Burning is about a guy who falls for this manic pixie dreamgirl type woman, but then finds out she is seeing someone else. 

When she then goes missing, he suspects her other boyfriend..... 9/10   EDITED TO PREVENT SPOILER

Oh and the story is based on an Murakami short story.

18QQNVC.jpg

had to watch the above film for work and thought it was kind of brilliant. basically, a cop responds to a report of gunshots at this woman's house. the woman says "it was my kid and it was an accident." after that she goes off on him: you know how frustrated i am? i'm either bored to death or so horny i could fuck a rack.

dude is like oh snap- i stumbled into the right house. they have sex. he's then like "btw: i should tell you i'm married". no biggie. i just needed to fuck. ohhhhh snap. they have sex again (doggy style this time. outside. after the ol' i dare you to go outside naked chestnut) then the cop is like "look. i need to call my wife coz it looks like i'll be here all night" okay. just don't mention her again.

he calls the wife. then- i think you get the idea.

10/10 from me

btw: the babe has a killer body

Damn that is pretty hot. Piqued my interest.

Burning is about a guy who falls for this manic pixie dreamgirl type woman, but then finds out she is seeing someone else. 

When she then goes missing, he suspects her other boyfriend....... 9/10 EDITED TO PREVENT SPOILER

Oh and the story is based on an Murakami short story.

LOVED that movie. But I would almost go as far as to say that your plot summary spoils a bit too much...

3 best films I caught up with in Jan-Mar:

1. The Duellists (1977, Ridley Scott) - 10/10

2. High Tide (1987, Gillian Armstrong) - 9/10

3. Forbidden Lie$ (2007, Anna Broinowski) - 8.5/10

The four-part Talking to a Stranger from 1966 also felt groundbreaking for TV as a dramatic medium.

3 most recent films are 40 year old virgin, weekend at bernies, and above all this one:

MV5BNzE2NWU4YzEtZTU4NC00NDE0LTlhOTktMjUw

wanted to re-visit the book and realized i had the movie, but never watched it. the movie never mentions the concept of eternal recurrence, which is foundational to the book and its whole central question about whether life is to be taken lightly or seriously. i suppose reading or at least knowing about it was necessary to understand a few more pieces of what they tried to convey. either way it was a good watch. the other two were actually pretty funny.

Caught Us last week, good fun and visuals throughout. Great performances from everyone involved, Lupita deserves all the accolades ofc but stealth MVP Tim Heidecker was born for this role.

Could have done without the exposition dump at the end. Grounding the whole thing in reality makes a lot of the plot crumble under scrutiny, and especially given the last minute ‘Gotcha!’ that was telegraphed a mile away, it was a little too much handholding. Keep it vague and it stays creepy.

3 most recent films are 40 year old virgin, weekend at bernies, and above all this one:

wanted to re-visit the book and realized i had the movie, but never watched it. the movie never mentions the concept of eternal recurrence, which is foundational to the book and its whole central question about whether life is to be taken lightly or seriously. i suppose reading or at least knowing about it was necessary to understand a few more pieces of what they tried to convey. either way it was a good watch. the other two were actually pretty funny.

I'm in the process of reading the book. It's excellent. Haven't seen the film, but I read somewhere that Kundera said this movie barely even touched the kernel of the story and did not allow and future film adaptations of his novels. I'm still intrigued though. Might take a look.

I'm in the process of reading the book. It's excellent. Haven't seen the film, but I read somewhere that Kundera said this movie barely even touched the kernel of the story and did not allow and future film adaptations of his novels. I'm still intrigued though. Might take a look.

huh, that kinda makes sense given what i noticed they'd left out. there are probably more differences as well (i had completely mistaken this story for the one in immortality). then again i could see how kundera is a touchy perfectionist and so outraged by whatever he thinks the adaptation is lacking. regardless, the movie does capture how tereza represents heaviness while tomas and sabina represent lightness, it's just that there's no explicit exposition of the ideas behind them.

edit: on-topic, it's a good drama and i sincerely recommend it. if not for the acting then at least for lena olin 8-)

Edited by flexbert

Enthusiastic Sinners was ace. Bought it off vimeo for $4. Goofyness aside, the faking it husband and trapped single parent made it seem like reality. It hurts oh yes it does.

The Mermaid.

Chinese flick containing mermaids (no surprise there), a human octopus and some fighting - but not nearly enough to make it worthwhile.

Hard to believe this is one of the most popular movies in China of all time.

I think I laughed exactly once - at the policemen drawing mermaids. The rest of the 90 minutes of my life I’d rather have back.

I think I laughed exactly once - at the policemen drawing mermaids. The rest of the 90 minutes of my life I’d rather have back.

i lmao with that scene yeah...

try this one if you're into mermaids... :^)

MV5BZjhiMDcxM2EtNjllZi00YjJhLTg4MmEtMTg2

Edited by THIS IS MICHAEL JACKSON

i lmao with that scene yeah...

try this one if you're into mermaids... :^)

MV5BZjhiMDcxM2EtNjllZi00YjJhLTg4MmEtMTg2

Just watched it. It was, in fact, quite good.