Yeah that looks silly as fuck but Ramona Flowers is in it so I'll probably watch it.

Watched Under The Silver Lake last night. Kind of felt like off-brand Mulholland Dr. but in a good way. I'll probably watch anything that David Robert Mitchell puts out, he's 3/3 at this point. Andrew Garfield plays a great sleazy piece of shit.

Edited by Lada Laika

Clare Denis High Time - french erotica version of Solaris but without the greek god statues. Ever wanted to see Juliette Binoche make menstrual love to a leather chair with dildo attachment? Now is your chance. Pretty f***ing good.

apparently the new marvels movie goes for 3 hours... 

how come all these crappy entertainment shlock movies think they warrant being 1/8th the Length of 1x Earth Day???

It's utterly disgusting. 

MV5BMmUyMzY2ODEtMmQyMi00NGYwLTg4ZWYtMTU1

this was amazing. i highly recommend not knowing what the film is about before going into it because it's made in a way where it really packs a punch (i rarely say this but this is one of those films) but if you don't mind spoilers- or if you have seen this film:

a bunch of kids have a certain lay of land that they consider their own. it's where they play. one day, two soldiers happen upon a fort that lays within their bounder. they won't leave. in fact, they ask the kids to leave. but that can't happen. that's their territory. so the soldiers must leave.

amazing cast. amazing direction and really beautiful choreography

9.5/10

this was amazing. i highly recommend not knowing what the film is about before going into it because it's made in a way where it really packs a punch (i rarely say this but this is one of those films) but if you don't mind spoilers- or if you have seen this film:

a bunch of kids have a certain lay of land that they consider their own. it's where they play. one day, two soldiers happen upon a fort that lays within their bounder. they won't leave. in fact, they ask the kids to leave. but that can't happen. that's their territory. so the soldiers must leave.

9.5/10

that's been in my bookmarks for a while, i missed the original screening and now it's not available anywhere. jews.

Suspiria (2018)

Fail.

Oh, let's take one of the genre's most elite cinematic offerings, and, just to be different, remove anything remotely creepy from it, and stuff an extra hour of drivel into it.

Witches have persistently proven to be the horror genre's most reliably spooky subset. If you can't make witches scary, you can't make anything scary. Incredulously, Guadagnino's take on Suspiria manages a self-annihilating excision of that very appeal. He woefully misunderstands what makes the Argento film tick, with fatal results. It became hard to care about what I was watching, or where it was going, it was just there.

From Call Me By Your Name to this...what a disgrace. Thank heavens that I wasn't in the vicinity of an art cinema on release.

4/10

9.5/10

that's been in my bookmarks for a while, i missed the original screening and now it's not available anywhere. jews.

it's on amazon prime

@GeminiMan

Not 1 but 2 Will Smiths is foreboding, and the premise is a bit of a groan overdone in recent times.

But hey, Ang Lee. Even his "lesser works" like Taking Woodstock, Billy Lynn and Hulk are worth watching, more victims of a filmography than anything else.

@GeminiMan

Not 1 but 2 Will Smiths is foreboding, and the premise is a bit of a groan overdone in recent times.

But hey, Ang Lee. Even his "lesser works" like Taking Woodstock, Billy Lynn and Hulk are worth watching, more victims of a filmography than anything else.

It's true that I immediately dismissed this based on the trailer but then realized "Ang Lee" and had to reconsider a bit. .. I think it's sort of fashionable to hate Will Smith these days but I tend to find him perfectly fit for whatever he chooses to engage in. Like, he will probably be AWFUL in Alladin, but that's more b/c the movie itself will be awful. 

Anyway, the one thing I kind of go WTF about in the trailer is how terrible the de-aging looks. I mean, I'm sure they will clean it up a bit by theatrical release, but have the first close-up shot of your character in this trailer with them looking like an slightly updated version of the MCP from Tron 

9.5/10

it's on amazon prime

it's on goy amazon only, not available here,