Mandy was my favourite from last year. there's definitely a cosmic angle with the fantasy elements and the dream sequences around the title character + LSD mania.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Gocab said:

It was a real mess, but it had it's heart in the right place.  Baskin is maybe worth checking out, also full of flaws. Annihilation, the endless.

Mandy, not really cosmic per se, but I'd stick it in there anyway.

Mandy is fuckin so good

I also enjoyed annihilation, although the ending in the novel was better (hur dur).

recently been watching a lot of doco's on Kanopy, Maquilopolis and Big Men were interesting, both shedding light on the fucking depraved conditions third world countries are subjected to thanks to good ol' free market capitalism.

MV5BNWI1NjE1ZjUtMjYyZC00MjFjLTljNWYtMGRjODUzY2MzNDk1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjc2NjkzNTg@._V1_.jpg.bd85ca88d6648ca8d70f41ad94af2fbb.jpg2010717998_MV5BMTc5ODI4MDI0M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNTYwNzkzMTE@._V1_SY1000_CR006741000_AL_.thumb.jpg.3d56583d30cc04a865f5561c530b5489.jpg

Edited by MadellisTheSixth

Hobbs & Shaw - girlfriend wanted to see this, it's basically Mega Force, but with more motivational speeches.

Longshot - Seth Rogen stoner fare, Charlize Theron is pretty funny.  

Once Upon a Time in Hollywood - the closest I've seen Tarantino come to sensory overload, every scene is dense with detail.  Cinematography, sound design, & set design were all flawless.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, hello spiral said:

Last Tarantino I watched was Kill Bill. Is it worth catching up?

From Kill Bill to The Hateful Eight, his movies take place in that over the top comic book universe. Inglorious Basterds is the masterpiece of this half of QT's career, if you ask me. The sheer joy he had making that movie is very apparent and it gets better with each watch, even though I was a little skeptical when I first saw it in theaters. 

The Hateful Eight was my least favorite. Maybe it's just me, but there was nothing enjoyable about it. I hated every character and it wasn't fun watching them kill each other either. It has no soul.

OUATIH is more akin to his first three movies in that it sort of takes place in the real world and relies less on that cartoonish anything goes kind of vibe and just has really good characters. 

6 hours ago, hello spiral said:

Last Tarantino I watched was Kill Bill. Is it worth catching up?

Nah, but once upon a time and inglourious basterds are worth a watch imho.

On 8/22/2019 at 9:50 AM, Candiru said:

From Kill Bill to The Hateful Eight, his movies take place in that over the top comic book universe. Inglorious Basterds is the masterpiece of this half of QT's career, if you ask me. The sheer joy he had making that movie is very apparent and it gets better with each watch, even though I was a little skeptical when I first saw it in theaters. 

The Hateful Eight was my least favorite. Maybe it's just me, but there was nothing enjoyable about it. I hated every character and it wasn't fun watching them kill each other either. It has no soul.

OUATIH is more akin to his first three movies in that it sort of takes place in the real world and relies less on that cartoonish anything goes kind of vibe and just has really good characters. 

Since he revealed his films are a shared timeline of alt history (except Kill Bill & From Dusk Til Dawn) I'd say completists who want to see every character that's related to another, like the Vega Brothers should watch em all.  Everyone else, pick the winners.

Being a huge Vincent Price fan, I've never been able to locate digital copies of Brigham Young, or Champagne For Caesar.  Both before his stint as Hollywood's greatest villain.  Has anyone seen those before?

IMG_6623.JPG

IMG_6622.JPG