Deadpool was fucking great.

Really? Haven't seen it but the trailers made it seem like the most pubescent crap mixed with stand up comedy where people say naughty words that gets everybody at the age of 15 totally psyched.

Zoolander 2

Don't waste your time...please for the love of god don't waste your time

(felt like it was written at least 5 years ago, all the 'jokes' are # related and feel ancient)

depressing/10

Deadpool was fucking great.

Really? Haven't seen it but the trailers made it seem like the most pubescent crap mixed with stand up comedy where people say naughty words that gets everybody at the age of 15 totally psyched.

That's advertising for you.

Oh it is dumb, but in a clever way. Eh... I really liked how self-conscious the movie was, also true to the spirit of the comics. If you think those are pubescent crap you shouldn't be arsed watching this!

Yes!

Southbound-6/10 no horror classic

Balls, I was looking forward to this one too. Not many horror anthologies are better than Creepshow, even the sequel is better than most.

It's pretty entertaining while it lasts, but at the end I was thinking "well that was some pointless bullshit". It's not terrible, but it's never scary. 6/10 is an above average horror film in my book.

Edited by Gocab

Yes!

Southbound-6/10 no horror classic

Balls, I was looking forward to this one too. Not many horror anthologies are better than Creepshow, even the sequel is better than most.

Did you see Creepshow 3? Yikes, it was bad direct to video but yeah I love The Raft, because titties.

Vampire Hunter D - never got around to watching or finishing this film in the past, so thought i'd give it a go whilst on the exercise bike yesterday.

It's pretty emo, and not very deep. There's action, broadly set within the context of the roadmovie format, but it doesn't really mean anything without a denser realisation of the world to draw me in. The film however provides the viewer with an enigmatic and surreal world that was worth sticking around for, and it did take me to a different place. Sure that place was a semi-western, semi-vampiric post apocalyptic alternative futurescape eons into the future, but still fantasy goood, boring non fantasy baad (sorry, channelling michael rivero).

Pointing out that i watched the above film is a good jumping off point to knock US subs and dubs. I normally get subs from subbing groups that are passionate about what they do and painstakingly endeavour to remain true to the original scripting. Unfortunately for me, I was watching a bluray with the native subs taken from the american scripting, which i must say, deviate, faaaar, from the original japanese. Before this i've been revisiting some studio ghibli films and they had the same problem (thanks disney, way to respect miyazaki like you go on about all the time).

Here are a few of the things that irritated me about american rescripting of the japanese content; the content of the dialogue is dumbed down for example, there is continual exposition by the characters of what you can already see is happening, they really play to the loowest common denominator, it's irritating when you are trying to watch the action and there's actually no japanese dialogue but these useless tripe filled subs keep popping up; then conversely when the japanese dialogue is explaining something philosophical or complex, the american subtitling completely dumbs it down or omits the dialogue altogether, It's fucking hopeless; on top of that they like adding in statements by characters that they think are 'cool' or 'funny', they are incorrect in this.

These problems that i listed are not at all in keeping with the characters or scenario generally presented by the film's original creators and it fucking pisses me off, the people working in this industry are in no way professional (god forbid having to ever listen to one of their valleygirl/surferbum dubbed versions, i'd rather spend a day killing lab rats). I would engender to suggest that the american dubbing industry is outsourced to houses that are run by the monobrowed stepchildren of those that populate the already mentally challenged mafia that runs the mainstream of hollywood.

The Quiet Man - stoned chill followed by family visit leads to dreaded viewing of John Wayne & whatsherface O'Hara prancing round where every Oirish cliche ever imagined is thrown into a romantic swoonfest, but Ma's are gold so indulgence is key

The Karate Kid (following day, same scenario) - Karate Kid ......"Sweep the leg", fuckin ell flashback central, bad hair every where, but its still a romp

Le Cercle Rouge - flawless storytelling, its head & shoulders above just about every other crime epic barring a few classics, Yves Montand rocks as the alcoholic marksman Jansen with the dt's psychosis

tumblr_m1tcf5IDEX1qcay1ao1_500.gif

saw deadpool. was entertaining. better than i thought it'd be at least but my expectations were pretty low. 3/4 of the action was absurd parkour flips that kinda got pretty stale pretty quick. as a kid who was jealous of my friends who had one my favorite line was probably...

"you had a dishwasher?"

rewatched life aquatic. fucking mark mothersbaugh is just so the fucking man. soundtrack makes the movie

Metropolis, the anime version, is amazing.

Yup, great film. Could do with watching that again actually, it's been years.

I watched Zoolander 2 today and thought it was awesome. Funniest film I've seen in a long time actually.

Metropolis, the anime version, is amazing.

Yup, great film. Could do with watching that again actually, it's been years.

I watched Zoolander 2 today and thought it was awesome. Funniest film I've seen in a long time actually.

good one

saw deadpool. was entertaining. better than i thought it'd be at least but my expectations were pretty low. 3/4 of the action was absurd parkour flips that kinda got pretty stale pretty quick. as a kid who was jealous of my friends who had one my favorite line was probably...

"you had a dishwasher?"

rewatched life aquatic. fucking mark mothersbaugh is just so the fucking man. soundtrack makes the movie

fok this track is great

naw g for serious i thought it was great. what are you expecting watching it? zoolander 1 is a funny film that parodies its subject well. zoolander 2 did the same. i can see people not liking all the throwbacks to zoolander 1 and maybe thinking it was lazy but i like that it wasn't afraid of doing that and just did what it could to make a fun/funny movie. good length too. anchorman 2 was way too long and is obviously the most comparable film.

if you watch a ben stiller comedy expecting high art then i don't know what to say.