I'm glad there's been some love on this thread for TPBTPs. Felt like it was a little hard done by when it came out. It really is a fantastic film. Need to watch it again.

also, mike patton's score was just perfect. brilliant really. that scene where the guy was riding an atv parallel to gosling in the woods...damn. not to mention that gorgeous little theme throughout.

lindsay-lohan-the-canyons-teaser-trailer

watched this once but that was already too many times. this film can be summed up as follows: in the movie annie hall there is a scene where alvy approaches a couple and asks them why they're so happy to which the wife replies "uh, i'm very shallow and empty and i have no ideas and nothing interesting to say" and the husband adds "i'm exactly the same way" that's the canyons

Edited by Nebraska

Busting Out - Boobs/10 - On my recent documentary kick I watched this odd film. It has a good message, and some interesting evidence, but it isn't that memorable. They expect you to feel attached emotionally to the narrator, but like, there isn't any real introduction. They seed the story into the film and I just couldn't care less.

It definitely won't stick with me.

42nd street forever - volume 1

Just sticking to the trailers whilst consuming alcohol with friends is probably the best way to enjoy these films. 9/10

anchorman - i drool rivers of saliva, gasping for breath through fits of uncontrollable laughter; each time i watch this masterpiece of comedic excellence.

Anchorman is indeed a masterpiece.

Anchorman is pure comic genius, I can't wait for the next one to come out. "That doesn't make sense."

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0423505/

This "alternate film" companion to _Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy (2004)_ was compiled from dropped sub-plots and alternate takes. While Ron Burgundy's rivalry with Veronica Corningstone continues, a group of unprofessional thieves better known as 'The Alarm Clock' try to make the truth known, whatever that may be.

Edited by THIS IS MICHAEL JACKSON

2001: A Space Odyssey (70mm print)

unfortunately it was a pretty shitty print, almost to a point everyone should have been given their money back - felt quite duped...you'd have a better viewing experience on your laptop with a 834mb compressed Bluray rip...no joke

however, its still a 2001/10....(10/10) and the greatest film of all time

Damn ! I was gonna say the 70mm print used on the BluRay version is absolutely stellar and is considered reference footage for the video quality. I wonder what went wrong in your screening ?

Damn ! I was gonna say the 70mm print used on the BluRay version is absolutely stellar and is considered reference footage for the video quality. I wonder what went wrong in your screening ?

It was just obviously a shitty print that's been shipped around the world many times and has degraded over the years of use.

The 70mm print they would have used to restore the film was probably from a variety of different, better preserved, prints.

I think the IFI (which was the cinema i saw it in) owns the print I saw

hurlyburly - massive, cocaine fueled performances by kevin spacey and sean penn. top quality scriptwriting. subtle, dark comedy mixed with delicately twisted creepy, along with many genuine, heartfelt moments; all set within the los angeles film making community in the late 90's. i watched this for the second time and i would watch it again.

Europa Report: 7 rubbish OSD effects / 10

The French Connection: 10 /10 again

They Live: 8 John Carpenters / 10

Dead Alive: 9 LOLs / 10

Secret Windows: 7 Loving the Philip Glass OST Johnny Depp Stephen Kings / 10 - [5/10]

Edited by fenton

They Live: 8 John Carpenters / 10

"outside the limit of our sight, feeding off us, perched on top of us, from birth to death, are our owners! our owners! they have us. they control us! they are our masters! wake up! they're all about you! all around you!"

Elysium - 5/10 so derivative it was like a bad Syfy TV movie. Bad acting, fake accents, cheesy physical fx. A real disappointment after District 9.

CREAM

cash ruins everything around me

indeed......

Money kills!

I still have yet to see Elysium....

so many bad reviews....

we need an amazing sci fi film soon......

Hopefully it is Gravity....

or Ender's Game?

not so sure on that one, we shall see......

I watched this old film called Under the Skin (by Carine Adler) - I give it 10/10 (except the cheesy reggae song (in the soundtrack) at one point, which is only a minor flaw)

I watched Adventureland which was great fun to watch but slightly irritatingly knowing