Spotlight: 6/10 I understand that the Boston Globe piece was a critical step in breaking something that now seems common knowledge (disturbingly high prevalence of Catholic priest kiddie fiddling). However, the movie felt kind of rote and whatever affectation Mark Ruffalo was trying to put on wore me out about midway. Sweet early 00s Caesar cut though.

If it had been a documentary it would have been better. The fact that it won an Oscar for Best Picture is ridiculous. "If this movie doesn't win, you're all pedophiles". Mad Max should have won.

Room: 8/10. Brie Larson deserved best actress. It was a good movie. There was tension, philosophy and good old fashioned movie feels too.

the 2nd hour is weaker in comparison though, it kinda just fizzles out and loses focus.

Spotlight: 6/10 I understand that the Boston Globe piece was a critical step in breaking something that now seems common knowledge (disturbingly high prevalence of Catholic priest kiddie fiddling). However, the movie felt kind of rote and whatever affectation Mark Ruffalo was trying to put on wore me out about midway. Sweet early 00s Caesar cut though.

If it had been a documentary it would have been better. The fact that it won an Oscar for Best Picture is ridiculous. "If this movie doesn't win, you're all pedophiles". Mad Max should have won.

i know i have a pretty bad memory but i really hope mad max wasn't the best movie i saw last year

Edited by juiceciuj

the-lonely-island-movie-377x560.jpg

went to watch this as a test audience. it's called conner4real and it's a mockumentary about a guy who's at first a part of a trio before going solo then fucking up. the movie has a ton (and by that i mean almost EVERYONE in pop music today though about 60% are stock footage- might end up being different for final cut). tbh the film plays like a skit and the jokes revolve heavily on the lyrics of the music by the lonely island with lyrics like "fuck me like bin laden was fucked by the USA" or the main song which is something like a donk roll.

if you find that kind of shit funny, and random celebrities showing up- (or andy samberg's writing) then you'll enjoy this. it's supposed to come out june 2016

they changed the title from conner4real to popstar

i know i have a pretty bad memory but i really hope mad max wasn't the best movie i saw last year

Out of the nominated ones it was the one I enjoyed the most.

Spotlight winning best picture is fucking weird. It was solid but... It's not even that kind of movie. Like an afternoon TNT network movie.

Spotlight winning best picture is fucking weird. It was solid but... It's not even that kind of movie. Like an afternoon TNT network movie.

After seeing it I told my girlfriend that it was like a watching an ok episode of a bad tv-show.

i imagine it's such a compelling story that it doesn't necessitate having amazing performances to get the point across. i imagine it's similar to maybe argo winning best picture? though argo was awful when it one best picture. affleck's performance was so phoned in. i didn't find it to be a terrible compelling story though since i knew the whole plot going into it

Nice one,

just noticed that "Wrong" by Quentin Dupieux (Mr.Oizo) started 10 minutes ago on german channel ARTE. Never saw it before, i'm really curious about that.

Will edit this post later for a quick review.

Sexy Beast

I'm sure he's not representative of all you Spanish people/10

watched last night wiv me Ma cos it was my 1 of my old man's favourites

from the start to the end theres not an oz of fat on it, mint characters, story goes straight for the jugular & always stays just the right side of mockney guy ritchie bollix

Ian McShane (sp?) as Teddy "Mr Black Magic" Bass & Gandhi as Don Logan are 2 of of the greatest psychos seen in film

rabbit god demons, the subconscious, dreams/ambitions vs obligations vs time & tide...all in under an hour & a half

The Canal

Slightly jumpy horror that is basically a cross between The Ring and an episode of Luther.

Not bad but not brilliant.

5.8 / 11

I see someone else watches the Horror channel.

A Town Called Panic - Fucking amazing, an indian, a cowboy and a horse accidentally order loads of bricks and travel to the centre of the Earth. Watch it if you like stop-motion animation and things that are good.

The Canal

Slightly jumpy horror that is basically a cross between The Ring and an episode of Luther.

5.8 / 11

Yep. It can be alright for the odd quirky independent horror film. But there are some complete rotters on there too -

For example Cube 2: Hypercube which was last nights fucking confusing (in a shit way) offering. -i/10

The Canal

5.8 / 11

Yep. It can be alright for the odd quirky independent horror film. But there are some complete rotters on there too -

For example Cube 2: Hypercube which was last nights fucking confusing (in a shit way) offering. -i/10

Haha, I almost watched that but couldn't be dealing with the ad breaks if it was like the first one, ie a claustrophobic tense film, as they would have killed it. Didn't miss out then?

Amy - Candid documentary on Amy Winehouse's rise and fall on channel 4. Never been that into her music but good viewing even if it does feel a little too voyeuristic at times. It was so depressing I almost didn't have a beer afterwards.

The White Ribbon 10/10

Second viewing of this and it's stunning. If you really want to do anything in the world of film you need to be able to write.