On 3/9/2021 at 6:49 PM, TRiP said:

Southern Comfort

Defo a bit of a gem! It's a mix between Deliverance and Predator...so you know you got something nice cooking! Watched it on Amazon Prime here in Ireland, guessing its available other regions?

The River Wild

Had never seen it, but remember always seeing posters/VHS's of it in my local video rental shop. Was great fun for what it was. Also on Amazon Prime :cisfor:

Capone

Wow, this was so bad! Nothing really happens except Tom Hardy shitting himself and barely stringing sentences together. Proper definition of a waste of time.

Capernaum

Oh my, haven't gotten as angry at a film in long time. Just pure exploitative garbage. I would never have even dreamed of watching it but it was suggested by a friend in our movie club so felt obliged. Save yourself and everyone else, avoid this like the plague. I have a big issue when filmmakers use children in their films, especially when they are the lead. This kid gave an incredible performance, but to put him through all this shit is just not right or to have the pressure of performing and have the whole film weigh on his shoulders. The cherry on top was seeing the director cast herself in the role of the hero prosecutor :facepalm:

Southern Comfort is a classic. It’s probably a bit dated nowadays but that adds to its charm, Walter Hill of Warriors fame directed it and it’s definitely due a rewatch. Better than Deliverance imo.

Edited by beerwolf
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, milkface said:

Perfect Blue (1997) - first anime I've actually enjoyed + it had me on the edge of my seat the whole time. Would definitely recommend.

A Look Back: Perfect Blue. A Viewing of Satoshi Kon's Animated… | by  Patrick Coyle - Simmons | Medium

i've never watched anime but this image is cool

• Like 2

It's a good movie. It's time to losen the virgin eyeholes.

Edited by Silent Member
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Nebraska said:

61pVVQDlkSL._AC_SY550_.jpg

first time i watched this film, i was with my high school girlfriend, my best friend and his dame. not sure why i bothered watching it again

I remember when this came out, some of my friends went to watch it on shrooms. one guy was like "dude, DO NOT watch this movie on shrooms." I took his advice, and instead watched it with a girlfriend I had at the time, who was terrified. I was like lol?

• Like 1

On 4/2/2021 at 6:59 AM, milkface said:

Perfect Blue (1997) - first anime I've actually enjoyed + it had me on the edge of my seat the whole time. Would definitely recommend.

A Look Back: Perfect Blue. A Viewing of Satoshi Kon's Animated… | by  Patrick Coyle - Simmons | Medium

everything by the late Satoshi Kon is worth watching, especially Paprika (which my dog was named after)

didn't like the trailer but this was really good:

and here's Paprika

20201130_144247.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

On 4/2/2021 at 2:27 PM, Nebraska said:

220px-Godzilla_vs._Kong.png

just watched this and i have no idea what it was about / 10

If you’ve seen Rampage, you’ve seen this movie. Sounds good in surround sound at least, lol

16 hours ago, Nebraska said:

911af9KOzkL._SX425_.jpg

this was pretty interesting, but also pretty sad. part of me wishes it was just a little longer, despite being an hour and a half long. 

The only band I ever witnessed live that dared the audience to “come up here and suck my dick!” They were terrible.

On 4/2/2021 at 9:32 PM, zero said:

I remember when this came out, some of my friends went to watch it on shrooms. one guy was like "dude, DO NOT watch this movie on shrooms." I took his advice, and instead watched it with a girlfriend I had at the time, who was terrified. I was like lol?

I never watched it to the end - is it worth rewatching? 

I have a soft spot for the design of the ship (Event Horizon), and this general type of nonsense, but it is pretty bad. If your tolerance level for schlock is through the roof... maybe. Or pretend it's an unofficial Hellraiser in space sequel (i.e. the engine is a sort of lament configuration) which it kinda feels like. 

Unless you really love 90s horror films I think this is a hard pass, but I do, so I watch it every decade or so.

Edited by Silent Member
  • Like 1

I remember watching Event Horizon back in the day and it scaring the ever living shit out of me. Wife and I decided to watch it a few years ago (she had never seen it) and she was like... uh, this is kind of stupid? I'm not sure it's aged well, but I have some great nostalgia for it. I like the idea of it being an unofficial Hellraiser sequel, that actually makes a ton of sense (similar feel/sensibilities - though think Hellraiser I and particularly II actually hold up after all these years). 

Just started watching Into the Void - lots of folks here have recommended it over the years and a good mate brought it up again last night so decided to start it. Uh... wow. I'm only like 30 mins in and am just stunned by the whole thing. Amazeballs so far, will see how it ends up...

19 hours ago, o00o said:

I never watched it to the end - is it worth rewatching? 

I only watched it the one time back in like 1999, so can't honestly remember much about the ending. Sam Neil covered in blood at one point iirc? I do remember laughing at a lot of it due to the over the top gore, while the girl I was dating at the time was pretty shocked by some of it.

I think the response @Silent Member gave sounds pretty accurate.

11 minutes ago, milkface said:

Jarhead (2005)

Jarhead - Horse Scene | Scene, Horses, Jarhead

I watched this movie after drinking a few cups of tea brewed with morning glory seeds and i remember that desert scene really doing my head in. Need to revisit.

• Like 1