The Royal Tenenbaums - 10/10

The Usual Suspects - 7/10

Blow - 7/10

The Grey - 7/10

Good Burger - 6/10

Menace II Society - 8/10

South Central - 6/10

Boyz N The Hood - 8/10

Don't be A Menace to South Central While Drinking Your Juice In The Hood - 10/10

Bullet Ballet - 10

Himizu - 10

I Saw The Devil - 10

Memories of Murder - 10

Fallen Angels - 10

Zodiac - 10

Black Swan - 10

The Good The Bad The Weird - 10

Ichi the Killer - 10

Dogtooth - 10

Audition - 9

Papillon - 9

Bug - 9

Serpico - 9

Tokyo Fist - 9

Boogie Nights - 9

The Raid Redemption - 9

Funny People - 9

Youth in Revolt - 8

Altered States - 8

Ghost Dog - Way of the Samurai - 8

Lost Highway - 8

Frozen - 8

The Guard - 7

The Hangover - 7

The Avengers - 7

Blood Simple - 7

Blue Velvet - 7

Tokyo Story - 6

Rubber - 6

Time - 6

The Disappearance of Alice Creed - 6

Big Fish - 6

The Ruins - 6

The Dead - 5

Dredd 3D - 5

Looper - 5

Teeth - 5

Prometheus - 5

The Boondock Saints - 5

Batman: Dark Knight Rises - 5

A Boy and His Dog - 5

Vertigo - 4

My Son, My Son, What Have Ye Done - 4

The Cabin in the Woods - 3

Seeking a Friend for the End of the World - a direct rip-off of the canadian Last Night (and i mean DIRECT, not similar or kinda-the-same-concept, lifts whole plot and characters), but instead of being dry and moving, it makes no sense. thank you hollywood! the only upside is that carell seems to be growing as a dramatic actor, even if its just a slowly dying depressed bummer of a human being kinda shtick.

Swingers - underdeveloped child of a 90s boom of indie movies with people talking most of the time. decent dialogues, but zero crap is given in the story department. the director would later make a much underappreciated post-pulp fiction maserpiece Go, which is a far far better movie, even if equally bandwagonesque.

Seeking A Friend For the End of the world - The normal part of me thinks this movie had no point to it and they could have used the end of the world better, the coming off adderall part of me thinks this movie was really emotional and made me think about things.

7/10 i guess.

Idioterne (The Idiots) - this is one of the best films I saw in my life. So authentic in what it was trying to achieve... This is just on another level of film-making. I think this is pure Von Trier and I'm kind of sad that his newer films (yeah, Melancholia, it's you) just don't strike these same chords as The Idiots did. 10/10

The Life Aquatic - 9/10

Blow - 7/10

The Grey - 7/10

Good Burger - 6/10

Menace II Society - 8/10

South Central - 6/10

Boyz N The Hood - 8/10

Don't be A Menace to South Central While Drinking Your Juice In The Hood - 10/10

lol

The Master - 6/10. I think my friend summed it up best - "It was a GREAT film, but I'm not sure it was a GOOD film." Strange, but I agree.

i liked the fat lady sex scene

edit:

All joking aside, that was actually a really good scene. It had cool character interactions.

Edited by gmanyo

Prometheus -

hrmm, pacing was strange for what should be an action flick, there was no tension and release, things would just occur. A couple of glaring plot flaws. Firstly why would the geologist with the map making bots get lost, that annoyed. Secondly, why didn't they know where to find the bodies, the sand storm didn't cut it as they had feeds from the suits and knew the place where they had chosen to hold up for the night. Oh (edit) and how did the monster in the lifecraft gain weight? They either need a graphic on the micro scale showing it inflating whilst inhaling dust or something, or they should have damaged the environment in the room to illustrate it's propensity to take from it's surroundings to reach maturity.

Overall i enjoyed meeting this creation, and would be happy to see our lady of death, disintegrate the creators. My guess though is that once they get near the home world, it'll either be destroyed (hopefully not) or they'll show us some big budget CG of amazing future world abandoned with bots in charge that are fascinated by the anti-hero of this film and so put his body back together and level him up, whilst our (bad actress, although it's the direction and editing that was the problem), hooks up with the remaining locals, maybe of a lower caste, then fucks to release the DNA Krakons. So many possibilities (call me fox, i'll lower the budget whilst i'm at it).

six pack to my name and tired so a real review i ain't in it, not to mention, you've probably tired of all the speculation.

ps - now we know how there can be such a diversity of alien body types in the previous film from the franchise, chance super interaction creation

Bullet Ballet - 10

Himizu - 10

I Saw The Devil - 10

Memories of Murder - 10

Fallen Angels - 10

Zodiac - 10

Black Swan - 10

The Good The Bad The Weird - 10

Ichi the Killer - 10

Dogtooth - 10

Audition - 9

Papillon - 9

Bug - 9

Serpico - 9

Tokyo Fist - 9

Boogie Nights - 9

The Raid Redemption - 9

Funny People - 9

Youth in Revolt - 8

Altered States - 8

Ghost Dog - Way of the Samurai - 8

Lost Highway - 8

Frozen - 8

The Guard - 7

The Hangover - 7

The Avengers - 7

Blood Simple - 7

Blue Velvet - 7

Tokyo Story - 6

Rubber - 6

Time - 6

The Disappearance of Alice Creed - 6

Big Fish - 6

The Ruins - 6

The Dead - 5

Dredd 3D - 5

Looper - 5

Teeth - 5

Prometheus - 5

The Boondock Saints - 5

Batman: Dark Knight Rises - 5

A Boy and His Dog - 5

Vertigo - 4

My Son, My Son, What Have Ye Done - 4

The Cabin in the Woods - 3

omgawd. At least you put them in order of intrest . .. ;-] welL done.

The Life Aquatic - 9/10

Blow - 7/10

The Grey - 7/10

Good Burger - 6/10

Menace II Society - 8/10

South Central - 6/10

Boyz N The Hood - 8/10

lol

truly he likes everythang .. ;-]

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

The Master - 6/10. I think my friend summed it up best - "It was a GREAT film, but I'm not sure it was a GOOD film." Strange, but I agree.

sadly the bit where you think it is a great film is probably based on how you think you SHOULD FEEL and the bit where you admit it was shit is how you really feel

it was less than the sum of it's parts. or whatever that phrase is. great acting/looked beautiful but ultimately unfulfilling

Edited by Jimmy McMessageboard

Klown - 7/10

Sinister - 5/10 - One star is for the music. I had a feeling that the film's composer was into electronic music because of some of the strange (for a mainstream film) music used, in particular during the projector scenes. Then halfway through the film they play 'Gyroscope' from Geogaddi and I was like "oh ok". I'm not a big horror fan but there are some genuinely creepy moments (all the films on the projector) I thought the film would have been ten times scarier if they'd taken a real world approach to the story. It almost seems like it might for the first third but then takes a turn.