surprised?

Rita, Sue & Bob Too - fuckin mint northern English comedy, rude, brassy, mixed class aspirations, 1 of the best alcoholics ever portrayed on film and societal hypocrisies at every turn.

"i thought i were fookin greeeeeeeat"/10

Just watched that Daft Punk Unchained doco on BBCiplayer. Never been a massive fan of their music but the film was pretty good. Sometimes I'm more interested in an artist or bands story than the music they make, like I can watch a documentary on Elvis but wouldn't necessary want to be playing his Greatest Hits.

Only downside was those two cunts Kanye and Pharrell making an appearance. Can't fucking stand the both of 'em.

Has anyone seen Midnight Special yet? It's gotten a limited release, kind of looks like a rise of Cyclops film, but it's getting comparisons to early Spielberg films like Close Encounters of the 3rd kind and ET.

Sean Connery sunday with me Ma:

Outland (1981)...... been a long time since last viewing this & it stood up well. Yes its a bit patchy in terms of budget/effects, but just strays the right side of fromagery. 7/10

The Anderson Tapes.....another flashback, but much more solid heist filem (though nowt will trump Le Cercle Rouge). Loads of loads of 70's faces, proper "ah i know him from blah", but besides all that a fun blend of characters/tension/plot. 7.5/10

non-Connery rewatch of The Conversation (1974). How fuckin on top was Gene Hackman during this period? Its like an inverted French Connection, where the pace n pows are supplanted with fear & paranoia, plus this human loves the editing style. It adds so much more weight to the desperation & questioning, the morality traps & fallout from the 60's, but that dissonant audio technique really bites subconsciously too. Missus fell asleep. Say no more. 8/10

The Revenant.

Kind of awesome. Some pretty funny bits, specifically when

he has to use the dildo on his friends decapitated head to understand what he is saying.

yeah, lol. that horse-gore-shelter was pretty out there as well.

The Revenant.

Kind of awesome. Some pretty funny bits, specifically when

he has to use the dildo on his friends decapitated head to understand what he is saying.

yeah, lol. that horse-gore-shelter was pretty out there as well.

a horse giving birth to a leo, that was the best scene...

How fuckin on top was Gene Hackman during this period? Its like an inverted French Connection, where the pace n pows are supplanted with fear & paranoia,

Proper GAK