spacer.png

mfh73F.gif

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

It's pretty much the best movie ever made.

Never seen it, but I can now tell that it most certainly is the best movie ever made.

• Like 1

Not to move the focus away from Top Secret, but why on Earth are people excited about the "Snyder Cut" of Justice League? Of course, it won't take much to make it immensely better than the original cut. He could smear mayo on each frame it would somehow make it better, but people are talking about it as if it's the second coming of Christ.

I just hope they extend this scene to be 10 minutes long.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, MaartenVC said:

i can confirm
just saw that movie
it's hilarious ?

Not only is it hilarious, but it’s also somehow stumbles into the realm of surrealist high-art, in trying to squeeze as many jokes as possible into every second of the movie. Every time I watch it, I both LOL and bask in awe. 
Definitely Abrahams & Zuckers’ masterpiece. 

• Like 1

The Rental

It's as though the director was totally unaware of the slasher genre and just had it explained to them in very basic terms. They then went and made a film based on their new and simple understanding of the genre and did an ok job. 

On 7/24/2020 at 3:22 AM, J3FF3R00 said:

Um. Whaaaa???

⬇️⬇️⬇️

spacer.png

That was probably my favorite of the lot when i watched it ^ ?

Dont get me wrong I appreciate it to the max but in comparison to the others it doesn't take the cherry. Possibly because I grew up on the other ones and saw this later in life...however same thing happened with Wrongfully Accused and I absolutely loved that, so maybe its just Leslie Nielsen who makes everything better!

Shall just have to give Top Secret another watch soon :cisfor:

• Like 1

On 7/26/2020 at 1:59 PM, Enthusiast said:

The Rental

It's as though the director was totally unaware of the slasher genre and just had it explained to them in very basic terms. They then went and made a film based on their new and simple understanding of the genre and did an ok job. 

You mean Dave "The Master of Horror Movies" Franco? 

spacer.png

Listen man don't showcase your weak trivia knowledge like you're reinventing the wheel, i used to lambast Rubin for that shit till I got him to behave. It was like training a dawg that spills its guts all over the new carpet until you shout at it and its anus tenses up and quivers.

I watched the film a couple of nights ago and I gotta say it does a good job of building tension and paranoia..good writing and acting, there was some depth and intrigue. But as always with this stuff it falls apart in the final act..very badly. I can't say too much until I learn how to use spoiler tags but we get a new character who is just one of the worst pieces of shit I've ever seen, both as a character and plot device.

1 hour ago, perunamuusi said:

This is free on prime and I definitely would have scrolled straight past this if it wasn't for that del Toro tweet. Intrigued now.

It's better not to get your hopes too high though... That way you won't get disappointed... If you want good Lovecraft/cosmic horror check out The Untamed... 

it was fun, and funny sometimes, nice comedy popcorn flick, apart from the romantic shit... anyway it's hollywood so what did you expect...

The Lovebirds

i really wanted to love this, i mean, it looks gorgeous, pretty neat camera work and color grading and has a lot of attention to details specially for a micro-budget movie... really nice acting too... but it falls really short... it's so promising during the first 45 minutes though...

The Vast of Night

i dunno, i really dig evil dead and i find it extremely funny probably because of bruce campbell but this movie didn't do much for me...

Drag Me to Hell

i think this qualifies for so bad, it's good...first half n hour is kinda boring but when it gets going it gets pretty entertaining... it doesn't try to hard and that's maybe the reason why it doesn't fail...

Satanic Panic

a field in england, kill list and happy new year colin burstead are some of my favorite movies but this one didn't really do much for me, this one and free-fire... free fire is really bad right? how come he did a movie like that i don't even...

High-Rise

so many twists and turns... makes sense in the end though...

I See You

worth seeing just for the facepalmings... everything can be seen coming miles away... didn't even understand why the movie kept going after the 1st hour... the wow factor dudes, it's so cringey...

Predestination

at first it's difficult to feel any empathy for the characters but after a while their relationship makes it worthwhile... some nice vfx, some not so good... del toro tweeted that's one of the best cosmic horror flicks of the decade... i dunno about that... not the best one to judge...

Spring

cyber punk low-budget mexican movie from 2008... feels and looks really outdated...

Sleep Dealer

apart from the cgi it looks pretty good for '97... it's a shame what it's all about... some pretty horrific gory scenes if you into that shit...

Event Horizon

this is one of those movies that you wanna punch in the face and you keep saying no it's not possible, it doesn't really happened like this, it's gotta be an exaggeration of what really happened... turns out it is not, if you read the wikipedia about what the crimes and compare it to the wikipedia plot of the movie they're basically the same word by word... now, there's a lot of people saying the movie is bad because a lot of numerous reasons but i fail to see how it could have been any different...

Compliance

Time of the Gypsies: A masterpiece that is so many things at the same time. A truly outstanding piece of art. It's funny, sad, psychedelic, unpredictable and unusual in a very unpretentious way. Watch it if you haven't.

Meeting Gorbachev: Insightful, watch it.

• Like 1

action, drama, comedy, monsters and a lot of hearth... cook everything in a broth and you get this delicious korean ramen... fast paced, no boring parts, just plain fun until the end...

MV5BMTE3N2IwNmMtOGE0Ny00NWFlLTliNmUtNjY3ODExYjgxNmUyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTMxODk2OTU@._V1_SY1000_SX675_AL_.jpg

this david lynch tv movie wanna be twists your perception enough times to make  you wanna sit down until it's over but the end should have been left to the viewer interpretation...

The Nines

• Like 1

On 7/31/2020 at 4:52 PM, Banffspring72 said:

If this appeases to anyone on here: The Killing of America 1981.

p13101810_v_v8_aa.jpg

Let me guess, it was caused by violent video games like asteroids and pong.

• Farnsworth 1