Doctor Strange has some fun visuals, still a crappy marvel movie, but at least it was entertaining. I guess it has the visual inventiveness I was expecting to see in Inception, which turned out to be another Bond movie. Yes, I liked it more than Inception. Shoot me.

Mothers Eyes. Well this was just drab and dreary, filled with bad acting. Watch Bad Boy Bubby instead. I guess the cinematography was ok? 77 minutes never felt so long.

I'm halfway into Suicide Squad and I'm turning this shit off. Worthless toss, I feel fucking offended at the retarded music cues and jokes. Bad everything. Fuck everyone involved in the making of this.

it could be also that bill burr is a decidedly B- comedian who has been vaulted to recognition by annoying white men on the internet discovering comedy

Edit: not you, just speaking about his fans generally

Bill Burr is right up there with the greats on a good day, he's just a bit of a one trick pony.. kind of like Stanhope

i randomly walked past bill burr this weekend on 8th ave and was like BILL BURR LOL and he looked pissed.

lol

Watched Arrival, watmm seems to hate it, but I thought it was decent. Well made, nice everything, but the main concept was a bit too wishy washy new agey for my sci fi tastes. Still liked it, better than most of the Hollywood shite I watch.

Agreed. Definitely enjoyed it, but they were purposely holding back too much information, cinematic cock-teasing a tad' much which caused it to feel a little unsatisfying. Had they made things a little clearer and given a slightly more solid end i'd say people wouldn't have as much hate.

DNDqQeL.jpg

holy shit- i loved this film (maybe even more than the first). this is much more grounded and explores the members of the continental a little more. towards the end though, things get a little unrealistic but i think at this point, the filmmakers are counting on the fact that they've established this is strictly an "over-the-top" action film so they throw all their chips in that pot and kinda hope you overlook any of the other missteps; a risky misstep for some but it didn't affect my suspension of disbelief

eight and a half guys in black suits getting point blank range gunshots into their brain out of ten

Agreed!

i thought it was pretty fuckin' boring. gun based combat in movies is generally pretty uninteresting to me. and i think this relies a bit to much on the shoot the guy in the knee so he falls with his head right in front of my pistol thing like 200 more times than it should. martial arts are far more interesting to watch. i was the only one who laughed out loud at the 20 minute scene of keanu and common rolling down the stairs.

So I finished I Will Always Know What You Did Last Summer... turns out the fisherman is a zombie, I think? I think they were trying to reference Jason or Michael Meyers or something?

Anyway, it was quite bad.

There's been lots of film-within-a-film movies done before, not sure if I've come across novel-brought-to-life-in-the-imagination-of-the-protagonist-within-a-film before though. It's nice to see some originality in a mainstream hollywood movie these days, there's not too many people still pulling that off. Beautifully shot, and Amy Adams and Jake Gyllenhaal were both really excellent. Lots of absurdity and dark humour, plus real emotional resonance, and it's nice to have some unambiguous metaphors going on as well, some dreamlike Lynchian nonsense is great too, but there's plenty of room for something carefully constructed like this as well. 

Edited by caze

MV5BMjIwNjA0NzM3Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwNjU4

"The story of the relationship between Karamakate, an Amazonian shaman and last survivor of his people, and two scientists who work together over the course of 40 years to search the Amazon for a sacred healing plant." 

It was quite good, actually. It looks a bit like an anthropological documentary on primitive people. You should probably watch it if you like the Amazon, realistic acting and lots of drama.

The_Light_Between_Oceans_poster.jpg

iDo <3 it wen iCan’t distinguish actors in a film coz their portrayal of character is so convincing. & this flick starts promisingly well like dat 4me, didn’t know any1… until very ozi bit player thats bin in every ozi film eva started 2 fill the surface, & iThought is that bloke weyland industries’ robot david ? - as the stoic ww1 vet whoumst’ve signs on as a lighthouse keeper @ lonely Janus Island in this impeccably groomed period piece. had nvr b4 seen the v beautiful alicia vikander who joins him 2 star there, where their leads’ r q good - theres this gr8 scene where she shaves off his ginger hitler moustache 2 pash him on da smoothe. its subtle, tense, funny; the romance is palpable. 

& both live happily ever b4…

[nuthin' spoilerable}

… things unravel, get soapied up as per usual 'wat happens nx will shock you! '

wen a shaky camera accompanied by loud canned infant crying sample introduce a boat carrying a dead man & an alive newborn washed ashore, the main leads decide 2 bury the corpse & raise the rescued child as their own kin like ‘mums the word’, which works 4a while, 2 string out the by-numbers, tick-the-boxes plot that this tearjerker becums. ‘their’ kid’s revealed 2 authorities 2b ‘not theirs’ @all, but rather, & legally, the lost@sea daughter of a trustafarian widow living estranged from her dad on the mainland, ffs, &, as myth wld have it - Drama ensues: hearts r rent coz <3 & ethics becum hopelessly entangledy-diddley & impossibru, sad truths prevail, bonds r broke az Tragedy kicks on in w. cued sweeping, soaring violins synced w. soaring, sweeping, lush af cinematography of Mutha Naycha™. misty camera prompts eye mist segued this user interface 2 spacebar drag ffwd'd jump cuts (ft. generic glitchy mpeg audio wobble), 1/2 sec credits, force quit this mf, bih rn, 

Item “ The Light Between Oceans 2016 720p WEBRip 950 MB - iExTV.mp4 “ is locked. Do you want to move it to the Trash anyway?  / 10