watched Children of Men for the first time. its aged horribly well ay

Nah, how?

seemed like a fairly realistic depiction of where Britain, Israel, the USA, and Australia's refugee policies has/is leading towards. The nationalist propaganda, squalid refugee camps, and hints at state orchestrated terrorist attacks.

Edited by MadellisTheSixth

Nah, how?

seemed like a fairly realistic depiction of where Britain, Israel, the USA, and Australia's refugee policies has/is leading towards. The nationalist propaganda, squalid refugee camps, and hints at state orchestrated terrorist attacks.

Oh yeah, ok. I read it as “it aged horribly” and I thought, “I like that movie though”

aye. i loved children of men (only seen it once around when it came out) and haven't watched it since cos i imagine it'd be a real bummer of a movie today, for the reasons you're talking about. 

Nah, how?

Oh yeah, ok. I read it as “it aged horribly” and I thought, “I like that movie though”

horribly as in fuck its actually not unthinkable that this could be real.

aye. i loved children of men (only seen it once around when it came out) and haven't watched it since cos i imagine it'd be a real bummer of a movie today, for the reasons you're talking about. 

I think it would be interesting to watch again now, I'd imagine it wouldn't appear as shocking as back in 2006.

Just finished Bird Box. Sandra Bullocks makeup was really distracting and the script was pretty eh. Felt a bit like A Quiet Place if it hadn't been influenced by Super 8.

Both these films had really cool premises:(

also found this video pretty interesting

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OTO7Rqln9Q

I hope the people behind Annihilation make a sequel. Trying to get through the second book in the trilogy atm.

I feel bad just posting this because it's comic book related, but... it looks pretty interesting if you ask me.

Also, I'm a huge sucker for Joaquin Phoenix.

18QQNVC.jpg

had to watch the above film for work and thought it was kind of brilliant. basically, a cop responds to a report of gunshots at this woman's house. the woman says "it was my kid and it was an accident." after that she goes off on him: you know how frustrated i am? i'm either bored to death or so horny i could fuck a rack. 

dude is like oh snap- i stumbled into the right house. they have sex. he's then like "btw: i should tell you i'm married". no biggie. i just needed to fuck. ohhhhh snap. they have sex again (doggy style this time. outside. after the ol' i dare you to go outside naked chestnut) then the cop is like "look. i need to call my wife coz it looks like i'll be here all night" okay. just don't mention her again. 

he calls the wife. then- i think you get the idea. 

10/10 from me

btw: the babe has a killer body

i watched it again this year (second time) and also thought it aged horribly.  liked it when i was younger, but this time i came away thinking its actually trash.

of course it has moments of impressive world-building.. but the writing and story are insufferably bad, worse than b-action-movie.  for a movie supposedly about the last woman who can bear children, literally all of the women in the movie are flat token characters.  the only character they even try to develop is mr hero man.  and incidentally the only way they know how to move the plot forward are shocking-action-moments that happen to him.  you could cut out all the dialogue except his one-liner keanu-esque realizations.. and the way too long action sequences

the biggest shock was seeing michael caine rock out to a weird edit of Omgyjya-Switch7. 

agreed.

oh i went and saw the beach bum. was terrible. the best part was zac efron wearing jncos. sorry i spoiled it for you but now you can save $10 and an hour and a half

XFg.md.jpg

not sure about this: way too long (and unnecessarily so). the hospital part of the movie was the worst part- the ending was okay but then it had to drag on a little more to end which (again- was that necessarily?).

didn't feel like this wrapped up the myth well and honestly- felt like another filmmaker did it as seemed a little removed from the other 2 films.

6.5/10

i watched it again this year (second time) and also thought it aged horribly.  liked it when i was younger, but this time i came away thinking its actually trash.

of course it has moments of impressive world-building.. but the writing and story are insufferably bad, worse than b-action-movie.  for a movie supposedly about the last woman who can bear children, literally all of the women in the movie are flat token characters.  the only character they even try to develop is mr hero man.  and incidentally the only way they know how to move the plot forward are shocking-action-moments that happen to him.  you could cut out all the dialogue except his one-liner keanu-esque realizations.. and the way too long action sequences

lmao children of men is not a fucking character study jesus christ. amazing how bad people are at reading films. i'm not some crazy children of men apologist or anything but ... didn't you pick up on what the film was about? i think it's trying at things that aren't character related... just a thought.

Children of Men has this really great flow. Like a bowling ball rolling and it's started and doesn't stop and you are watching beside it. Going in and out of your line of sight.