he never died- henry rollins as an angel/vampire/immortal? recluse who hates humans but has to eat them,with an estranged daughter and dumb local gangsters on his case.also trevor from gtav is in it,but his acting makes rollins seem like de niro,it was pretty decent tho,-7/10

Shot Caller

Jamie Lannister from Game Of Thrones kills his best friend in a car accident, ends up in prison where he has to quickly toughen up + impress Dodd from Fargo & Shane from The Walking Dead. Couple of ropey acting moments in the first half an hour or so, but gets better as it goes on. Quite bleak, things going from bad to worse type of film. In a similar vein to Felon (Val Kilmer) & An Innocent Man (Tom Selleck).

Valerian

The main character just made me want to shout "APEX PREDATOR!" and then I realised it could be applied to both of the main characters. Spy Kids for the millenials. Badly needs some more Korben Dallas and anti smoking propaganda.

Givetheentrymoneytothehomelessinstead/10 

Spectre

This was a great one. Christopher Waltz plays a dentist. Ralph Fiennes has turned up for his audition for Dunkirk and Daniel Craig has detached himself so far from his normal self that he seems calculatingly disinterested and blasé.

NeedsMoreSimonCowell/10

For me speaking in batman terms. I can't see anyone surpassing the work of tdk trilogy, not in my lifetime anyway. Especially the second instalment, maybe I was more impressionable back then. I am also comparing it to all the batman movies before Nolan's take - I just thoroughly enjoyed those movies, his style of putting a film together really suited the superhero, zimmer's work on tdk was tremendous, also.

I've always thought TDK and TDKR were an overloaded chaotic mess, story-wise. I liked BB though. he got a good bit of the Batman world right in other respects.

The Colony - tv choices were slim pickings last night, so... pretty much The Thing mixed with something like Snowpiercer.  Humanity wiped out by a virus, global ice age drives people underground, if you sneeze or cough you get the choice of wandering out and freezing to death, or a quick bullet to the head.  Bill Paxton was so great, he could bring his charm and humor to anything, even this morose tale.

Buttwad / 10

Watched King Arthur - Legend of the Sword.

Got to say, way better than I expected.  Critics panned it, and it wasn't a masterpiece or anything.  But I enjoyed it for what it is, some good clean fun.  Fight scenes were awesome.  And some of the movie was reminiscent of LOTR, which of course I loved.  I'd suggest it if you have nothing else to watch.

I saw most of Hell Or High Water yesterday. It was decent for what it was but utterly unsurprising or interesting. Some decent moments acting, and some nice shots and such, but all around not sure why it got as much attention as it seemed to last year. Maybe good marketing or just 'artsy' enough without boring the normies? I dunno I'm being dumb mostly but it was okay.

I'll take this opportunity to mention that Jeff Bridges seems like a caricature instead of a real person lately (any time I've seen him interviewed or whatever). He's turned into Sam Elliot's Big Lebowski character on screen and in real life. Strange.

Watched King Arthur - Legend of the Sword.

Got to say, way better than I expected.  Critics panned it, and it wasn't a masterpiece or anything.  But I enjoyed it for what it is, some good clean fun.  Fight scenes were awesome.  And some of the movie was reminiscent of LOTR, which of course I loved.  I'd suggest it if you have nothing else to watch.

yeah i want to see this. i always liked ritchie's eye for action and don't expect much from it other than that. i remember watching the cannon scene from sherlock over and over when i was a projectionist when that first opened