nDB0iS9.jpg

just got back from watching this and i loved it. it's not a serious kong film; actually it's kinda b-movie(ish) because even the serious bits are kinda fun. it also doesn't really try and make kong a sympathetic figure (at least, not as much as the previous king kong films) but more of a monster killer that's also on our side(?)

btw: if you watch this in the theater, stay after the credits. 

tec, have you seen this Turkish horror film, Baskin? I watched it last night, thought it was quite good.

Cool, I hear it's quite grisly so I'm waiting for when I'm in the right mood.

Oh my... a friend of mine was either talking to the producer of this movie when he was in LA or something because I remember him talking about it. But holy shit... Into the Storm was hot garbage but this looks even worse.

And what's up with those animations?! Why are people suddenly moving in slow motion?

giphy.gif

this alone sells me on the movie.

Ok, so my girlfriend pointed out that they're freezing. It's an ice storm. I feel dumb now.

nDB0iS9.jpg

just got back from watching this and i loved it. it's not a serious kong film; actually it's kinda b-movie(ish) because even the serious bits are kinda fun. it also doesn't really try and make kong a sympathetic figure (at least, not as much as the previous king kong films) but more of a monster killer that's also on our side(?)

btw: if you watch this in the theater, stay after the credits.

Yes! I loved it

Nocturnal Animals

Dang, took me by surprise - really liked this! Feels very classic and a great example of what current cinema should be aiming for. Delightful pulp, executed stylishly and gracefully. Michael Shannon was superb!

Obese naked women/10

yeah it's a good chance that if rubin doesn't like movie i will usually think it's alright. haven't seen the new evil dead but.. hey! now i've got a hunch.

remember he complained that the force awakens wasn't white enough

Edited by dr lopez

Rubin Farr is lame, he tells people what he thinks they want to hear. He also posts trailers of films he hasn't seen yet in that "aw shucks, you heard from the Farr first!" style

independence day

this is so much worse than i remember it being twenty odd years ago. roland emmerich's whole style is find every cultural and ethnic stereotype and populate your film with them, then blow them up.  harvey fierstein is fucking absurd. i think he literally got incinerated. rip. judd hirsch is basically committing a hate crime with his performance here. this movie is so bad it broke randy quaid and he became his character.

pullman tho^

anyway kong skull island:

p disappointed. i wanted this to be 2017 snakes on a plane with better actors and color correction. the kong vs w/e monster battle should have been the closing battle for jurassic world. (who cares) john c reilly was cast as steve brule with a beard because he acted dumb wore a jacket that literally said "for your health".  some pretty retarded hilarious moments but not enough to make it worth it. best part was a completely unnecessary dolly zoom during some pathetic exposition - it ended up just being a dolly zoom onto cheese larsen's dd's in a tight tanktop. no prob there. 

Edited by dr lopez

While working I watched Friday the 13th - the terrible 2009 version. It was terrible.

I'm now watching Rob Zombie's Halloween... I remember it being terrible.

That Rob Zombie Halloween flick is an abomination.

Yyyyyeeeaaah... but I'm taking one for the team. Also, Malcolm MacDowell...

EDIT: Teh fuck? Danny Trejo?

EDIT2: Ok, fuck this, I'm watching Goodfellas instead.

Oh my... a friend of mine was either talking to the producer of this movie when he was in LA or something because I remember him talking about it. But holy shit... Into the Storm was hot garbage but this looks even worse.

And what's up with those animations?! Why are people suddenly moving in slow motion?

giphy.gif

this alone sells me on the movie.

Ok, so my girlfriend pointed out that they're freezing. It's an ice storm. I feel dumb now.

That's totally not how that would happen.

I can I can't