Compliance. this movie made me angry.

yeah, good film, great acting, especially Anne Dowd, the manager. incredible how dumb some people are.

it's easy to put down the people who were manipulated in the irl events that inspired this movie but you're missing the bigger picture if you think this isn't an area of human weakness that affects us all.

true

incredible how dumb some most people are.

Edited by caze

it's easy to put down the people who were manipulated in the irl events that inspired this movie but you're missing the bigger picture if you think this isn't an area of human weakness that affects us all.

true

incredible how dumb some most people are.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Experimenter_%28film%29

Jeruzalem. I have a soft spot for horror films based around the myths of gates to hell and other dimensions. Being filmed in Jerusalem I figured at least it would have an interesting setting, which I guess it did. Everything else was shit. Annoying as fuck characters, stupid Google glass found footage gimmick. No scares. Ugh. Why? I don't think this could've been handled much worse. 2/10 curse you above mediocre reviews.

Edited by Gocab

2 Werner Herzog's out/imminent, Queen of the Desert (factual fiction) and Lo & Behold, Reveries at the End of the World

gotta splash the cash for these big screen styles for a bloke who is still an outstanding film maker

Cosmopolis is wank. that's two bum notes in a row now for Cronenberg, it's worrying me.

also Stake Land is a well decent B-movie, recommended.

yes, those fucking abnormally huge eyes were too distracting.

watched some shit lately:

crimson peak - starts out ok, and is nice visually but when it starts advancing the plot and all those revelations begin to unravel in such a predictable manner that it just becomes another one of those template on-rails thriller-horror-mystery-whatever that you don't really need in your life.

the hallow - shift+delete after 3 idiotic jump scares.

in the basement (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3962828/) - just banal, stagey, exploitative and pretentious garbage of a doc. "oooh look at those old people talking shit about migrants and shooting guns" "oooh, look at that fucked up lady with a doll" "oh look at those ugly bdsmers"...fuck off.

i've been watching some stuff from this list and i haven't been disappointed... i aimed for movies from 2000 onward, most of the classic stuff i already knew...

http://366weirdmovies.com/

The Bothersome Man (2006) - sterile, surreal dark comedy major influenced by roy anderson, one of my favorites from this whole batch...

Der Samurai (2014) - can't make too much of this one, cool imagery with a surreal feeling of paranoia and a bit too much of silliness...

Calvaire (2004) - for horror fans

I Can See You (2008) - if you make trough this one i salute you lol imagine tim&eric plus lynch plus ben weathley, what kept me watching was the fact that i was constantly pleased by some nice shots/ideas that kept popping up in the middle of all hat "crap"... fantastic psy imagery at the final end sequences...

Kaboom (2010) - first time i tried to watch this araki movie i turned it off in about 10 minutes or so, its cinematography is very amateur looking and the atmosphere was a bit contrived... but now that i made it i'm not disappointed at all, great fun, nice that it doesn't take itself very serious...

The Double Hour (2009) - lynchian with some giallo aesthetics, i guess it fails a bit because it doesn't really decide where it's aiming for...

Edited by THIS IS MICHAEL JACKSON

Miracle-Mile-New-Square.jpg

holy shit, this was great. a bit messy but original and thrilling, and much more confrontational and darkly funny than I thought it would be. I can only imagine how many people went to see this on a date night thinking it was a rom-com before the sudden switch of mood 20 mins in.

macbeth - i don't know why they keep trying to do something with that ancient shakespeare shit. it's irrelevant, incomprehensible and unworkable in movies. i can barely identify with movies from before 1970s on some deeper level, as they often feel like they came from another world, let alone this shakespear shit from 3000 years ago.

Edited by eugene

macbeth - i don't know why they keep trying to do something with that ancient shakespeare shit. it's irrelevant, incomprehensible and unworkable in movies. i can barely identify with movies from before 1970s on some deeper level, as they often feel like they came from another world, let alone this shakespear shit from 3000 years ago.

couldn't take it more than 30 minutes...