onyx, 95 and Beyond, plus remix of Inside you are new for me at least

Edited by Marked x 0ne

Unfortunately it looks like Open To The Dark has been removed from the 'expanded' issue.

edit - nevermind, it's just not in the previews for some reason

Edited by oscillik

ordered the tape, getting closer to having his complete discography on the format

I also want make a custom bootleg cassette of his deleted SC stuff, tumblr clips and remixes

I hope this means the other releases get an expanded version too. Seems like I missed my chance with High-Tech High-Life. I actually really like the other one too, even though it's a complete 180 from his normal sound.

• 1 year later...

I think that first track off his debut is the finest thing he's ever done and for me I find it an extremely emotional experience. It is so evocative of that time when culture was transitioning from the 80s - it's an almost indefinable quality.

When I hear that first track - two minutes and twenty-five seconds of ghostly, faded electronics - a whispered voice from a time long gone , a thousand images and memories tumble out of the dark - people I remember from that era, relationships I was in, places I visited, the fashions I followed.

I cannot explain why but this image, an advert for a men's fragrance that launched during that same time period 90-91 perfectly sums it all up. Your mileage may vary.

Gc6nYgLG_o.jpg

• Like 3

even its title, Reborn Ice Horn.. is somehow evokes the imagination of time period.  that was the track that also hooked me :rhubear2:  that said.. i like distortion of time more now

Edited by markedone
  • Like 4

• 2 years later...
  • 10 months later...
On 10/7/2022 at 4:41 AM, joshuatxuk said:

Stumbled upon the sample source for "Fabric of Space" this morning

I feel like someone else posted it, honestly not sure how I didn't notice earlier.

People were claiming this as a sample source on one of afx new tracks 

At Dour