Man Salon has been dead since Greenwald left, now we have half-assed articles trying to ineffectively persuade people away from their wisdom.

what do you mean by this?

i mean that in Greenwald's absence from Salon (who was by far their most hit-gathering writer) they have writers that are clearly jealous with his impenetrable logic and the logic of people like Hayes who has become increasingly influenced by the likes of Greenwald and Chris Hedges in the past year (making him one of the only rational hosts on MSNBC). In short I find that Salon article pretty much pointless and spinelessly taking swipes at other people who take strong moral stands on issues like torture, especially when being portrayed in a shit propaganda film.

Edited by Awepittance

dark knight rises - entertaining i guess. looks good. bane is an awesome villain/story if you excuse the comedy voice. batman is a bit of a pussy in this one. cool prawn-copter thingy. anne hathaway killed my boner for the catwoman characters of the past. dunno 6.5/10.

Man Salon has been dead since Greenwald left, now we have half-assed articles trying to ineffectively persuade people away from their wisdom.

what do you mean by this?

i mean that in Greenwald's absence from Salon (who was by far their most hit-gathering writer) they have writers that are clearly jealous with his impenetrable logic and the logic of people like Hayes who has become increasingly influenced by the likes of Greenwald and Chris Hedges in the past year (making him one of the only rational hosts on MSNBC). In short I find that Salon article pretty much pointless and spinelessly taking swipes at other people who take strong moral stands on issues like torture, especially when being portrayed in a shit propaganda film.

condemning a film without seeing it while basing the condemnation on an article whose writer also haven't seen the film..this just breaks new ground for you i think.

Guest Jimmy McMessageboard

before we start fighting about salon.com lets all just agree that torture is an effective way of getting intel. and that drone strikes are totally working.

Edited by Jimmy McMessageboard

please let's not get into this in this thread..but anyway, you don't have the right tools and information to determine either, you can condemn both on moral ground and such but not much more.

This is probably not giving me an invitation to the watmm-cool-crowd. But I'm giving The Hobbit a 8/10 because I was thoroughly entertained by it.

Is the 2D version only 24fps btw?

Edited by Npoess

I got to the part where the black dude getting naked was supposed to bring lols and promptly switched channel. Yes, I watched television.

This is probably not giving me an invitation to the watmm-cool-club. But I'm giving The Hobbit a 8/10 because I was thoroughly entertained by it.

Is the 2D version only 24fps btw?

yes it is.

I give Samsara - 9/10, those dolly shots were amazing as was the progression, music was a little hit and miss / overall I think it could be a tad shorter.

lol, why in the fuck would you even try to watch that shit?

it was on telly last night. watched it with the wife. lolled at how bad it was then it just became like a dead animal that we couldn't stop looking at and poking with sticks.

we made a solemn vow not to tell anyone about it.

FML

Well... That is a weird one. I don't really consider it a 'traditional' Scorsese movie. And I didn't particualry enjoy it either. I'm a big fan of his (kind of a fanboy to be honest). But I don't love everything he's made. Raging Bull for example, is just one big snorefest to me.

Despite also having DiCaprio as the protagonist (he's just not that great of a actor, but he gets the job done), Gangs Of New York is another one I think that's pretty under appreciated. I fucking love that movie.

Edited by Npoess